Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

DOOM Eternal - the sequel to the 2016 reboot - now with The Ancient Gods DLC

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
https://bethesda.net/en/game/doom

Just a shot teaser at Beth E3 conference. Proper announcement will be at QuakeCon.

Announcing DOOM Eternal, the direct sequel to the award-winning and best-selling DOOM (2016). Developed by id Software, DOOM Eternal brings the ultimate combination of speed and power with the next leap in push-forward, first-person combat.

As the DOOM Slayer, return to take your vengeance against the forces of Hell. Set to an all-new pulse pounding soundtrack composed by Mick Gordon, fight across dimensions as you slay new and classic demons with powerful new weapons and abilities.
Witness the worldwide unveiling of DOOM Eternal gameplay at QuakeCon 2018 in Dallas, Texas on August 10th! The reveal will be live for attendees and livestreamed for everyone.

Last edited by a moderator:

Big Wrangle

The classic armor is back, twice the demons, possible implication of larger levels. Let's see where it goes, the ball is in your court id.

Jezal_k23

Arachnotron - check
Pain elemental - check
Archvile - check

VERY GOOD.

Also new enemies, weird worms.

I approve!

But I think they should've called this DOOM II: Hell on Earth, sounds way more badass! Eternal sounds kinda lame.

And I hope they keep up with Doom 2 tradition and make cyberdemons/spider masterminds into a semi regular enemy instead of a SUPER SPECHUL BOSS FIGHT!

skacky

3D Realms
Developer
I really hope they ditch, or at least severly tone down the arena progression. That got old really fast in Doom 4 and it was pretty jarring with the otherwise incredible open level design.

sexbad?

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
It's good to see the real Arch-Vile. The one in D44M sucked ass and basically spawned enemies in the same way that the game was doing it already.
I'm sure happy to see twice the monsters--twelve maximum at a time instead of six lol

funkadelik

Arcane
I couldn't handle all the arena fights, it was just too obnoxious. The levels weren't anything spectacular. Is it too much to ask for more open level design and small puzzles/finding keycards?

Arthandas

Liturgist
I liked the first Doom (2016) so much that I would be happy even if they just make more of the same. The only thing I want is mode interactive environment like breakable debris, glass etc, the first game felt very static in this regard.

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I liked the first Doom (2016) so much that I would be happy even if they just make more of the same. The only thing I want is mode interactive environment like breakable debris, glass etc, the first game felt very static in this regard.
>>First Doom
>>2016

Millennial detected.

Durandal

Arcane
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
These "Eternal/Ultimate/Infinite/Infinity" subtitles should be reserved for the absolute final games in a series. I mean, where do you go after Infinity?

Self-Ejected

theSavant

Self-Ejected
These "Eternal/Ultimate/Infinite/Infinity" subtitles should be reserved for the absolute final games in a series. I mean, where do you go after Infinity?

Yeah, exactly. Calling it "Eternal" sounds like it will be the last Doom-Game ever. I mean... it possibly is... who knows? But if not - it's badly chosen.

funkadelik

Arcane
The subtitles are as ridiculous as the Super Saiyan levels: Super Saiyan 1, Super Saiyan 2, Super Saiyan 3, Super Saiyan 4, Super Saiyan GOD

Durandal

Arcane
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
The archvile is the single worse enemy in video game history. Fuck you.
1493532434702.png

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom