Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Cyberpunk 2077 Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I've been noticing South Korea pegged more as the cyberpunk country, which is a bit cool as a native-born son. Then I remember that is packaged with oppressive schooling, stratified class systems, basically slave-labour tier work hours, (they only recently just changed the maximum work hours per week to 52 hours from 68) and a country where the youth are addicted to their smartphones and computer screens. No wonder so much of the youth are fleeing and calling it "Hell Joseon". Also Samsung is like 20% of the nation's GDP so we got megacorps, except they're called chaebols.
This is in tune with things I've been thinking lately and with some ironic observations that point to how were are increasingly living in an overture to the Cyberpunk dystopia as we were imagining it 30 years ago.

Increasing monopolistic and cartel tendencies in the global hardware and software manufacturing industries. Software employing practices which we used to associate only with malware and spyware just 10 years ago, and this is being justified as "efforts to improve the customer experience", "software as a service", etc. Meanwhile on the public internet, "Dark Patterns" in UI design combine with lack of legal regulation on customer protection, to produce an environment where everyone tries to trick the user and direct his behavior in order to get him to "create an account", "join his network", ultimately hook in to capture the data he produces.

Industries and marketing increasingly treating consumers like idiots when it comes to designing their products, cutting away features, or purposefully reducing effectiveness - like the ban on producing thermometers with Mercury - yet when it comes to efforts to rein in self-harming behavior like the addiction to mobile devices, suddenly everyone is "for freedom of choice".

Behavioral data becoming a commodity, and privacy being breached left and right becoming normalized, leads to being "unfindable", lacking a registration in as many places as possible, becoming a new yardstick of "cool". If you refuse to have a facebok, twitter and google account, or a smartphone, you are essentially living as a cyberpunk. And this state of lacking accounts in the most famous services is already something people are boasting about.

Cynicism becoming a prevalent worldview and shrugged off by people when demonstrated by politicians. Self-sustaining electricity production is available at the household level for large groups of people in the advanced world, one side of the increasing autonomisation of households when it comes to their mobility, information/entertainement choices, and energy production.

Just some of the tendencies.

Last edited:

AwesomeButton

Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
PCGamesN theory: https://www.pcgamesn.com/cyberpunk-2077/will-cyberpunk-2077-release-in-2019

Cyberpunk 2077 should be out in 2019, and here's why
Fucking called it, didn't I.
:positive:

The console engineering news isn't that major a clue. Why:
First, we have the past experience of the "rendering engine change" of Witcher 3 where there was a sudden drop in graphics detail between the E3 20 minutes demo (June 2014) and the released game (19 May 2015), justified with optimization concerns. So, if someone gauges CP2077 to be too detailed for the current gen consoles, let them be reminded that CDPR have done downgrades before.

Second, CDPR can always pull off a GTAV, where they release a downgraded version for current gen consoles and then rerelease an updated version for the next gen. Meanwhile PC players will probably have to suffer the downgraded version because it's bad PR if your game looks too much better on PC than on consoles.

"the project covers the following period: 01 Jan 2017 - 29 Jun 2019,"
This is a big clue. Not because they can't or don't have the money to, extend development beyond that date, but because it's a sign of what development period they intended when they were applying for the funding. So, it's not definitive, but it's a clue.

However combined with the scheduling clue, it indeed points to June 2019 at the earliest - autumn 2019 at the latest. By scheduling I mean the fact that they show a hands-off vertical slice demo of almost one hour. With Witcher 3 there was a 20 minutes vertical slice demo on the last E3 before the release. Makes sense that they would again aim for releasing it around may-june next year counted from the vertical slice date.

Last edited:

moon knight

Matt7895's alt
there was a sudden drop in graphics detail between the E3 20 minutes demo (June 2014) and the released game (19 May 2015), justified with optimization concerns.

Meh, not really, the biggest differences were with this 2 trailers

Edit: Jesus fuck, I've noticed only now that the VGX trailer says In Game Footage. They also had dialogues that didn't make into the final game.

Last edited:

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
Most overhyped game this E3. If those are genuine reactions to the game, then great, it might be a case of trying a bowl of plain spaghetti after years and years of eating wallpaper paste, but at least they'll enjoy it. The problem is whether it's truly good to deserve such hype.

Big Wrangle

The hype question is pointless. No matter how good a game is, anything acclaimed is bound to "become overrated" one way or the other.

AwesomeButton

Patron
moon knight the drop in quality for Witcher 3 was significant, it was noticed by everybody and made big news.

So if you are saying there was hardly any difference, you had the whole world to convince.

P.S,it was also acknowledged by CDPR, as they were fighting against the term "downgrade"

Last edited:

moon knight

Matt7895's alt
moon knight the drop in quality for Witcher 3 was significant, it was noticed by everybody and made big news.

So if you are saying there was hardly any difference, you had the whole world to convince.

P.S,it was also acknowledged by CDPR, as they fere fighting against the term "downgrade"

I'm saying that the differences with the 2014 E3 Demo were minimal and more noticeable in Novigrad, and the biggest differences were with the 2 trailers, which are a world apart from the final game.

Last edited:

AwesomeButton

Patron
Ah, I see. Well from what was shown in the demo, yes, Novigrad was the most striking, because it had so much more geometry and hence the reduction was more noticeable.

Last edited:

Jarmaro

Liturgist
i call bullshit, she has alot of videos in her channel that play games with FPP.

for example, this fallout settlement video

she also did art dissection thingy with prey, which is entirely first person.

so either she is lying her ass off and spergling bullshit in the prey analysis video, or she play or at least watched someone play the game, which is in first person.

i think she's just an attention whore to get more pity points to get her channel more famous.

If you watched her first video about it you'd know that she was able to finish Prey "perfectly fine", while she had times with Doom she wasn't able to play at all, additionally she wasn't able to finish many others First Person Games she wanted to, like Alien: Isolation she was really hyped for but couldn't play it.
Yet to know that you would need to watch 4 minutes long video, but no, you are too lazy for that and you prefer to call her attention whore.
:retarded:

Mebrilia the Viera Queen

you know what? first person second person third person fouth i don't care... As long they keep what is promised i am totally up for it!...

Finally we are getting a Cyberpunk game based on the setting and i say.. About time.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Is a second person perspective in games even possible? That's some Twilight Zone shit right there.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://www.dsogaming.com/news/cybe...ild-confirmed-to-be-present-at-gamescom-2018/

Cyberpunk 2077’s E3 2018 demo was an actual real build, confirmed to be present at Gamescom 2018
JUNE 16, 2018 JOHN PAPADOPOULOS

In an interview with Jason Schreier, Marcin Iwinski confirmed that Cyberpunk 2077 will be present at Gamescom 2018. Marcin also said that Cyberpunk 2077 will be powered by the next iteration of the RED Engine, called REDengine 4. Marcin also claimed that this demo was not a fake one, was not built entirely for E3, and it was a real build of the game.

When Jason Schreier asked about the E3 demo, Marcin had this to say:

“The demo, it’s not a demo-demo in terms that it’s an artificial piece of content created for the purposes of the show. That’s actually a build of the game… actually, surprising it is a real build so we didn’t fake anything here and actually we had a lot of… we didn’t start these conversations but we had a lot of feedback like that in the previews by people actually noticing that certain things did not look pre-rendered or fake. And this makes us very happy and very proud because we’ve actually made it to pull off a build.”

And then, when asked about the next event in which Cyberpunk 2077 will be showcased, Marcin confirmed that there will be a demo at Gamescom 2018, though he did not confirm whether it will also be behind closed doors or whether it will be showcased to the public.

“I think we still have Gamescom so we’ll be showing it. I can’t tell you that [whether CD Projekt RED will be showing something different than what was shown at E3 2018] but it won’t be the same, it will be worth visiting. Of course do not expect a totally different demo please… but we will show maybe something different, maybe some different angle.”

Lacrymas

Arcane
It means what it meant for Omikron: The Nomad Soul. The demo showing only the best parts that are indeed in-game and isn't representative of the whole game.

Big Wrangle

Is a second person perspective in games even possible? That's some Twilight Zone shit right there.
Some game jams did it. For the most part the camera was the enemy's view. Movement was limited, for obvious reasons.

soulburner

Cipher
Regarding the Witcher 3 downgrade... I can't find it right now, but wasn't there a developer admitting the downgrade wasn't people's imagination but a real thing and he explained that even the most powerful PCs couldn't handle so many particles, transparencies, etc, and have close to playable framerates (possibly even mentioning DX11 API limits) but that they would look into re-implementing them once DirectX12 becomes more mature?

Taskityo

Educated
i call bullshit, she has alot of videos in her channel that play games with FPP.

for example, this fallout settlement video

she also did art dissection thingy with prey, which is entirely first person.

so either she is lying her ass off and spergling bullshit in the prey analysis video, or she play or at least watched someone play the game, which is in first person.

i think she's just an attention whore to get more pity points to get her channel more famous.

If you watched her entire video on her initial reaction to FP (the breakdown), she stated some games do not affect her. She stated she completed Prey no problem, but games like Doom 4 (2016) she had trouble with. For people with this issue, I think a lot of it depends on the FOV, motion blurring affects, and head bob.

If you watched her first video about it you'd know that she was able to finish Prey "perfectly fine", while she had times with Doom she wasn't able to play at all, additionally she wasn't able to finish many others First Person Games she wanted to, like Alien: Isolation she was really hyped for but couldn't play it.
Yet to know that you would need to watch 4 minutes long video, but no, you are too lazy for that and you prefer to call her attention whore.
:retarded:

Beat me to it, but yeah same impression here. Some people legit are affected different from some games. The only game that ever made me dizzy was some shit NES game when I was a kid, thankfully I never experienced anything like that with any game since on any platform.

Last edited:

Lacrymas

Arcane
It's kind of hard to imagine how someone can get motion sickness from games. I can explain it to myself, like the brain is thinking your body is moving by the signals from your eyes, but it's weird. The only time I ever get motion sickness is if I'm reading in a moving car. Oh well, it's interesting nonetheless. Too bad she probably won't be able to play it, seeing as she's a huge fan of the setting.

AwesomeButton

Patron
https://www.dsogaming.com/news/cybe...ild-confirmed-to-be-present-at-gamescom-2018/

Cyberpunk 2077’s E3 2018 demo was an actual real build, confirmed to be present at Gamescom 2018
JUNE 16, 2018 JOHN PAPADOPOULOS

In an interview with Jason Schreier, Marcin Iwinski confirmed that Cyberpunk 2077 will be present at Gamescom 2018. Marcin also said that Cyberpunk 2077 will be powered by the next iteration of the RED Engine, called REDengine 4. Marcin also claimed that this demo was not a fake one, was not built entirely for E3, and it was a real build of the game.

When Jason Schreier asked about the E3 demo, Marcin had this to say:

“The demo, it’s not a demo-demo in terms that it’s an artificial piece of content created for the purposes of the show. That’s actually a build of the game… actually, surprising it is a real build so we didn’t fake anything here and actually we had a lot of… we didn’t start these conversations but we had a lot of feedback like that in the previews by people actually noticing that certain things did not look pre-rendered or fake. And this makes us very happy and very proud because we’ve actually made it to pull off a build.”

And then, when asked about the next event in which Cyberpunk 2077 will be showcased, Marcin confirmed that there will be a demo at Gamescom 2018, though he did not confirm whether it will also be behind closed doors or whether it will be showcased to the public.

“I think we still have Gamescom so we’ll be showing it. I can’t tell you that [whether CD Projekt RED will be showing something different than what was shown at E3 2018] but it won’t be the same, it will be worth visiting. Of course do not expect a totally different demo please… but we will show maybe something different, maybe some different angle.”
Another argument for the June 2019 date.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I think they will publicly show the game at Gamescom or before that. The Witcher 3 was behind closed doors at E3. 5 weeks later, they showed off the game.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom