Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

What kind of Fallout gamer are you?

Black Angel

Arcane
peter-hines-twitter-jpeg.4096

Bigg Boss

Arcane
I'm the kind that loved all the old ones including Tactics, played the new ones, but only liked New Vegas.

Last edited:

Black Angel

Arcane
Nonsense, F:NV>F76.
Yeah, but I don't see that meme as being about how one thing is better than the other, and more like how autistic a fanbase of something could become compared to the other. For this particular version of the meme, though, I see it as fans of 76 thinking the fans of New Vegas for being autistic, only for both of them to realize how fans of F3 are the true autists here :lol:

gruntar

Augur
Can time please stop passing so quickly and reminding me of just how goddamn old I'm getting? :despair:

Tell me about it. First time I played Fallout 1, I barely could put my real life age in character creation. This year is the first one I cant put my real age in character creation anymore...
:negative:

jungl

Augur
everything past fallout 2 is fan fiction. With fallout tactics and new vegas being the only decent entries in that

PorkBarrellGuy

Is this for real, though? Or is it some kind of caricature?

It's a pretty effective bait format, it annoys you a little even if you're fully aware of what it is

It's because they embarrass via association, I think. You know there are lowest-common-denominator popamoler chucklefucks who unironically like these damn things and post/agree with them on social media and other forms of cancer, and the knowledge that tons of other chucklefucks will associate you with these morons and their pants-on-head stupid memes grates on you. My theory, anyway.

EDIT: Seriously, whoever creates these has a strong fucking stomach.

Ocelot

Learned

He is right, though. Why would anyone expect realism from Fallout? That's like expecting the next Star Wars to be hard sci-fi.

Fallout 3 is going to turn 10 years old in a few months. That's, like, 2 generations of consoles ago. Many of the modern bethestards weren't even born then. Totally oldschool.

10 year old games aren't old enough to be old school. Also FO3 plays like the most recent instalments so it makes no sense to call it "old school", unlike FO1 and FO2.

Black Angel

Arcane
He is right, though. Why would anyone expect realism from Fallout? That's like expecting the next Star Wars to be hard sci-fi.
The problem is that the guy he's responding to in that tweet (iirc) weren't talking about realism at all, though. The guy was asking him why is there a terminal entry that were implying that Jet existed before the Great War, and that's the response Hines gave him. Is discussion about lore consistency related to realism at all?

FeelTheRads

Arcane

Oh goodie, another moron who can't tell the difference between realism and verisimilitude.

Wasn't this about how having any retarded thing (ie ghouls living in a refrigerator or smth) is fine because lolz its syfy not real life lolol

That's who you think "is right". An imbecile and corporate PR asshole.

In other words, if you're too stupid to get it: sci-fi doesn't mean anything can go. Not even in "soft" sci-fi. And especially not without some reasoning.
"Hey, it's sci-fi!" is not reasoning. It's an excuse given by lazy writers and shitslurping fanboys.

I imagine a gun made from pig iron would be more like a hand grenade

I thought the idea of the song was old guy with a piece of shit gun that barely works comes into town and beats the young murderer on the draw, showing his experience and that he can still be quick when the situation calls (defying the town's expectations, who thought he was dead meat to the much quicker young guy). Instead it's just a song about a guy with a big gun. I dunno, feels far less impactful.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom