Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

VtMB is so wonky

Wesp5

Arcane
What is the point in having a boss where you just unload hundreds (thousands?) of rounds into them in a box room and trying to run away long enough to allow your health to regenerate?

Compared to what I have seen from Vampyr, the Bloodlines boss fights are varied and not that hard if you have a good build with usefull fighting stats.

I think VTMB should just have cut everything after you go on a rescue mission and just had one good final boss fight.

That wouldn't really have fitted the overall story which is that Jack and the Cabbie use the sarcophagus to kill all the main factions besides the Anrachs off. But I found the slog before the boss fights the real problem, especially as you wrote, in the Hallowbrook Hotel which is a really boring map compared to Ming's Temple or the Venture Tower which are at least nicely done. Therefore I added shortcuts for all three of these endgame fights in the plus version of the Unofficial Patch, you can skip them except for the boss fights themselves :)!

SymbolicFrank

Magister
Therefore I added shortcuts for all three of these endgame fights in the plus version of the Unofficial Patch, you can skip them except for the boss fights themselves :)!

Ah, yes, I remember that I searched for the one in the sewer and that I couldn't find it. I even posted that in the previous thread.

FreshCorpse

Arbiter
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming!
Therefore I added shortcuts for all three of these endgame fights in the plus version of the Unofficial Patch, you can skip them except for the boss fights themselves :)!

That's a cool idea. I'm not sure if I made the right choice in deciding to play the plain version of the unofficial patch. Probably not.

Beastro

Arcane
WTF does every VtMB thread always have to devolve into spats with Wesp?

People go after the guy for fucking with a game for over ten years, yet they're always itching to run around the same old circles squabbling over it with him.

Cael

Arcane

People go after the guy for fucking with a game for over ten years, yet they're always itching to run around the same old circles squabbling over it with him.
It may not be wesp that is the problem, but his legion of fanbois going crazy at the drop of a hat. Think about it: Do the majority of people really like Trump, or is it because they can't fucking stand Clinton's supporters preaching at them?

Diggfinger

Arcane
The very notion that you're a bigger prima donna than Tessera is preposterous enough by itself.

Indeed, but I admit that I'm a stupid perfectionist regarding Bloodlines :)!

How many (million?) times have you played Bloodlines? Do you ever get sick of it?
Btw. did you see Leonard's Matt Chat episode talking about his (horrible) memories of making the game (see my sig).

Regards,
Digg

Sykar

Arcane

It may not be wesp that is the problem, but his legion of fanbois going crazy at the drop of a hat. Think about it: Do the majority of people really like Trump, or is it because they can't fucking stand Clinton's supporters preaching at them?

I really don't care one way or the other. Both patches work just fine so you cannot go wrong with either. The main advantage of the True patch is that it is finished for a long time and I never noticed anything out of the ordinary in there. I neither like Tessera nor Werner so I really have no real bias there. My favorite mod is the Camarilla Edition mod mostly due to the changes made to basic gameplay like continuous blood loss, Blood Buff being its own discipline, some changes to powers, and so on. The added stuff I saw like the dog behind the beach house are quite mediocre to bad though. Same goes for the Aasamite and his quests.

Egosphere

Arcane
I had only 1 game breaking bug during my playthrough a few years ago. It was the quest for the snuff film tape, when you go to meet the courier in the alley who doesn't have it. The cutscene of him running around the corner would never stop playing, so I'd get stuck in the cutscene camera view with no control over the character. You have a 5 second gap before it plays though, so you can bypass it if you switch on noclip and jump into the nearest taxi before it plays.

Wesp5

Arcane
Wesp is everywhere.

LOL! In fact I just monitor several Bloodlines boards or threads to catch bug reports. Because to answer Diggfingers question, I only played Bloodlines completely through once, after that it's only ever bit by bit for the patch. All the things that I fix are reported by players, I never play the game to find ssues on my own. Which also explains why the TP is "finished" and why I'm on this for years: no bug reports means no more patch versions ;). And yes, I've seen Leonard's interview and I couldn't help to smile when he said that our endless support kind of made their horror during the last days of Bloodlines worthwhile :)!

Last edited:
I must've missed them on my last playthrough. Or were they added recently?

Covenant

Savant
I've played a bunch of fan-made mods, games, patches, etc, over the years, and never made any effort to thank or offer compensation to any of the creators. So while you're here Wesp, I just want to say 'thanks'. I played VtM:B for the first time a couple of years ago, with your patch. I can't compare what it fixed or improved versus what it didn't, but I enjoyed the experience and I appreciate you putting it out there for people like me to play without asking anything in return.

And thanks to all the rest of the people who made free shit that I've enjoyed. I'll probably never have an opportunity (well, more honestly, will be too lazy) to thank anyone else, but still. I hope things went well for them.

Wesp5

Arcane
I must've missed them on my last playthrough. Or were they added recently?

They were added rather recently in the UP 9.9 plus version. Only the sewers shortcut is older...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom