Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Darkest Dungeon - new dlc with major balance update

Twizman

Scholar
Loving the game so far in the early-mid game! :) This is one of the few modern RPGs I've bought. I look for RPGs with challenging party-based combat focus and a lack of story and cutscenes. The dark art style with cosmic horror influence is also awesome for me.

Quite surprised I've seen so little mentions of the game here, at least in General chat lately since Color of Madness released. The latest balance update has taken a big step towards removing the stunstall meta, and makes significant changes to the classes and some mechanics.
Patch notes: https://www.darkestdungeon.com/darkest-dungeon-the-color-of-madness-patch-notes/

Last edited:

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
Quite surprised I've seen so little mentions of the game here.
There's been 100+ page long threads and entire dramas around the game with people who tried to post negative reviews of the game and the administration forestalling such attempts.

I'm not sure you even read the codex, 14-parrots guy.

Aim1ess

Novice
Does everyone have a different description of what an RPG is? I thought it was enjoyable but it feels more like strategy/roguelike. Its just a giant dungeon crawl with incredible narration, atmosphere, and tension. Fairly fun game though, don't get me wrong.

Twizman

Scholar
I like grindy RPGs personally :), my other favourites in the genre are: Dragon Warrior II/III (hardtype), Wizardry V, and Baldur's Gate (Sword Coast Stratagems). I usually drop RPGs pretty quickly if there is a fair amount of exposition or story elements interrupting gameplay.

Last edited:

Agame

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here
As Vatnik already said, just read the current DD thread: link. Almost 50 pages of thrilling Celerity angst and drama!

And maybe people are just tired of the game, I know I played it a ton but Im just not that interested in playing again with this new DLC...

Twizman

Scholar
Thanks Agame. I'm still in early-midgame and noticed I can't revisit short-medium dungeons with my stronger heroes. Not sure what I think about that.

Last edited:

Wunderbar

Arcane
Thanks Agame. I'm still in early-midgame and noticed I can't revisit short-medium dungeons with my stronger heroes. Not sure what I think about that.
check out BaerTaffy on youtube or twitch. Dude isn't a good Darkest Dungeon player, but his videos are very entertaining. Like this, for example.

Whiny-Butthurt-Liberal

I enjoyed Dankest Dungeon, but I won't play it again. Grinding is anathema to gaming.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
I've burned out fairly quickly, the game just doesn't have the depth it promises. Although last I played was before all the DLCs, maybe I'll give it another shot.

check out BaerTaffy on youtube or twitch. Dude isn't a good Darkest Dungeon player

Is there anyone that is good? I've looked a bunch when I tried to learn some strats. Shitload of videos but mostly by clowns or normies who have no idea what the fuck they are doing.

Suicidal

Arcane
I've burned out fairly quickly, the game just doesn't have the depth it promises. Although last I played was before all the DLCs, maybe I'll give it another shot.

I got bored of this game initially and then came back to it with the DLC and also installed a bunch of class mods (some of which were a lot more interesting than the game's official classes) and I still couldn't last past week 30. It's just too damn repetitive.

The dungeon they added in the DLC is quite cool but it doesn't fix the game's main problem is that in-between doing the quests in the new dungeon you still have to endlessly grind the 4 "main" dungeons the game came with for resources and there's only so many skeleton warriors and pigmen I can kill before I start considering watching paint dry instead.

Last edited:

Twizman

Scholar
Looks like I got sucked in by the aesthetics and early-game promise. Thanks for elaborating on the problems with the game.

attackfighter

Magister
It's not really a FUNDAMENTAL problem, merely a problem which arises owing to poor balance. If they altered the speeds at which you level and collect resources the game would be fine. Probably there is a mod which solves it.

Reinhardt

Arcane
Korean localization is the smallest of game problems. New endless mode simply doesn't load for me and after i closed game my savefile is now broken. And there is lots of people in crash subforum in steam with same problem.
But who cares? Koreans are loud so they come first. Remember, guys, fighting for your customer rights is bad and evil just pay for broken product and be silent.

Last edited:

Reinhardt

Arcane
Celerity common people needs you again to fight corrupt developers!

batman-symbol-in-the-sky-wallpaper-2.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom