Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

GOG.com

trimethylsilyl

Educated
Anvil of Dawn
Lands of Lore 1+2
Ultima Underworld 1+2

Need a cheap game or two before I get Fallen London 2: SS Cthulhu Boogaloo. Not sure if it's worth it to cramp in more games just to get that though.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
I had will to buy more but then - there would be no games for unlocks in the next sale(s).

My haul:
Cannon Fodder 1 and 2 (played it on Amiga CD32 but couldn't do much because controler issues).
Curse of Monkey Island
WH40k Rites of War and Final Liberation
Homeworld Emergence (aka Cataclysm)

conan_edw

Arbiter
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Pathfinder: Wrath
viA4bth

viA4bth.jpg

Really disappointed with JA2, any hope it goes on sale later?

Suddenly JA2 went for $2.49 :M I don't know if it's part of the summer sales or something else

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
During the big GOG sale I only purchased two games: In The Shadows and VVVVVV (using the latter solely to reach the $20 total needed for the free games).

Everyone knows VVVVVV, but In The Shadows is a pixelated puzzle platformer that seems completely unknown but holds promise... to me, at least. I'm gonna give it a proper go soon and will post a short review.

After making that purchase, I realized I had enough GOG-bucks in that wallet they provide me with to grab the Curse of Monkey Island as well, so I nabbed that.

Now there's a Weekly Sale going on and I see a couple of titles there I want to grab: Another World 20th Anniversary Edition and Ghost Master, both for $1.50 each.

Azalin

Arcane
Patron
viA4bth

viA4bth.jpg

Really disappointed with JA2, any hope it goes on sale later?

Suddenly JA2 went for $2.49 :M I don't know if it's part of the summer sales or something else

Is that the right version to get started with? Don't you need "Gold" or something and then to apply the 1.13 patch?

JA2 Gold isn't availabe on GOG,only on Steam,GOG on the other hand sells the base game and the expansions separately.I think 1.13 can work with just the base game though.

Last edited:

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Cannon Fodder 1 and 2 (played it on Amiga CD32 but couldn't do much because controler issues).

For some reason I remember Cannon Fodder to be one of the toughest games from my Amiga days. I could never beat it. Then again maybe it's because I was just a kid back then (then again many tough games like Gods were my bitches). A fantastic game tho.

Curratum

MI4 is tank controls, no point and clicking, the locations are dull, the graphics are horrible. Spare yourself the cash.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
I fucking hated Escape, so banal shit boring. At least it was still LucasArts tho, I think I still finished it. The later Telltale games were utterly unplayable for me.

Don Peste

Arcane
Surfing trough Internets I found out that few years ago "Severance: Blade of Darkness" was available on GoG, but was later removed from shelves. Anyone knows how it happened?
Codemasters lost the rights.
No idea who have them now.
Juan Diaz-Bustamante, former boss of Rebel Act Studios (RIP) and founder of Friendware (Its publisher in Spain, also RIP) said rights for Blade (aka Severance) and its engine are owned by Rebel Act. But that statement is from ages ago. Could this mean he owns it now? I don't know if there are any other interested parties. Stephen Kick should know.

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
On one hand, it's nice that all the Monkey Island games are now available on GOG.

On the other hand, Escape From Monkey Island is terrible. Chapter 1 is alright, but the rest is abysmal. Monkey Kombat, Australians swearing, Herman Toothrot really being... well, hope you never find out.

But whatever it is, it ain't worth a tenner! Wait for the sale.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
I never finished Escape back in the day. I believe the controls drove me nuts because I hadn't given in to owning a controller yet. Now I have one though for certain genres, so I might give 'er a go again. Pretty sure the writing/music/etc. were considered as good as the rest of the series at the time.

Blackstaff

Arbiter
Last edited by a moderator:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom