Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The STEAM Sales and Releases Thread

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I might get War of the Chosen as well if it gets that kind of reduction. Then again I might not, I'm not sure it's worth it without Long War.
Yeah. I didn't even play LW2 but I did use the LW studio's extra character classes. I can't go back from that.

Don Peste

Arcane
Fallout 4 Season Pass -%66 off please Todd be good please.

If I'm not that lucky: Torment Tides of Numenera or Tyranny. Or maybe I should just wait for them to appear in a Humble Monthly.
Indies: Ittle Dew 2, KeeperRL, The Darkside Detective. Turok 2: Seeds of Evil could be fun too.

What will actually happen: Disappointment + Selling the event cards for $0.05 each.

ScrotumBroth

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In
Not bad for 14 years of service. I'm certain the bulk of my purchases were done during the golden age of sales, circa '10-'13.

TotalSpend 2018-05-26 08:14:39.143 $1,280.96
OldSpend 2018-05-26 08:14:39.143 $961.04

Modron

Arcane
My to buy list has been whittled down a bit:
Atom RPG,
Bastard,
Legends of Eisenwald: Road to Iron Forest,
The silver case + sequel,
Galaxy of Pen and Paper,
Vanquish,
Exanima,
Tesla vs Lovecraft,
Gloria Sinica,
Ghost of a Tale,
A Tale of Two Kingdoms,
Sea Dogs: to each his own,
Darkside Detective,
Mars War Log,
Chuchel,
Yakuza 0,
Alvora Tactics,
Samorost 3,
River City Ransom: Underground,
Through the Ages,
Thaumistry,

Throwing Yakuza in there because I am going to preorder it but might as well get 10 cents back in cards kek.

Ivan

Arcane
My to buy list has been whittled down a bit:
Atom RPG,
Bastard,
Legends of Eisenwald: Road to Iron Forest,
The silver case + sequel,
Galaxy of Pen and Paper,
Vanquish,
Exanima,
Tesla vs Lovecraft,
Gloria Sinica,
Ghost of a Tale,
A Tale of Two Kingdoms,
Sea Dogs: to each his own,
Darkside Detective,
Mars War Log,
Chuchel,
Yakuza 0,
Alvora Tactics,
Samorost 3,
River City Ransom: Underground,
Through the Ages,
Thaumistry,

Throwing Yakuza in there because I am going to preorder it but might as well get 10 cents back in cards kek.

my recommendations/skips

moraes

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
We need a "Cebulak" rating.

Cebulak is a type of man who is full of behaviors taken from the village. Cebulak is usually envious and jealous. No one can ever use bulbs, even by finishing a higher school of onions and garlic.

Obscurably about the Pole about envious, jealous, excessively mean behavior, often with tendencies to thievery, rudeness. Definition of the general life, road and financial chama.
Synonym: beetroot, scomer, villager.

Source: https://www.miejski.pl/slowo-cebulak

Translation by: Dr. Google Cebulak

Ivan

Arcane
My wishlist, would appreciate any advice to whittle it down a bit:

Expeditions: Viking
Dropsy
Brigador
Fran Bow
RE 7
A Hat in Time
Nioh
Celeste
Nier Automata
Lara Croft Go
Gorogoa/Edith Finch (bundle)
Thimbleweed Park
Sonic Mania
Evil Within 2

Jinn

Arcane
My wishlist, would appreciate any advice to whittle it down a bit:

Expeditions: Viking
Dropsy
Brigador
Fran Bow
RE 7
A Hat in Time
Nioh
Celeste
Nier Automata
Lara Croft Go
Gorogoa/Edith Finch (bundle)
Thimbleweed Park
Sonic Mania
Evil Within 2

Would highly recommend Expeditions: Viking, Nioh, and Nier:Automata. Brigador also looks great, but have never played myself. Will probably pick that one up this time around.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
We share wishlists now? k

Running with Rifles
Rise of Nations - Extended Edition
Xanadu Next
Wolcen: Lord of Mayhem
ATOM RPG
Divinity OS2
Bastard Bonds
Recettear
Age of Decadence and Dung Rats
Vaporum
Deep Sky Derelict
Boiling Point: Road to Hell (if that ever happen).

TotalSpend 2018-06-14 14:48:15.440 $0.00
OldSpend 2018-06-14 14:48:15.440 $0.00
PWSpend 2018-06-14 14:48:15.440 $0.00
We need a "Cebulak" rating.
pleb without
wally_the_prestigious_monocled_bird.gif
detected
or just stick to the
dollars.png

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Nier Automata
I wanted to love this game but it is a fucking slog. The first hour is garbage, then it gets fun until the dullness of "open world checklist" sets in. Boss fights are more endurance tests than skill tests. I guess 60 hours later some magical secret is supposed to happen that makes it all worth it but I lost interest in a tenth that time. YMMV.

oldmanpaco

Master of Siestas
Think I'm going to get AssCreed: Desert if its 50% or more off. Its the first AC game I've wanted to play since getting burned out on AC2 5-6 years ago.

PrettyDeadman

Think I'm going to get AssCreed: Desert if its 50% or more off. Its the first AC game I've wanted to play since getting burned out on AC2 5-6 years ago.
It's pretty good but you need to have a really strong pc to play it.
No AMD processors allowed.
Strong single-core performance is required.

They changed some things for the better, but it's still repetetive and total failure from storytelling perspective (like always with asscreeds).

oldmanpaco

Master of Siestas
It's pretty good but you need to have a really strong pc to play it.
No AMD processors allowed.
Strong single-core performance is required.

They changed some things for the better, but it's still repetetive and total failure from storytelling perspective (like always with asscreeds).
I have a pretty decent PC so I'm not worried about that.

The repetitive nature of the games does make me a little leery.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
The repetitive nature of the games does make me a little leery.

Origins ditched a lot of the typical openworld side activities and collectibles (map hoovering) in favour of questing and NPC relashuns. I liked my map hoovering better tbh. Sure it was repetitive but that suited me just fine after a hard day's work, when I just wanted to switch off my brain, romp around the Carribean or London beating up baddies, doing some mindless side activities and collecting muh loot.

The problem with questing is you have to actually care about the world and NPCs to be engaged and in Origins you just fucking don't. The world is paper thin, the NPCs are vapid and retarded and the dialogues will bore you witless. When someone asks you for the nth-time to help him with a stray cat or stolen family heirloom you feel like throwing your keyboard through the window.

And Odyssey is supposed to go even further and become a full-blown Witcher 3 style RPG. With Ubisoft level writing and world building it's gonna be a total disaster.

Modron

Arcane
Haven't played Asscreed Egypt yet but maybe you need to stop and consider that the series isn't for you if you got burned out on the best one.

Heretic

Cipher
https://www.voidu.com/en/yakuza-0-digital-deluxe-edition
or
https://www.voidu.com/en/yakuza-0-digital-deluxe-edition-3 (different regional versions)

Use discount code SUMMER18 for 12.54 EUR

Also of note the Outcast remake for 9.75 EUR with the same discount code
https://www.voidu.com/en/outcast-second-contact-2

Also of note Prey - Mooncrash for £11.99 or ~13.70 EUR
https://uk.gamesplanet.com/game/prey-mooncrash-steam-key--3056-2

mastroego

Arcane
So summer Steam sale beginning tomorrow. What do we want?

The only thing I want is at least 70% off from War of the Chosen.
I have a "soft" wishlist of 25 titles. I mean, nothing too pressing. Nor too essential, actually. If the discounts are good...

I might get War of the Chosen as well if it gets that kind of reduction. Then again I might not, I'm not sure it's worth it without Long War.

WOTC is totally worth it even without LW2. Many of the new mods don't work without it.
I'll consider it indeed.
It's just that I haven't even tried XCOM 2 vanilla: LW1 is SO superior to vanilla that for the second iteration, for me, vanilla wasn't even an option.
I'm very dubious I could enjoy the game as much without the modifications from these guys...

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
if Vampyr is like 30% off I'll buy it. other than that I can't think of a single game I'd like to buy.

SkiNNyBane

Liturgist
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
Nier Automata
I wanted to love this game but it is a fucking slog. The first hour is garbage, then it gets fun until the dullness of "open world checklist" sets in. Boss fights are more endurance tests than skill tests. I guess 60 hours later some magical secret is supposed to happen that makes it all worth it but I lost interest in a tenth that time. YMMV.

Yea the people keep saying it gets better second playthrough. What the fuck? It was mediocre at best first playtrhough, how the fuck would it magically get better larping a little boy isntead?

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
The First Men, real-time 4x strategy from the developers of Overfall (remember? The rougelike RPG consulted by MCA):

ss_d7d39b5173c38a20d2112b6fe83b9104d7e18d92.600x338.jpg

• Customization of the first man and woman with infinitely varied combinations.
  • A character-driven gameplay. Body, Mind, Soul, Self, and Heart attributes with hundreds of traits and abilities offers a deep strategic gameplay, a rich and enormously diverse progress of characters to enjoy.
  • Deep and immersive exploration. A vast fantasy world full of wonder rewards exploration as you traverse, discover, interact and learn more about the multitude of races you will encounter during your adventures.
  • Settlement management with a tremendous variety of structures to build, upgrades and technologies to discover, and items to craft.
  • Expeditions in which each character is unique and carries his or her bonuses and/or disadvantages, gains experience, learns new abilities with a memory system, and progress while obtaining new traits and collecting shiny items around the world.
  • A unique real-time combat system using mechanics of a complex card game. Each subject you encounter, even a pack of wolves or a swarm of spiders, have their own cards to use.
  • Detailed and stylish cartoony visuals set a distinct "fantasy-comedy" tone, reinforced by atmospheric animations, sound effects, and music.
  • Different game modes for all players, scenarios with unique stories and victory conditions, skirmish maps for tailored competitions and random maps to add procedurally generated fun into the game, all available in both singleplayer and multiplayer sessions.
  • Workshop support and an in-game map editor for crafting unique stories.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom