Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Underrail: The Incline Awakens

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
What's really funny is that I have a corneal condition called keratoconus that causes aberration and haloing in and around sources of light, which emphatically includes bright monitor-lit text on black/dark backgrounds (or vice versa), yet I could read the old text just fine.

46f17124bc.jpg

Mine isn't anywhere NEAR this bad, especially with contacts in, but the point is that the asshats who complained about the old text either had the visual acuity of 90-year-old men or were playing on teeny-tiny monitors (or both). Actually, I could read the old text just fine even when playing Underrail on a ThinkPad with a 13-inch screen in 1080p, which pretty much leaves being a fucking blind-ass cave salamander troglodyte as the only possible reason to have complained about the text.

Latelistener

Arcane
I'd love to see that change happen but I don't have high hopes because technically "it ain't broken" and they have a lot of things on their plate.
It's not, but it has other problem as well, such as long time travel to your apartments.

Stavrophore

Most trustworthy slavic man
Patron
Vatnik
Strap Yourselves In
Core City was pain to navigate with frequent merchant-loot storaging runs. But hey,money was basically worthless if you already bought super steel plates/wires. Buying shit to house is unnecessary, maybe the workshops are worth it.

Xeon

Augur
Yeah, disliked the house because of the location, the travel time for it is ridiculous, crossing several maps to get to it.

razvedchiki

Erudite
any tips for a sniper/pistol build?
im thinking of the following

4 strength (5 with food for sniper rifle)
7 dex (for gunslinger feat)
8 agi
3 con
3 will
10 per
5 int
aimed shot,gunslinger,gun nut,snipe,sharpshooter,rapid fire,critical power maybe sprint or nimble.
i will use a 12.7 harbringer and a .44 hammerer,later i will change the harbringer for the spearhead.
for defence i will rely on dodge/evasion plus some tactical vest and a tabi.though for a sniper a stealthy leather armor would be probably better,

deleting 2 targets with snipe and aimed shot,then if someone gets too close i will use a smart rapid .44 with explosive rounds.or is a 9mm neo luger with acid rounds better?
(plz dont start with the "pistols suck use smg",i want dem pistols!).

razvedchiki

Erudite
im actually playing a pure pistol right now, i have

5 strenght
3 con
10 dex
6 agi
3 will
5 in
8 per
i took aimed shot,gunslinger,nimble,knee cap shot,steadfast aim and planning to get reckleness ,rapid fire,execute.
using a 9mm neoluger and a .44 hammerer.its quite difficult to win fights without spamming grenades,maybe when i will get the special ammo and craft some smart/rapid pistol things will get better.

im not sure the 2 points in strenght to get steadfast aim were worth it,the .44 has a paltry 18% chance to criticaly hit.even with recklessnes it will go to 25%,2 feats wasted for such a small gain.

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
You see, if you want to use sniper rifle then it worth it - otherwise not.

There are other pistols as well - energy and chemical, and these are the reason why people go pistols.
Chem gives AoE and control, energy pseudo-AoE and damage.
It's for sure more flexible and tactical rich approach.

But you can't spread out too thin into sniper rifles if you want energy and chem.

ciox

Liturgist
Firearm pistols still kinda suck, they were not buffed in any way in the recent updates, far as I know
You'll switch to an SMG at some point, at least for Tchort, because you will need to do damage fast in just a few turns to not die and pistols can only do high damage with few abilities that go on long cooldowns. (and no Snipe for you either)

Sykar

Arcane
You see, if you want to use sniper rifle then it worth it - otherwise not.

There are other pistols as well - energy and chemical, and these are the reason why people go pistols.
Chem gives AoE and control, energy pseudo-AoE and damage.
It's for sure more flexible and tactical rich approach.

But you can't spread out too thin into sniper rifles if you want energy and chem.

Imho he should go either Chem/Energy or Sniper as supplement. Not both at once.

Tygrende

Arbiter
any tips for a sniper/pistol build?
That's my favourite build.

4 strength (5 with food for sniper rifle)
7 dex (for gunslinger feat)
8 agi
3 con
3 will
10 per
5 int
Are you seriously going to munch on rathound barbecue 24/7? Sounds tedious. If you ever run out or if the effect ends during combat you will suffer around 10-15% hit chance penalty.

Other than that the stats are ok for a dodge/evasion build. Personally I usually go for 5/7/6/5/3/9/5 with no dodge/evasion. I try to reload as rarely as possible so I don't like dumping CON.

aimed shot,gunslinger,gun nut,snipe,sharpshooter,rapid fire,critical power maybe sprint or nimble.
You can't take Gun Nut with 5 INT, it requires 7. It's a pretty underwhelming feat anyways, almost useless for sniper rifles.

Aimed Shot, Sharpshooter and Critical Power are no-brainer for snipers. The main advantage (and argueably the only one) pistols have over other weapons is +7 initiative bonus from Gunslinger, I always take Paranoia for another 5. With 7 DEX and 8 AGI that's 32 initiative, enough to reliably act before almost all enemies in the game in case the stealth approach failed or when it's not an option, like in the Arena. To me Kneecap Shot is a must have for pistols as well, Rapid Fire and Point Shot is very nice too. I usually can't afford to pick Opportunist and Execute on sniper builds. Now that infused siphoner tabis don't give immunity to immbilization, I tend to pick Escape Artist. Recklessness and Ambush are very good picks for snipers too, anything that gives crit chance without major sacrifices is. I take Sprint on all my builds, Nimble is nice if you can afford it and argueably a must have for dodge/evasion builds.

i will use a 12.7 harbringer and a .44 hammerer,later i will change the harbringer for the spearhead.
Sniper rifles have a pretty linear progression, to me it's usually:

Whatever junk I can find/craft as soon as possible -> 7.62 corsair (standard scope/no bipod) or 8.6 harbinger (standard scope/bipod) -> 8.6 reaper (A-A scope, bipod) -> spearhead (RR, A-A scope, smart module)

You can shoot twice with 7.62 corsair if you use adrenaline/Blitz. I dislike 12.7 because it's too heavy, too expensive, nothing sucks more than being unable to fire because you got Tackled and 8.6 does enough damage already.

if someone gets too close i will use a smart rapid .44 with explosive rounds.or is a 9mm neo luger with acid rounds better?
I don't like using hammerers as a sidearm on sniper builds. The damage is as inconsistent as it gets and I don't want an emergency weapon to be inconsistent. Hammerers are crit weapons, you won't be able to utilize them to their full potential because you will want to use Aimed Shots with the rifle. Neo Lugers on the other hand have very tight damage range, are not crit weapons and get a nice 5% precision bonus. Add a laser sight and the pistol will be a great weapon for dealing with high evasion enemies that would be hard to hit with the rifle, also less chance your Kneecap Shot will miss when you need it the most.

As for ammo, both guns are better with AP/HP depending on the situation. Now that we can craft AP ammo, there's very little reason to use special ammo, maybe except 8.6 incendiary and 7.62 shrapnel.

razvedchiki

Erudite
at first i didnt like the idea of eating foods myself but then they last 20 mins, are cheap and you win 1 stat point in the never ending min max fight.

considering feats,i use dodge/evasion instead of sprint for defence.i almost took kneecap shot when i was lvl 4 but instead took interlooper,for that quality of life improvement.my logic is since i wont have sprint i wont run away so better to use rapid fire for that pesky melee dude.
i prefer 12.7 because 9/10 one shots with aimed shot.
i agree for neo luger,though im not sure if it will one shot mid-late game mobs with rapid fire.

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
I think it's not about damage, but reliable debuffs like Kneecap Shot and to finish off wounded enemies.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom