Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Books You'd Love To See Adapted Into CRPG's

Monolith

Prophet
Only known to true slavs from Czech Rep. or Poland, the Koniáš series by Miroslav Zamboch would be a perfect setting for an RPG. Low on magic, high on intrigue, backstabbing and proper swordmanship. It would be difficult to match the witty writing but I'd love to play an RPG in that world.

vota DC

Augur
Terra! is about Europe+China VS Arabs+USA+Russia VS Japan, they all used different technologies for example the japanese used superintelligent mice. They fight even the crocodile of Elton John in the first part of the book.

Orlando Furioso cRPG would be cute too.

Pinocchio cRPG maybe?

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Bubbles In Memoria

Kyl Von Kull

The Night Tripper
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Chronicles of the Black Company by Glen Cook
Why people keep saying this?
Garret P.I is where real weirdness and possibilities are in Glen Cook's novels.

Especially since so many people here are such huge supporters of TunFaire’s human rights movement.

I’d gladly pay fifty bucks for the chance to sneak past the thunder lizards into Chodo’s mansion with Morley Dotes, Playmate, Saucerhead, Winger and a suitable red headed bimbo

It wouldn’t even have to be a noir style game, although playing as Garrett P.I. would be a lot of fun, or even better you play as the Dead Man mind controlling various individuals of lesser intelligence. It would let you build in a lot of standard RPG mechanics as appropriate to the setting, like leveling your minions is just the Dead Man using his psychic powers to improve improve them.

But you could set the whole thing in the Cantard, maybe riding around with Glory Mooncalled and his centaur army—really anywhere in the war.

Falksi

Arcane
17209.jpg

Ovg

Cipher
The Road by McCarthy, Heart of Darkness by Joseph Conrad and Trainspotting by Welsh. I want some sad rpgs.

Talby

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
61OGkCBCg3L._SX324_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Inverted World, a story about a giant city on tracks that travels across a strange planet, shadowed by madmen who live in the wilds.

undecaf

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
King's Under the Dome could provide a rather interesting setup for a loosely adapted RPG.

Egosphere

Arcane
Of what we cannot play, we must pass over in silence

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom