Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Completed [Play-by-Post] Magic World/BRP: "In Search of the Sorcerer"

Grimgravy

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
Rhenmyr cut Sreng's boat loose and was moving toward the action. If he can get to into the position he's at in the map and attack, let me know and I'll roll it up.

nikolokolus

Arcane
Rhenmyr cut Sreng's boat loose and was moving toward the action. If he can get to into the position he's at in the map and attack, let me know and I'll roll it up.
You acted in the surprise round before the shit hit the fan if I recall. When you're not engaged in combat and in a dead run, you can sprint at 10 meters per MOV in a round (vs. 3 meters per MOV in combat) in one round and still act. So go ahead and make your attack.

nikolokolus

Arcane
Hindered as they are by the globe of darkness, Sreng and his cohort blindly smash about with club, fist, foot and sword.

Sreng's foot lifts high and smashes down close to Marcán and Rhenmyr:Sreng's blind stomp (17%) roll [1d100] = 10% (Siveon and Grimgravy need to make luck rolls to see who is targeted, if you are then you need to either try to dodge or parry the stomp).

The ogres are too slow to react to Borric (this round), and most of them continue to flood out behind Sreng, plowing through walls, and the crunch heavily into the door-jamb -- the tavern's structural supports groan loudly under the strain and the sound of splintering planks and beams fills the air.

Suddenly the globe of darkness surrounding Sreng *pops* out of existence like a greasy soap bubble, fading away to little wisps and tendrils of black smoke that quickly clear away. Sreng bellows with rage and roars at the top of his lungs loud enough to shatter glass and make all of your guts turn to water. (everyone within earshot needs to make a POW vs. POW 8 resistance roll to keep their nerve, if you fail you are -25% to all of your actions. for 5 rounds)

Sreng and his henchmen stumble out on to the dock and start smashing whoever is within their reach, including innocent bystanders (50% that they attack somebody besides you lot this round as people continue to run away and scatter). Sreng is bleeding badly from hitting his head on the lintel of the door, and his calf and knee gush thick gouts of blood, however as you continue to stare at him, you swear you can see the wounds slowly closing and the blood slows to trickle.

9Bz9lel.png

Round 2

Strike Ranks
INT Ranks

Urash 21
Amon 19
Fey Innkeeper 15
Marcán 15
Solon 14
Mab 11

DEX Ranks
Rhenmyr 18
Amon 16
Borric 14
Mab 11
Marcán 9
Urash 9

Solon 9
Sreng and Co. 6

Last edited:

nikolokolus

Arcane
Would "tipping" the barrel over get the flammable tar close to the tavern's door? That's the spot I want to burn.
This is an open-topped half-barrel about 2 feet tall and 2 feet wide, with two rope handles for carrying. tipping it would probably create a surface area of tar no greater than 3m x 3m square. Currently it, and you, are about about 10-12 meters away from the door. To lift and carry it in one round would require an effort roll, if you fail your effort roll you can at least drag or slide it 3m (1 square) per round. Tipping it over requires an "easy" effort roll (STRx10), if you fail that roll it still tips over, but not in a controlled way, so the spill direction will be random.

nikolokolus

Arcane
Urash grasps the two handles of the tar pot and waddles across the dock, he gets within about 3m (10') and empties its contents on the ground at Sreng's feet (FYI, Urash is now effectively engaged in the melee because Sreng's reach is about 10' all around him with his oversized sword, you'll have to successfully pass a dodge roll to disengage, or you can run away and subject yourself to a free attack).

nikolokolus

Arcane
Marán attempts to resist Sreng's bellow: Marcán's 15 POW vs. 8 POW (85%) roll [1d100] = 82% SUCCESSS!
Sorry Siveon, I need to keep the action moving.
Marcán's Luck Roll (75%) roll [1d100] = 84% Sreng directs his vicious stomp at Marcán who raises his sword to deflect the incoming blow
Marcán's parry (89%) vs. Sreng's stomp roll [1d100] = 39% vs. normal success [5d6] = 18 = damage
Marcán's sword vibrates violently in his hands as it absorbs some of the blow, but fortunately the blade's stout orichalcum holds up to the might of Sreng's prodigious bulk and his foot smashes through the aged planks of the dock-road (no damage to the blade and no pass-through damage).

nikolokolus

Arcane
Luck Check (50) vs [1d100] = 32
Dodge Check (87) vs [1d100] = 95

oh well the hell I didn't post, check the logs I did this before. Eh, I like this outcome anyway.

Marcán retaliates to save his feline friend.

It's up to you, if you want your shitty result over my superior, clearly not-shitty result to stand. If you do take your failure, depending on your armor roll it might not be a major wound, but then again . . .
;)
Sreng's parry (78%) vs. Marcán's falcata: roll [1d100] = 88%FAIL!
Sreng clumsily tries to swat away the deft strike of the Keltic bard and utterly fails. Marcán's falcata chops deeply, Sreng's Armor roll [1d6+2] = 6+2 = 8 but is mostly absorbed by the hulking brute's thick skin (1 damage got through)

nikolokolus

Arcane
Borric "mauls"(94) the ogre: roll [1d100] = 53% SUCCESS!
Ogre parries with his club(40%) vs. Borric: roll [1d100] = 65%FAILURE!
Borric's damage: [1d10+3] = 4+3 = 7 + [1d4] = 2 =9 damage
Ogre's armor roll [1d3] = 3 damage
6 damage gets through. Ogre is still standing, but howls in pain and staggers clutching his badly mangled knee and a little bit doubled over from the hammer blow to its ribs.

Meanwhile Solon takes a step back behind Mab and Amon and starts to utter a spell. Mab steps forward with his spear held in front of him trying to stab at the ogre nearest to him.
Mab spear(79%): roll [1d100] = 45%, [1D8+1] = err damage, vs. Ogre's parry(40%): [1d100] = 62Success vs. failed parry
damage roll: spear damage [1d8+1] = 6+1 = 7 vs. [1d3] = 3 tough hide 4 damage gets through

The ogres fill up the space on the docks around Sreng and move in to take on Mab, Amon, Marcán, Rhenmyr, and Borric(x2) Llywelyn ap Gruffydd your actions will retroactively precede what follows.
Updated map
Jw03bbv.png

Sreng attacks Rhenmyr: greatsword(78%): roll [1d100] = 94%, damage =[2d8] = 11 + [2d6] = 4 FAIL! and follows up with his stomp Sreng's Stomp(33%): [1d100] = 6% damage = [5d6] = 16 SPECIAL! (Grimgravy roll your defense)

The ogre on Marcán attacks: Ogre vs. Marcán: club(40%) roll [1d100] = 84%, damage = [1d8+3] = 1+3 = 4 + [1d6] = 3 FAIL!

Ogre vs. Mab: Ogre vs. Mab: Club(40%), roll [1d100] = 95%, damage =[1d8+3] = 1+3 = 4 + [1d6] = 6 FAIL!

Ogre vs. Amon: Ogre vs. Amon: Club(40%), roll [1d100] = 28%, damage [1d8+3] = 5+3 = 8 + [1d6] = 3 SUCCESS! (Llywelyn ap Gruffydd roll your defense. If you somehow one-shot this ogre, or otherwise do something that disables the one in front of you then the roll will apply to the one in the second rank who will move up).
Ogres vs Borric: Clubs (40%), 1st roll [1d100] = 40%, 2nd roll [1d100] = 57% One SUCCESS! and one FAIL!
Borric parries (94%): roll [1d100] = 84% vs club damage [1d8+3] = 5+3 = 8 + [1d6] = 5 Borric's maul verberates and the handle bends a bit under the strain of deflecting the mighty club of the ogre, but fortunately it doesn't break under the assault.

Amon gets his action, needs to roll his defense and Rhenmyr needs to roll his defense and then it will be round 3.

nikolokolus

Arcane
Dodge(75): [1d100] = 100
Just tell me how fucked I am.
Armor defends, but he gets another 3d6 damage (i.e. double-base damage, then add damage bonus; damage bonus doesn't get doubled (thankfully))
Sreng's additional special damage vs Rhenmyr [3d6+16] = 11+16 = 27 total damage

The armor rune adds four points, but is limited to the maximum of your armor (so 1d8+1+4 gives you a minimum of 6, but can't exceed 9).

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom