Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout 76 - online Fallout spinoff from Bethesda - now on Steam with Wastelanders NPC expansion

funkadelik

Arcane
So you challenge someone to "PVP". That's carebear as fuck.

He didn't say you challenge someone to PvP..... but that it is a challenge, which means it will take something to fight another player...... maybe you will need an item or something like in Dark Souls to perform invasions, and after the attack, the other player will have option to 'revenge' himself.
But he literally says:
It’s more like a challenge to another player.”

Cael

Arcane
So you challenge someone to "PVP". That's carebear as fuck.

The griefers will just spam challenges until someone accidentally accepts.
Worse. They will troll, flame and trashtalk you until you accept their challenge. Ever seen a bunch of kids following another around chanting insults until the target snaps and the entire pack then has the excuse to beat him up? Welcome to F76.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
And he means what I wrote... you do not challenge someone in Dark Souls, but it is a challenge to another player when you invade someone.

If you would just 'challenge' someone like you say, the revenge mechanic would make no sense, because you could just 'challenge' other player.

But if it is working like Dark Souls, where you invade someone, here in F76 you will have a chance to 'counter-invade' so to speak by the 'revenge' mechanic.

Jarmaro

Liturgist
Worse. They will troll, flame and trashtalk you until you accept their challenge. Ever seen a bunch of kids following another around chanting insults until the target snaps and the entire pack then has the excuse to beat him up? Welcome to F76.
I've already seen some girl saying she will be happy if there will be option to diasble voice-chat.
I'm fine with people shooting at me, I'll give back as good as I get.

Not a fan of the voice chat though, especially when others find out you're a female. Following you around screaming "make a sandwich/get back in the kitchen/girls can't be gamers/I'm going to come to your house and rape you" etc. If I can play this without needing voice, I'm good.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
It's interesting how everyone ignores what will be in the actual game and talk nonsense.

You do not challenge someone by issuing them an actual 'challenge' in the game, rofl.

Being a perpetual bethesda fan should be classified as mental deficiency at this point.

Besides, this sounds like an absolute turd so far. Which is even more apparent, judging by Hines interview, he has no idea what the fuck they are making over there. The fact that there's nothing on the market that can be used is comparison is a huge red flag, since Bethesda are not exactly known for pushing the envelope it will likely be a neutered and lifeless version of your usual 'survival' variety, with very sparse lore sprinkled here and there to keep the drones happy.

It would be hilarious if the "no mod support at launch" thing will backfire massively and the game will die in a couple of months due to being a shallow and buggy mess.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
he has no idea what the fuck they are making over there.
Bethesda is always vague on purpose

The fact that there's nothing on the market that can be used is comparison is a huge red flag,
Was there anything to compare Dune 2 in the 90's when they made the first RTS ever? or wolfenstein 3d or wing commander 1?

since Bethesda are not exactly known for pushing the envelope it will likely be a neutered and lifeless version of your usual 'survival' variety

I think Bethesda is actualy pushing the envelope here a little, by combining different genres.

I would go as far and say that a game like Fallout 76 was never done before.

Kyl Von Kull

The Night Tripper
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
It's interesting how everyone ignores what will be in the actual game and talk nonsense.

You do not challenge someone by issuing them an actual 'challenge' in the game, rofl.

you have no idea how this mechanic will work yet and, judging by their public comments, Bethesda hasn't really decided how they'll do it either.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard

you have no idea how this mechanic will work yet and, judging by their public comments, Bethesda hasn't really decided how they'll do it either.

But it surely won't be 'accept to PvP'.

I'll see in the beta !

Oracsbox

I've already seen some girl saying she will be happy if there will be option to diasble voice-chat.
I'm fine with people shooting at me, I'll give back as good as I get.

Not a fan of the voice chat though, especially when others find out you're a female. Following you around screaming "make a sandwich/get back in the kitchen/girls can't be gamers/I'm going to come to your house and rape you" etc. If I can play this without needing voice, I'm good.
In my experience as soon as everyone finds out someone is female they fall over themselves white knighting or proposing marriage.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
9KwG9aj.png

taxalot

I'm a spicy fellow.
Patron
Codex 2013 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
The plot twist of Vault 76 is that the Vault-tec social experiment wants to prove that if you let players try to cooperate they end up killing each other, griefing, and generally act like retards.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
All in All, it's gonna be glorious, 17 million views on trailer now........ it seems to be growing be 2 million every day

Cael

Arcane
All in All, it's gonna be glorious, 17 million views on trailer now........ it seems to be growing be 2 million every day
View != like.

Judging from the view:like ratio, F76 is doing extremely badly.

So Makabb, how did your derangement begun? Is it a mild case of post-irony, severe trauma or you are just trolling?

Besides, No man's sky trailer had a bunch of likes and views as well, go figure.

taxalot

I'm a spicy fellow.
Patron
Codex 2013 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
I really love playing Bethesda games, however retarded they are. They're like a good bottle of cherry coke at the end of a hot, dry work day.

Obsidian games, on the other hand, are like fine wine.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom