Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Path of Exile is a MAJESTIC incline

Radech

Augur
How the fuck do I get more single target damage with Arc totems, I can't do shit in T10 incursions because totems don't add time when hitting the architects. :negative:

https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Lightning_Spire_Trap should be able to fix it if you can spare a 4-link, should scale on spell/lightning damage so it should be able to melt bosses on any arc build.

ArchAngel

Arcane
How the fuck do I get more single target damage with Arc totems, I can't do shit in T10 incursions because totems don't add time when hitting the architects. :negative:
Get a corrupted tabula that will raise your Arc levels. Use Vaal Arc vs architect, also use Vaal RF to get a 39% more damage boost for 5+ seconds.

If you are ssf ignore the corrupted advice :D
Then just farm one tabula if you are not using a 6L body armor.

Also I hope you are doing crit arc totems, with hitting spells you either go crit or do pathetic damage. Only something like Blade Vortex can go non crit if you are doing specific builds that don't need it and (ab)use shaped sticks.

T. Reich

Arcane
Don't need bear trap - might as well get away with decoy totem.
bear trap adds debuff that increases trap dmg taken

btw, does occultist spell dmg increase per power charge is a multiplier?

Decoy totem applies taunt that reduces the damage taken by you. Plus, it actively distracts not one enemy, but every mob in radius.

Traps deal a metric shitton of damage already, they don't need more damage. Extra survivability is always nice, though.

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
How good is this? Im downloading to check it out.
It's really quite fun.
If you are like me, you'll get somewhat bored by the time you run around in the jungle chapter - as not much is happening at that point, character build-wise.
But stick to it and things really open up more as you progress and get gear with more slots, etc.

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Aaand I'm bored :negative: Tried some chieftein builds but got bored quickly, tried zombie+srs necro and bored at mapping, even tried ed+contagion but still no cigar :(

Really nice ride all along, got fun for 700+ hours so I cannot complain.

WTF I'm going to play now ...

I'm in the same boat, finally beat them late-game bosses (uber variations included) and it's just kind of meh now. No real point to it, probably going to wait for new Grim Dawn expansion.

ArchAngel

Arcane
im thinking about doing RF life trickster with apep slumber. Sadly not ssf as golden rule jewel is holding me back.
Any idea what is my best bet on applying a large number of weak poisons on enemies? Preferably on cwdt but self cast would do.
Blade Vortex if you cannot use a bow (quill rain otherwise).

ArchAngel

Arcane
Ok, I have finally fully switched to Blade Vortex Indigon Trickster, my end game plan from the start of the league. Only thing missing is a 6L Cloak of Defiance (got 5l now) but with Ex value being crazy right now I am not happy to pay 5ex for one and I have already put 600+ fusings into trying to 6l the one I am currently using. 6L is not even needed for dps (I can get close to 1 mil dps in boss fights now) but more because of quality of life. With 6L I can spend mana faster with less casts of Blade Vortex so to buff my damage from Indigon abilities.

With 5400 life and 5500 mana I got over 9000 ehp and between regen and leech I recover 2/3 of my max life and mana per second. In addition I got Acrobatics and Phase Acrobatics and don't even get hit often.

T. Reich

Arcane
1) Lvl1 cwdt -> 4L with 3x low-T (lvl5) curses -> get hit.
2) Current arc has some bitchin' "aoe" in terms of # of targets hit per cast. Or go old-school with ball lightning.
3) Normally, a typical 3-curse occultist runs TC+enfeeble on blasphemy for powerful always-on defense, while having a 3rd (offensive/utility) curse on a compact coh/cwdt set-up (orb of storms or heralds are popular), or via other means, like the Witchfire Brew flask for despair, or an elder ring for warlord's mark, or even self-cast curse linked with arcane surge for extra utility (high mana cost of curses makes them good for higher level arcane surge, plus both synergise with increased duration support).

Last edited:

T. Reich

Arcane
Quiver hierarchy:
1) Doing an "arrow shoots straight" build that has pierce? DRILLNECK. The vast majority of quivers still don't come close, even after nerf.
2) Doing a non-pierce shooty build? Surely, you play crit! Life + crit + crit multi + attack speed. Endgame variant - same quiver, but it's shaped base (ilvl75+), and you alt-roll a +1 arrow prefix on it as well (yes, in SSF, too).
3) If you're crazy rich, you probably use 10ex++ RIGWALD'S QUILLS. If you're even crazier than that, you have it corrupted for +1 arrow implicit.
4) Are you some kind of weirdo and play a dumpster-tier non-crit non-pierce bow build? Wow, it must suck! ...Oh, right, you play EXPLOSIVE ARROW elementalist! Then REARGUARD or HYRRI'S BITE are your best choices.
5) CI arrow freak? SOUL STRIKE. Poison bow creep? MALONEY'S NIGHT FALL. Bow totem misfit? SKIRMISH. Phys to fire convesrion weirdo? THE SIGNAL FIRE. Doing some stat-stacking HYRRI'S DEMISE build? Well, you know your quiver, then.
That's it. Anything not on this list is dumpster tier.

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
deterministic system > RNG

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom