Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Cyberpunk 2077 Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Goral

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
moon knight
Don't spread this cancer and don't post links to this retarded site please. On reddit it's the same, practically only RPG Codex allows for honest opinions.

moon knight

Matt7895's alt
moon knight
Don't spread this cancer and don't post links to this retarded site please. On reddit it's the same, practically only RPG Codex allows for honest opinions.

Spreading it and make fun of it is the only way to fight thìs murican madness, which is dangerously spreading to europa.

Venser

Erudite

lol
KQwE4jy.png

Goral

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
Spreading it and make fun of it is the only way to fight thìs murican madness, which is dangerously spreading to europa.
If you really want to do it then post screenshots (Shift+F2 -> screenshot in Firefox plus there are tons of addons that do the same, you can also do this by clicking dots next to address bar) or archived/cached sites. Don't post links and improve their positioning.

vonAchdorf

Arcane
Dunno about resolution, but it's an E3 build so there's no intense optimization pass. Game will also be downgraded come release so there's no worries really.

If it's released this console cycle, there will be a re-release for the next gen - like with GTA5. Where the PC version will fit into the scheme of things, has yet to be seen.

gruntar

Augur
From some guy on reddit that saw demo:

Edit: Some stuff I don’t really see mentioned by journalists:

-Trash and debris interact with wind. The trauma team hovercraft kicked up cans and bags as it landed. -Destructible environments on the road, you can knock over trash cans and bags and they’ll spill trash onto the street. -tons of dynamic ai in the streets. This includes homeless asking for money, cops investigating crime scenes, and murder/crime in the alleys. -fat people on rascals can show up as enemies. I’m not even joking, during the beginning house raid v shoots one in his chair causing it to spark and spin out. -Dynamic weather, rain, storms, even acid rain. -melee build is completely feasible. There is parrying mechanics for swords, and there are katanas. -you can ricochet bullets off walls to get headshots. Didn’t see the player twist his hand to absorb the recoil, but that more of a revolver technique.

This is going to be Game of Forever.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
From some guy on reddit that saw demo:

Edit: Some stuff I don’t really see mentioned by journalists:

-Trash and debris interact with wind. The trauma team hovercraft kicked up cans and bags as it landed. -Destructible environments on the road, you can knock over trash cans and bags and they’ll spill trash onto the street. -tons of dynamic ai in the streets. This includes homeless asking for money, cops investigating crime scenes, and murder/crime in the alleys. -fat people on rascals can show up as enemies. I’m not even joking, during the beginning house raid v shoots one in his chair causing it to spark and spin out. -Dynamic weather, rain, storms, even acid rain. -melee build is completely feasible. There is parrying mechanics for swords, and there are katanas. -you can ricochet bullets off walls to get headshots. Didn’t see the player twist his hand to absorb the recoil, but that more of a revolver technique.

This is going to be Game of Forever.

Told you it was like Mega-City One: http://judgedredd.wikia.com/wiki/Fattie

Zer0wing

Cipher
I'll take all my claims back, this some fine GoaT(Greatest of all Time) material right here. :salute:

Also 4chan fakes just asking to laugh at.
QLt7R4yoVkZnQojHRUj6IO_s3keLZB_H6iDQnaOPG1I.jpg

An entire AI dedicated for riot with police and generate some noise in TV broadcasts, yeah right. And what, CDPR remember newspapers from Arcanum too?

Last edited:

gruntar

Augur
There is a lot of interesting info in that AMA on reddit, so here's a link:

https://www.reddit.com/r/cyberpunkg..._guys_i_saw_the_cyberpunk_2077_gameplay_demo/

Q:How's the soundtrack ?
A:It’s very nice. Synth heavy as usually. There also appears to be radio stations that broadcast a seemingly diverse amount of music. I heard heavy metal, punk, and maybe some sort of foreign traditional music? There also appears to be radio hosts and ads as well.

Q:What was the craziest thing you saw gameplay wise?
A:V’s hands unhinged and blades popped out just like in the original teaser. She spots two guards and leaps on to the wall and wall runs before slamming her blade into the wall to look at the guards. Shes right above them. She then hacks one of the guards guns and jams it. She leaps on to the first guard, stabbing him in the neck before training her eyes on the next guard. His gun jams and V takes him out. The announcer said “we encourage many different play-styles. You can be a pacifist, or cyberninja.” The near mention of cyberninja just made my day.

Q:What about tech?
Hair simulation - Hairworks - was it any better than TW3? Cloth,? Other types of materials? Deformation? Destruction? Etc. Other tech aspects worth mentioning?
A:So there was tons of destruction. Walls got torn up, cover chipped away. Pillars crumbled after immense fire. There wasn’t any cloth discus but the detail in the world was great. Very lovely sub surface scattering effects, tons on population density (almost hitman levels). Didn’t really see too much tech on hair and I have a sneaking suspicion it’s because it’s not optimized yet. I’m just amazed at no load times and the view distance. It’s insane, no wonder they wanted to show this game off during the day.

Q:Could you compare the combat to another game? And if so, what game has combat most similiar to the shooting in cyberpunk
A:The combat feels almost like dishonored with some very, very light titanfall mechanics. The dev is constantly sliding around into cover and running on walls. The gunplay feels like a mixture of games, and I really like that. The main pistol almost feels like some borderlands gun (or maybe just because I saw all the numbers pouring out when he used it) but there were a variety of weapon like the tech modified double barrel shotgun that packed such a huge punch it gave me doom vibes. I would say the gunplay is very smooth and satisfying. I’ve always been scared the game might play like Deus Ex, kinda janky and emphasis towards stealth. But this games seemed very fast paced. ALSO! You can shoot through walls and one guy on the other side of the wall had this massive machine gun and started firing through the wall at you. Pieces of debris where flying, and then v jumps out the window to flank him, only for your partner Jackie (big guy with man-bun in the trailers) to straight up run through the wall and tackles the dude!

Keppo

Arbiter
Dunno about resolution, but it's an E3 build so there's no intense optimization pass. Game will also be downgraded come release so there's no worries really.

I hope that they will downgrade graphic, not other elements described in the demo which sounds really cool, but im still skeptical because its pre-alpha, im not sure if they can pull everything they want to be honest. At least the core game is working, same with engine so we'll see... This generation of consoles will have probably negative impact on the final product and im affraid that not only on graphics but also AI downgrades, destructible environment etc..

Quillon

Arcane
I'll take all my claims back, this some fine GoaT(Greatest of all Time) material right here. :salute:

Also 4chan fakes just asking to laugh at.
QLt7R4yoVkZnQojHRUj6IO_s3keLZB_H6iDQnaOPG1I.jpg

An entire AI dedicated for riot with police and generate some noise in TV broadcasts, yeah right. And what, CDPR remember newspapers from Arcanum too?

Coulda been somewhat believable if he didn't add that 5 km :P

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Lol as lomg as this release on current gen console, the physics effect , clutter and particle interaction will be severely downgraded. Good luck simulating persistent clutters interacting with constant physics with current hardware. Its gonna be hard on current commercial high end pc let alone console.

Dexter

Arcane
Another argument for the June 2019 date.
Got a hunch it's going to be real early in 2020 - the "when it's ready" tagline is still being pushed. Would also be fitting to commemorate the tabletop with a release in that year.
Early-Mid 2020 at the earliest, likely with a port announced at E3 2020 for "Next-Gen" consoles that winter after people bought it for Current Gen.

I hope it doesn't clash with BGE2.
That's like saying you hope Red Dead Redemption 2 doesn't clash with The Banner Saga 3.

Buy a Rift, drink a few beers and play a fast vr racing game while standing. Now you know motion sickness.
I didn't really experience any motion sickness with the Rift, people who could play fast games like Tribes, Quake, Jedi Knight etc. without a problem tend to also be immune to it in my experience.

norolim

Arcane
Tesla cars won't even have a driving wheel installed
this would actually suck quite a bit if you ever wanted to go even a little off road.
You are not supposed to go off road. Your role is to go to work to produce, then go to the mall to buy and finally go home to consume. Autonomous cars will make sure that is the case.

Oracsbox

Not an easy video to watch,that women's voice drove me nuts,what an annoying bunch of peasants.

I'm looking forward to the game but what is it with this romance bullshit so many people are interested in.
In my years of playing games not once has my first thought been who can I fuck,never.
Also what's this new fad of wanting to fuck anything and everything these people disgust me.
My inner Crusader needs release can anyone suggest a game that's entirely centred on killing deviants and the unclean ?.

a cut of domestic sheep prime

btw, lol at them saying it will run on current gen and yet needing that beast to run the demo

good luck with 4k on the xbox toaster etc

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom