Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Elder Scrolls The Elder Scrolls VI - officially announced but you'll have to wait

Guess the Province/Location

• Hammerfell

• High Rock

• Valenwood

• Elsweyr

• Black Marsh

• Summerset Isle

• Daggerfall

• Akavir (kingcomrade)

Results are only viewable after voting.

vonAchdorf

Arcane
They did announce it (and starfield) as single player though.

the_1990

Educated
I don't imagine a very positive reaction if Bethesda offers anything less than full mod support, especially with all the paranoia that the Creation Club would mean the "death of modding".

Self-Ejected

theSavant

Self-Ejected
Someone did a good analysis of the trailer.

They concluded that the screenshot was near the border of Hammerfell and High Rock.

So two provinces in one game maybe?

Can you link that analysis? I have also thought about it and found the 3 tounges of land in the trailer interesting:

unbenannt.jpg

Maybe it is indeed Hammerfell? That said - I'd be fine with Hammerfell as well.

Okagron

Prophet
Morrowind is arguably the worst TES game and Oblivion is arguably the best. Im getting so sick of these fangays I think I'm going to make a long ass shit post to settle this once and for all.
Just so everybody knows, this idiot claims he played Morrowind for like 10 hours (and that is if even played it in the first place) and says the whole game is shit because a NPC told him that he needs to defend himself if he wants to survive in the wilderness. And also says the combat is shit and all quests are nothing but fetch quests.

So, pretty much ignore everything he says because he clearly doesn't know what he's talking about.

Agame

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here
My guess is it's gonna be the whole of Tamriel AND/OR online multiplayer.
Like Ultima Online kind of sandbox.

(remember, they talked about technology having to catch up to their ideas. I first thought VR, but that doesn't seem as likely.)

Never gonna happen, first they already have ESO so what is the point? Second they can keep cranking out each province of Tamriel as a game over the next 20 years in this fashion and keep the gravy train going. Though Bethesda seems terrified of doing anything other than super generic western medieval fantasy land, so who knows if we will ever see interesting worldbuilding like Elswyr/Black Marsh. (But considering the imperial province was actually supposed to be jungle they could just fuck up those places to...)

Oracsbox

I posted this in the Starfield thread but it occurs to me everything applies here

Why is anyone looking forward to this ? It's a bethesda game and by definition shit.

It will be badly written,badly optimised, full of bugs and if fallout 76 is anything to go by will probably include a shitty multiplayer.
Creation club will be integral Todd wants to do away with mods that much was clear with 76 and let's be honest do mods really save any bethesda game anyway ?

How many of us have spent hours downloading the finest boob physic,armor,weapon,texture,quest and game overhaul mods made them all work together nicely and then start the game and go this is still shit ?
Not only that start all over again and again and again with different mods hoping this time it will be better ? Isn't this a definition of insanity.

It's pointless, no more will I play this barren fucktard shit.

Wunderbar

Arcane
I don't think it was Todd's decision about multiplayer (or paid mods). He's just making singleplayer popamole games with arguably good open-world exploration and dumbed down rpg-mechanics.

Higher-up at Zenimax: - hey Todd, multiplayer survival games are hot right now, and fallout 4 sold gangbusters, let's make online fallout
Todd: - but i'm making starfield, and it is impossible to do multiplayer in our old janky engine
Higher-up at Zenimax: - we have some people in failed battlecry studios, let them do it. All you have to do is to say sweet little lies on E3, i'll mark the location on your map
Todd: - yes / yes / sarcastic yes / maybe later

Oracsbox

When fallout 76 makes big money from micro transactions and it will does anyone really think it won't be in every game from now on.Wouldn't moving to a new game engine also help cement that,the only mods allowed would be Bethesda's.

Last edited by a moderator:
Self-Ejected

theSavant

Self-Ejected
I can already imagine the plot:

Thousands of wild and beastly Rapefugees Redguards invade the northern part of the country.
You can choose to either support the invaders or take the last stand in the cities surrounded by rapefugees.

Damn... this could be a really interesting one...

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
Not only do I think Hammerfell (or maybe Hammerfell AND High Rock) lines up with the teaser visually, I also think Bethesda tends to tease their next game in the previous one and Hammerfell was teased with them being the last holdouts against the Thalmor.

Oracsbox

It's bound to be Hammerfell,muh diversity,wakanda,we wuz wizards n shiet,discover how the dwemer and elves stole all their magic and inventions from the redguard.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom