Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Darkest Dungeon AKA the Celerity Attention Whore Thread

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
Some of you may have missed these: Darkest Dungeon character story comics (look under Darkest Dungeon Presents). The artstyle is good (as in, consistent with the game) but surprisingly some of these are pretty good, the Houndmaster and Highwayman in particular.

Also, latest DLC has "We just finished playing Grim Dawn: Ashes of Malmouth and we have SO MANY new ideas to steal!" written all over it.

Some of you may have missed these: Darkest Dungeon character story comics (look under Darkest Dungeon Presents). The artstyle is good (as in, consistent with the game) but surprisingly some of these are pretty good, the Houndmaster and Highwayman in particular.
Oh, wow. Thanks for pointing those out. I liked the Crusader one quite a bit, and the two you mentioned were quite good as well. I did think a couple of them were sort of unclear, but I wish more stuff like that was in the game itself. That's some pretty cool fluff, and I think I would've played it more if there was more of that and less grinding.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Steam page for The Color of Madness:

Some hateful shard of alien origin has streaked through the night sky, crashing into the old Miller’s farm on the outskirts of the Hamlet! Those unfortunate enough to witness the Comet’s arrival have been blinded by what they can only describe as a shifting, ephemeral hue of damnably abrasive intensity. There has been no word from the farm in a fortnight, save for the unearthly groaning that echoes from the ruin of the mill…

“When men shake hands with time, time crushes them like tumblers; little pieces of glass.”
― Abu al-Ala al-Ma'arri

Features:
  • New region: The Farmstead!
  • Endless Quest: Survive as long as you can while getting lost in time and space, confronted by unending waves of enemies new and old, pushing ever closer to the crash site of the Comet.
  • Twisted new trinkets, available for purchase from the Jeweler. Put your gold away—he trades only in Comet Shards!
  • All-New Enemy Faction: The Miller and his loyal workmen have become eerie husks of their former selves.
  • 3 new bosses - The Miller, The Thing From the Stars, and the Comet itself!
  • New Curios help keep your party in fighting shape as you face the enless hordes!
  • Expand your Hamlet with 4 new District buildings and reap their benefits.
  • New Quirks, with unique and powerful effects!
  • Our biggest soundtrack addition yet from Stuart Chatwood

Reinhardt

Arcane
Den of evil and degeneracy
2gxit8m.jpg

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
The best thing about a new expansion is more lines for the narrator to speak. I love that. Still disappointed that they didn't expand his lines in the patches for the basic game.

Otherwise the game quickly became a grind. Literally. Love the art, premises and narration. Game is also quite tense and fun for awhile. Then becomes more and more about grinding on. That bloodsucker expansion didn't exactly help there. Oh well, fun while it lasted.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Game was getting review bombed by Koreans. The newly released translation seems to be a joke. Supposedly, they used a Chinese localization firm.

imweasel

quickly became a grind. [...] Then becomes more and more about grinding on.
The expansion of this grind simulator just adds more grind. I'd expect no less.
rating_sawyer.gif

Invictus

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Divinity: Original Sin 2
The best thing about a new expansion is more lines for the narrator to speak. I love that. Still disappointed that they didn't expand his lines in the patches for the basic game.

Otherwise the game quickly became a grind. Literally. Love the art, premises and narration. Game is also quite tense and fun for awhile. Then becomes more and more about grinding on. That bloodsucker expansion didn't exactly help there. Oh well, fun while it lasted.
My thoughts exactly, the first 20 hours are just fun building your party but afterwards it becomes too grindy by recycling bosses and locking out high level characters from the lower dungeons, if either of those got fixed so you got just one style of boss monster for example the Necromancer at level 5 dungeon or you could take hi level heroes wherever you wanted to wrap up dungeons and quests instead of having to build up parties from scratch it would cut on the grinding a lot and steamline the game as to make it a 10 15 hour fun experience instead of a 30 hour grind

Reinhardt

Arcane
or you could take hi level heroes wherever you wanted to wrap up dungeons and quests instead of having to build up parties from scratch it would cut on the grinding a lot and steamline the game as to make it a 10 15 hour fun experience instead of a 30 hour grind
It's one of the easiest things to fix. You can mod it yourself in like 30 sec.

Lujo

Augur
The latest patch tweaks seem to have been pretty good. Fixed a lot of my complaints, honestly. It's still a grindy hackjob with cool art and ambience, but quite a bit less retarded now. Of course I basically wrote most of the things I'm looking at in-game now as stuff I'd like to see in game god knows how long ago, and they took their sweet time fixing blatantly obvious things and implementing blatantly obvious things which should have been there all along, but hey, it's a better game than it was. For what that's worth. I might actually end up giving it a thumbs up when I finally review it.

Last edited:

Invictus

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Divinity: Original Sin 2
or you could take hi level heroes wherever you wanted to wrap up dungeons and quests instead of having to build up parties from scratch it would cut on the grinding a lot and steamline the game as to make it a 10 15 hour fun experience instead of a 30 hour grind
How would that be fixed?

Dayyālu

Arcane
How would that be fixed?

Exp gains, I presume. That's the reason why Radiant is already MASSIVELY better than baseline (if you aren't a glutton for pain), it cuts by half the grind and it has NO CHANGES in difficulty whatsoever. Honestly, I'm thinking of replaying it by boosting exp gains and gold massively, so you can build a team and avoid the grind, but enjoy the art, the visuals and the audio.

DD isn't that fun to play, honestly. It's fun to watch. I dig a lot the expansion theme.

Thats the shindoL char sprite mods right :desu:

Hey, we're all men of taste and they are legit nice. Pity for the eyes.

Bocian

Arcane
So, dropping negative reviews for an otherwise good game just because of a botched translation.
Jesus, why won't you just learn English, you gook scrubs.

Wunderbar

Arcane
New DLC is a nice addition for people who liked original game, but it brings even more grind.
Like, wtf.

First they are trying to fight grind by adding Antiquarian and Radiant mode, fixing balance, allowing to embark on the final DD missions with the same heroes more than once.
Then they are releasing this DLC, which is basically an endless mission where you grind for resources to buy expensive shit.

Sacibengala

Prophet
Wish if brazillians could react like this for bad portuguese translations. Almost all games that I played that got translated in here are really bad. Last couple of years is getting better, but far from great.

Reinhardt

Arcane
How would that be fixed?
game directory>campaign>quest
open quest.restriction and change numbers to 99. Now characters don't have restrictions for low lvl content.

Most of the game files can be edited with simple notepad.

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Wish if brazillians could react like this for bad portuguese translations. Almost all games that I played that got translated in here are really bad. Last couple of years is getting better, but far from great.
korean reaction to the translation is childish as fuck
I'd just scrap the translation after that

You would get the same reaction if some Japanese\Chinese game is badly translated. Not badly localized, but very basic google translated piece of garbage fire.

Codex Year of the Donut
korean reaction to the translation is childish as fuck
Agree. And i would have gotten away with it, too, if it weren't for you meddling koreans!
How dare they stand for their rights and rate properly game they bought!
when they bought the game there was no translation at all you dumbass
maybe they should use this as a learning experience and realize nobody wants to translate to their shit language to begin with

Keye_

Educated
New DLC is a nice addition for people who liked original game, but it brings even more grind.
Like, wtf.

First they are trying to fight grind by adding Antiquarian and Radiant mode, fixing balance, allowing to embark on the final DD missions with the same heroes more than once.
Then they are releasing this DLC, which is basically an endless mission where you grind for resources to buy expensive shit.

So the grind only got worse?
Darkest Dungeon has always appealled to me because of the artstyle and tactical gameplay, but the 'grinding' issue has kept me off from buying it. I was hoping this might be fixed with the new patch. But you would say the grind has only gotten worse?
Guess I'll just keep waiting for Iratus: Lord of the Dead then.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom