Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Nok-Nok (the goblin companion written by MCA) featured in Pathfinder Adventure Card Game: http://paizo.com/community/blog/v5748dyo5lkus?PACG-Fun-at-Origins-and-Free-RPG-Day

Nok-Nok… He's Here
A while back we revealed Nok-Nok, our fifth goblin promo character for Free RPG Day. That's an annual event where gamers around the world play hobby games all day long. More than a dozen companies provide free products for participating retailers to give out, and Paizo is no exception. In addition to the modules We Be 5uper Goblins! for the Pathfinder RPG and Skitter Shot for Starfinder, we've got Nok-Nok for PACG.

Nok-Nok is from the upcoming Pathfinder: Kingmaker CRPG. My birthday-twin Chris Avellone wrote a bunch of stuff for that game, and so we wanted to honor him by including Nok-Nok in our world. Here's Nok-Nok in all his glory.

20180613-NokNok.jpg
20180613-Token.jpg

When someone asks you if you're a god, you say yes.

We especially like the central mechanic on Nok-Nok: that he cares how many of what are in his location deck. Sure, every character does. But Nok-Nok is especially good at gaining value from cards that aren't even flipped over from the location deck yet. It's kind of awesome to watch.

20180613-HeadDrum.jpg
20180613-FifthGawd.jpg

Also, Nok-Nok may not be every goblin's goblin. The other goblins use his head as a drum, which does not endear them to Nok-Nok. If you want a goblin to solo through the first adventures in Rise of the Runelords or Season of the Runelords, Nok-Nok's your man. Er, goblin. If you can't get your hands on Nok-Nok on Free RPG Day, don't fear! We'll be sending him out for free along with PACG subscription shipments of Ultimate Wilderness in July; non-subscribers will be able to purchase him from paizo.com starting August 2.

http://paizo.com/products/btpya1be?Pathfinder-Adventure-Card-Game-Promo-Card-NokNok

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game Promo Card: Nok-Nok

Lamashtu's chosen Nok-Nok be
That's why his eyes number three
Middle eye is not real... yet
But soon will be, on that you bet!

Stupid gobs want Nok-Nok dead
Bang a drum beat on his head
His loyalty, it knows no end
Nok-Nok longshanks' bestest friend!

Add some ferocious goblin fun to your to Pathfinder Adventure Card Game with Nok-Nok! This fully playable character, complete with role and token cards, will be released for Free RPG Day 2018. Nok-Nok may be used with any Pathfinder Adventure Card Game set.

Our Price: $3.99

Feargus decided to shutdown the digital version.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
i hope this game is so good ill do the angry joe face when playing it

Cael

Arcane

how to report to russian authorities for spreading lgbt propaganda? thanks

Try their main office city's police department. They should be able to forward your email to the appropriate cybercrime unit. Don't even have to say anything much. Just something like "saw this on Twitter and I think it violates your laws on homosexuality" would probably do it.

frajaq

Erudite
Oh yeah speaking about that are they wasting resources/time on romances for this game

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Weird update: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/owlcatgames/pathfinder-kingmaker/posts/2206850

Good for seeing all the companions in one place, at least.

Fan Voiceover Contest - Supported By Syrinscape
Posted by Berserkerkitten

Hey there, Pathfinders!

How would you like to win a Royal Edition of Pathfinder: Kingmaker? Sure, you may have already backed our project on here or pre-ordered your version, but you know what's always better than one copy of Kingmaker? Two copies! Share it with a loved one. Share it with your cat, teach Mr. Whiskers how to play videogames and make a viral video! Share it with an enemy who hates classic CRPGs, just to rub it in! The possibilities are endless! Also, all winners will be getting a free Syrinscape subscription for a year! The award-winning Syrinscape app brings tabletop games to life with epic sounds that have been custom-created for epic games, including the official sounds of Pathfinder, Starfinder, Call of Cthulhu, Shadows of Esteren and many more, with an extensive library to accompany any fantasy or sci-fi game.

For your chance to get your hands on that sweet, sweet swag of ours, please read the following rules carefully:

1. Use one of the pre-written lines of text for your character of choice (provided at the end of this update) and record it. If you're feeling brave, you may also improvise something.

2. No more than 2 submissions per participant, please.

3. The absolute maximum length per submission is 20 seconds.

4. You may enhance your submission by adding background music or sound effects.

5. Send your submission to team@owlcatgames.com

6. We will accept submissions until July 1st. Please be sure to submit your contribution in time!

Voting process

We are going to publish all submissions on the forums. Every member of the community is invited to vote in the polls in order to determine the most popular submissions. The Owlcats reserve the right to pick personal favourites and hand out additional rewards for them. The voting process starts after we stop accepting submissions and lasts for one week.

6acf901b4f2da3cadb7c919820336e78_original.png

Character VO lines:

91e6fdea52993944038df3f301cae032_original.jpg

Octavia

Alignment: Chaotic Good

Class: Rogue/Wizard

Phrase: “Outdoor adventures are good for skin and body-shape… But they just ruin the hair!”

62e613ddfba44c85b223c2a04ca9b28c_original.jpg

Valerie

Alignment: Lawful Neutral

Class: Fighter (former Paladin)

Phrase: “I've been taught if someone annoys you, you either pray or polish your armor. (sigh) It is why my armor gleams as it does.”

e0376e4aaa0264d63441fddf768c1ad6_original.jpg

Jubilost

Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Class: Alchemist

Phrase: “What manner of country is this? Where is the lavish dining, the festivals? Place barely merits a footnote in my compendium!”

29ca070eba4e29c96e8396ad4380ca74_original.jpg

Amiri

Class: Barbarian

Phrase: "Oh, it's you. Stay out from under my feet, or I'll strike you down! Blood for Gorum!!!"

b0fdbcd9fb3e34ae35568a6ec655ebc5_original.jpg

Ekundayo

Alignment: Lawful Good

Class: Ranger

Phrase: "The name's Ekundayo, Ekun for decent ones. Used to be a carpenter in the Bristlehill village. Trolls attacked. Killed everyone but me. Will show them that was a mistake."

f854c7f6c1b2ba995599eab1335ad4f0_original.jpg

Harrim

Class: Cleric of Groetus

Phrase: “Everywhere I go, a pall hangs over everything… Though people say it was better before I arrived…”

39a5f85929aa66f3321bea443ac99d68_original.jpg

Tristian

Alignment: Neutral Good

Class: Cleric of Sarenrae

Phrase: “Once a girl told me my eyes light up her world. I said that the blessing of Sarenrae will light up her soul. (Genuinely confused, slight) She seemed… disappointed.”

0a2bffbb996b9a36a280cf52dbd43d55_original.jpg

Linzi

Class: Bard

Phrase: “Linzi the Magnificent? Linzi the Illustrious? Something more simple, like Linzi the Great? Maybe Linzi the Indecisive…”

cc70ee9d988961fa49076d7dc187883b_original.jpg

Regongar

Alignment: Chaotic Evil

Class: Sorcerer

Phrase: “I am quite a social person, you know. I enjoy meeting new people. They didn't learn to keep away from me yet.”

c2b2c4d9fadafbfe65f450f82447c005_original.jpg

Jaethal

Alignment: Neutral Evil

Class: Inquisitor Phrase: “The "undead" is such a frivolous term. I prefer "Immortal". "Eternal". "Everlasting".”

537d4ce9142de14c5230fa2f81a760df_original.jpg

Nok-Nok

Alignment: Lawful Evil

Class: Rogue Phrase: (singing) “Knife is for stab, pick is for lock, but what makes a hero? Why... ask Nok-Nok.”

frajaq

Erudite
ugh, well we'll see how it goes I guess...

also the only Lawful Evil companion is a Goblin Rogue? :hmmm:

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Weird update: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/owlcatgames/pathfinder-kingmaker/posts/2206850

Good for seeing all the companions in one place, at least.

Fan Voiceover Contest - Supported By Syrinscape
Posted by Berserkerkitten

Hey there, Pathfinders!

How would you like to win a Royal Edition of Pathfinder: Kingmaker? Sure, you may have already backed our project on here or pre-ordered your version, but you know what's always better than one copy of Kingmaker? Two copies! Share it with a loved one. Share it with your cat, teach Mr. Whiskers how to play videogames and make a viral video! Share it with an enemy who hates classic CRPGs, just to rub it in! The possibilities are endless! Also, all winners will be getting a free Syrinscape subscription for a year! The award-winning Syrinscape app brings tabletop games to life with epic sounds that have been custom-created for epic games, including the official sounds of Pathfinder, Starfinder, Call of Cthulhu, Shadows of Esteren and many more, with an extensive library to accompany any fantasy or sci-fi game.

For your chance to get your hands on that sweet, sweet swag of ours, please read the following rules carefully:

1. Use one of the pre-written lines of text for your character of choice (provided at the end of this update) and record it. If you're feeling brave, you may also improvise something.

2. No more than 2 submissions per participant, please.

3. The absolute maximum length per submission is 20 seconds.

4. You may enhance your submission by adding background music or sound effects.

5. Send your submission to team@owlcatgames.com

6. We will accept submissions until July 1st. Please be sure to submit your contribution in time!

Voting process

We are going to publish all submissions on the forums. Every member of the community is invited to vote in the polls in order to determine the most popular submissions. The Owlcats reserve the right to pick personal favourites and hand out additional rewards for them. The voting process starts after we stop accepting submissions and lasts for one week.

6acf901b4f2da3cadb7c919820336e78_original.png

Character VO lines:

91e6fdea52993944038df3f301cae032_original.jpg

Octavia

Class: Rogue/Wizard

Phrase: “Outdoor adventures are good for skin and body-shape… But they just ruin the hair!”

62e613ddfba44c85b223c2a04ca9b28c_original.jpg

Valerie

Alignment: Lawful Neutral

Class: Fighter (former Paladin)

Phrase: “I've been taught if someone annoys you, you either pray or polish your armor. (sigh) It is why my armor gleams as it does.”

e0376e4aaa0264d63441fddf768c1ad6_original.jpg

Jubilost

Class: Alchemist

Phrase: “What manner of country is this? Where is the lavish dining, the festivals? Place barely merits a footnote in my compendium!”

29ca070eba4e29c96e8396ad4380ca74_original.jpg

Amiri

Class: Barbarian

Phrase: "Oh, it's you. Stay out from under my feet, or I'll strike you down! Blood for Gorum!!!"

b0fdbcd9fb3e34ae35568a6ec655ebc5_original.jpg

Ekundayo

Alignment: Lawful Good

Class: Ranger

Phrase: "The name's Ekundayo, Ekun for decent ones. Used to be a carpenter in the Bristlehill village. Trolls attacked. Killed everyone but me. Will show them that was a mistake."

f854c7f6c1b2ba995599eab1335ad4f0_original.jpg

Harrim

Class: Cleric of Groetus

Phrase: “Everywhere I go, a pall hangs over everything… Though people say it was better before I arrived…”

39a5f85929aa66f3321bea443ac99d68_original.jpg

Tristian

Alignment: Neutral Good

Class: Cleric of Sarenrae

Phrase: “Once a girl told me my eyes light up her world. I said that the blessing of Sarenrae will light up her soul. (Genuinely confused, slight) She seemed… disappointed.”

0a2bffbb996b9a36a280cf52dbd43d55_original.jpg

Linzi

Class: Bard

Phrase: “Linzi the Magnificent? Linzi the Illustrious? Something more simple, like Linzi the Great? Maybe Linzi the Indecisive…”

cc70ee9d988961fa49076d7dc187883b_original.jpg

Regongar

Alignment: Chaotic Evil

Class: Sorcerer

Phrase: “I am quite a social person, you know. I enjoy meeting new people. They didn't learn to keep away from me yet.”

c2b2c4d9fadafbfe65f450f82447c005_original.jpg

Jaethal

Alignment: Neutral Evil

Class: Inquisitor Phrase: “The "undead" is such a frivolous term. I prefer "Immortal". "Eternal". "Everlasting".”

537d4ce9142de14c5230fa2f81a760df_original.jpg

Nok-Nok

Alignment: Lawful Evil

Class: Rogue Phrase: (singing) “Knife is for stab, pick is for lock, but what makes a hero? Why... ask Nok-Nok.”
The first charactres portrait is pretty bad, but the others look nice. I like the art style. I'm sure others will hate the exaggerated weapons and heads, but I like it. It's kind of a mix of JRPG styles and regular western portraits.

Nortar

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
The first charactres portrait is pretty bad, but the others look nice. I like the art style. I'm sure others will hate the exaggerated weapons and heads, but I like it. It's kind of a mix of JRPG styles and regular western portraits.
These are Wayne Reynolds works, taken straight out of Pathfinder pnp rulebooks, if Im not mistaken. He illustrated a lot of D&D books as well.

Shadenuat

Arcane
Pathfinder and shitty digital art with many belts come in one package, sadly. At least that was my reaction when long time ago I went through their books.

But what can you do.
These are Wayne Reynolds works, taken straight out of Pathfinder pnp rulebooks, if Im not mistaken. He illustrated a lot of D&D books as well.
The ultimate :edgy: art

characters don't need weapons, as they can cut you with their faces and belts

I think it's important to know if romances are race restricted or not. Because Sseth would not make a review of the game if he won't be allowed to romance coin counting gnome

deama

Prophet
Any idea when this game is coming out? This year? Next?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom