Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Against the Chris Avellone personality cult

Wayward Son

Fails to keep valuable team members alive
For you Chris...

giphy.gif

From my deepest heart.
Whatcha got against MCA?

jaydee2k

Savant
He's wasting his fucking talent with his shower avoiding freelancing life. "Mimimi I don't wanna be a lead writer at Obsidian"
He lost it after Kotor 2. His 2 POE companions felt so off in this game it was not even funny anymore. It's over.
I'm not sure what we can expect from him at this point but surely not PST level of writing in any of his future "projects"
like all his cocksucking fanboys here want to believe. He's to busy with sucking Todds. Deal with it.
:dealwithit:

Zakhad

Savant
I believe Kant died a virgin too.

Nah, he probably didn't. Had an affair. there's a bunch of literary allusions to it in his letters, from memory. The myth about doing the same thing each day is also an exaggeration that somehow found it's way into a bunch of apparently respectable books.

Kruno

Arcane
Patron
Village Idiot Zionist Agent Shitposter
MCA is a pretty phenomenal designer, in everything but game mechanics, but the Codex worships him like a religious symbol. Instead we should worship Sawyer! Sawyer is the literal GOD. IWD3 please!

Quillon

Arcane
A fault of personality I noticed in the recent shitstorm that MCA's disclosing things about his former colleagues & maybe friends that they entrusted him to be part of, to further his own end, unregarding any potential repercussions for them.

Things like "Efens hates Gonzalez" & "Sawyer thinks Parker's dumb".

Unwanted

Micormic

Unwanted
Well for starters he lives in California, I'm not sure how many people here have been in Cali but probably 95% of people in that entire state are fucked in the head.

That being said, in regards to the video game/movie/music industry pretty much all those people are completely retarded and I and no one should care about their opinions. If their work happens to entertain me so be it but most of them are degenerates and perverts.

AN4RCHID

Arcane
BTW, the Zork choose-your-own-adventure books he wrote are exceptionally good.
Ahh I used to own The Forces of Krill and read the shit out of it. I didn't realize it was written by the game designer. :incline: of my childhood.

Codex Year of the Donut
Well for starters he lives in California, I'm not sure how many people here have been in Cali but probably 95% of people in that entire state are fucked in the head.
Went to cali(LA, specifically) on a business-related trip a few years ago. After we landed they had another employee pick me up at the airport, we stopped at a burger place(in and out I think?) and nobody there spoke English. She had to order for me, everyone was a brown midget that kept looking at me, felt incredibly uncomfortable. It was basically the real life version of the 'la goblina' meme.

I wish they'd just secede already.

Glaucon

Prophet
As far as I can tell he's a conventional liberal, but like others have said, his politics aren't discernible through his writing.

Mastermind

Cognito Elite Material
Patron
Bethestard
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
As far as I can tell he's a conventional liberal, but like others have said, his politics aren't discernible through his writing.
his politics are discernible through his writing, he is pure liberal corruption of everything that is good. he just doesn't hammer you in the head with them like biowhore

Unwanted

Micormic

Unwanted
Went to cali(LA, specifically) on a business-related trip a few years ago. After we landed they had another employee pick me up at the airport, we stopped at a burger place(in and out I think?) and nobody there spoke English. She had to order for me, everyone was a brown midget that kept looking at me, felt incredibly uncomfortable. It was basically the real life version of the 'la goblina' meme.

I wish they'd just secede already.

Most beaners don't speak spanish either. It's like the equivalent of Jamaicans or other africans butchering English.

kintake

Savant
I never had the nerve to play PoE to the end, what is Durance's schtick exactly?
At the place where it all began, he reunites with his long lost mortality. It has transcended and become corporeal. They ended up "merging" in my playthrough and it was kinda gay tbh lol

2house2fly

Magister
Durance isn't TNO, he's Ulysses. He appears intimidating but is actually a shell of a man, having been disfigured both inside and outside after a big battle which ended in a cataclysmic explosion. He seeks to test the player character through struggle, but ends up being himself changed as a result of your interactions

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom