Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Jurassic World: Evolution

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Yeah, it is one of those games that get worse significantly after you spend more than a dozen hours on it.
I wish Steam wouldn't allow reviews with less than X hours of playtime - that would put an end to many of those overly positive reviews by idiots stunned by "muh graphics". "BEST GAME EVAH" - after 3 hours of playing, sure...

Space Satan

Arcane
Vatnik
It is a mobile game. It is EXACTLY a mobile game we have already, aimed at breeding new dinosaurs and premium dinosaurs for gems. Economic and management part in JWE is shit.

Dawkinsfan69

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Bethestard
Ok so I got this game + all dlc on sale and it's fun as hell, I have about 30 hours in at this point and I've only completed 4/8 scenarios then I guess once I've finished all 8 there's challenge modes and shit.

The game's actually pretty damn hard in just the standard campaign tbh. Requires a lot of planning ahead and ability to quickly respond to disasters.

All in all super worth it very fun building game u can AMA any questions

axx

Savant
Ok so I got this game + all dlc on sale and it's fun as hell, I have about 30 hours in at this point and I've only completed 4/8 scenarios then I guess once I've finished all 8 there's challenge modes and shit.

The game's actually pretty damn hard in just the standard campaign tbh. Requires a lot of planning ahead and ability to quickly respond to disasters.

All in all super worth it very fun building game u can AMA any questions

Is there some sort of sandbox mode? Also months ago I saw people complaining about the small variety of buildings and lack of decorations and stuff (you had TONS of that in ZT1, one reason I love that game).
Seeing how Mess-ozoica turned out to be a scam (as many have predicted) we'll see how Prehistoric Kingdom turns out when it comes out.
I also saw there is no mod support. A shame :(

Dawkinsfan69

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Bethestard
Is there some sort of sandbox mode? Also months ago I saw people complaining about the small variety of buildings and lack of decorations and stuff (you had TONS of that in ZT1, one reason I love that game).
Seeing how Mess-ozoica turned out to be a scam (as many have predicted) we'll see how Prehistoric Kingdom turns out when it comes out.
I also saw there is no mod support. A shame :(

There's a huge island that's used for sandbox play. There's also a lot of buildings but they don't offer much customization. Like there's one bowling alley, one restaurant, one fast food place, one hotel, one arcade, etc... but there's def a lot of buildings to place. No mod support, which blows :(

The fun part of the game is in managing the park, dealing with crazy weather, unlocking the shitton of dinos and playing around with enclosures. The creativity part is really in enclosure design and making the most out of different space restrictions on each island. Responding to tornados tearing down fences and letting dinos lose, or raptors breaking out and eating people. I haven't started the challenge modes either but those seem cool. Some more variety would be welcome but I've had a lot of fun just playing with what's already in the game.

vonAchdorf

Arcane
Did anyone play this recently? The reviews still aren't raving, even though they seem to have added a lot to the game. But one review says, the visitors are zombies without real needs and simulation and there is no variety in the things you can place.

Is any of the DLC worth it?

Dawkinsfan69

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Bethestard
If you like building games and you like dinosaurs you'll probably like this. Dr. Wu dlc is good I haven't tried claire's but I like redheads and she's a hot redhead so it's prob good. Rest are dinosaur packs but they're cheap so if you like dinosaurs I guess they're ok.

I wouldn't expect to play the game for like a million hours but you can get it on sale and have fun for 30 hours or more if you go on to do challenge mode and sandbox stuff

axx

Savant
Wait for Prehistoric Kingdom for better management part. It's in beta.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom