Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Games codex hates but you like and vice versa.

SkiNNyBane

Liturgist
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
Then go post on IGN boards, where everything is RPG.

Oh god as always autists lack self awareness. You do realize even on this forum there are like grand total of 10 people that have your definition of rpg.

Most people happily call dark sous, diablo, world of warcraft, deus ex, rpgs and move happily through their lives without having a stroke whenever some new game comes out and they have to label it some Illuminati shit.

Ocelot

Learned
No DS only has damage modifiers, something a lot of genres of games have and that doesn't make them RPGs.

Wait a second. In DS, you can choose the sex of your character, their class/proficiency, their abilities, their starting equipment, their age and their appearance. In other words, you design and role play as a unique character you've made. How is this NOT an RPG?

Swampy_Merkin

Learned
Possibly Retarded
Barbie Horse Adventure: Wild Horse Rescue is a utterly fantastic romp that I guarantee you most of the Codex has not played.

Those people are retarded.

I refuse to play any game that requires the hero to ride a horse, or other retarded kind of mount.

The best players of any kind in the world play Mount & Blade: Warband.

But, recently --- within the past 8 years, more and more Barbie Horse Adventure: Wlild HOrse Ruscue players have been appearing on this Codex.

Those *players* do not unerstand the true nature of a Wild HOrse Ride.

THEY ARE FAKE BARBIES.

i forgot to mention THAT Many barbie players do play
MOUNT AND BLADE...BUT THEY ARE BAD PLAYERS.

tHAT wuxz implied.

Swampy_Merkin

Learned
Possibly Retarded
Grimoire: wings of the last ex-principal is like just the best kind of so-shit/it's awesome/folk art. The artwork has just a ton of heart.....the deep heavy heart of a lonely man that gets validation from just the worst parts of the internet that has, and always will be, so utterly eager to suck...that....cellar rat of a dick.

That's what it looks like to someone who's actually lived a life outside of 80s/90s cRPGS duuurrrrrr.

It's literally laughable *outsider-art* made by and for the most childish brands of self-boob-suckling dumbasses.

Please..please....step into the new century.

I promise...it isn't any where close to being as scary as your youtube feed makes it seem.

We're almost entirely good people out here.

And we're worried about you....

Generic-Giant-Spider

Path of Exile is a shitty ARPG and anyone that calls it a worthy successor to Diablo 1/2 should be forced to endure the Judas cradle.

BlackAdderBG

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker
No DS only has damage modifiers, something a lot of genres of games have and that doesn't make them RPGs.

Wait a second. In DS, you can choose the sex of your character, their class/proficiency, their abilities, their starting equipment, their age and their appearance. In other words, you design and role play as a unique character you've made. How is this NOT an RPG?

You can do all that in Call of Duty. How can't you grasp that simple idea that all this shit doesn't differentiates genres, game mechanics does. If your prime game mechanic is combat, then combat resolution MUST be determined by the stats of your character, not by the player skill. Now for a game to be RPG there are more factors, but they are secondary to that.

Last edited:

SkiNNyBane

Liturgist
Patron

You can do all that in Call of Duty. How can't you grasp that simple idea that all this shit doesn't differentiate genres, game mechanics does. If your prime game mechanic is combat, then combat resolution MUST be determent by the stats of your character, not by the player skill. Now for a game to be RPG there are more factors, but they are secondary to that.

The thing is tho the roleplay aspect of COD ends at character creation, after which its pop heads and talk shit on mic. On the other hand, DS roleplay aspects persist through entire game.

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
For an example of a game that I like but the Codex hates, see my avatar.

<----

For an example of a game that I hate but the Codex likes, see anything made by Bioware after BG2, and anything made by Bethesda... ever.

SkiNNyBane

Liturgist
Patron
For an example of a game that I like but the Codex hates, see my avatar.

<----

For an example of a game that I hate but the Codex likes, see anything made by Bioware after BG2, and anything made by Bethesda... ever.

I have no idea what your avatar is in reference to tbh.

SkiNNyBane

Liturgist
Patron
I like DS gamers, their posts always give me a big ol' smile.

Whys that? lol
'Cause they're so passionate and persuasive about their beloved hand-held console. Nintendo fans really are the best.

But I don't have a console otherwise I'd be praising bloodborne :(

Wait I just realized.. are you making a joke about ds being nintendo ds and not dark souls?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom