Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Anyone also going to Gamescom?

Frusciante

Cipher
Project: Eternity
So I will go to a gaming conference for the first time in my life. Basically I'm flying from Munich for my holidays and thought I'd stop in Cologne for 2 days on the way there.

I will try to make some reports on games that can be of interest for the codex (new Halo, gears tactics, assassins creed).

Any advice from people who go to these things more often? Like should I avoid the Saturday? Do I really have to be there early and sprint to the more popular game booths?

I will go Friday afternoon and the whole Saturday.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
if you ask me it's a complete waste of time unless you have a business pass for the vip area and scheduled meetings

the pleb area is basically noise, flashy lights, screens that show youtube trailers and retards going 'woooooo' from cardboard stages

Frusciante

Cipher
if you ask me it's a complete waste of time unless you have a business pass for the vip area and scheduled meetings

the pleb area is basically noise, flashy lights, screens that show youtube trailers and retards going 'woooooo' from cardboard stages

haha ok, well that's going to be interesting then. If it really is that bad I will just get out of there after a few hours and do some sightseeing in Cologne.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

Yes this.

Get the Codex to arrange for a press pass for you, or something, because 90% of the time spent in the public area is standing in queues for three quarters of an hour while being bombarded with an indistinguishable dirge of noise from 20 different game trailers, just so you can play a game for 10 minutes before being told to get off the PC because the next guy in the queue has to get in.

The past Gamescoms I've been to were pretty stressful due to having a tight schedule of interviewing devs and watching presentations in the business area, but I'd take a tight schedule of that over having to stand in queues with anime cosplayers any day.

Nevertheless, Ceres Games is trying to get a booth there, so if we get one you can tell us you're from the Codex and we'll let you in and force you to play through our game's combat demo until you manage to get through without losing a single character. It'll be worth it just for that :M

The public area has some interesting things but the majority of it is just meh unless you're an easily exciteable teenager and/or a cosplayer.
Oh yeah I guess if you like looking at girls in anime costumes, it's definitely worth going there, because you're gonna see a lot of girls in anime costumes.

Last edited:

Frusciante

Cipher

Yes this.

Get the Codex to arrange for a press pass for you, or something, because 90% of the time spent in the public area is standing in queues for three quarters of an hour while being bombarded with an indistinguishable dirge of noise from 20 different game trailers, just so you can play a game for 10 minutes before being told to get off the PC because the next guy in the queue has to get in.

The past Gamescoms I've been to were pretty stressful due to having a tight schedule of interviewing devs and watching presentations in the business area, but I'd take a tight schedule of that over having to stand in queues with anime cosplayers any day.

Nevertheless, Ceres Games is trying to get a booth there, so if we get one you can tell us you're from the Codex and we'll let you in and force you to play through our game's combat demo until you manage to get through without losing a single character. It'll be worth it just for that :M

The public area has some interesting things but the majority of it is just meh unless you're an easily exciteable teenager and/or a cosplayer.
Oh yeah I guess if you like looking at girls in anime costumes, it's definitely worth going there, because you're gonna see a lot of girls in anime costumes.

Well that sounds great at least! I will be sure to stop by at your booth if you do get one :).

Last edited by a moderator:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom