Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vapourware Scam Citizen - Only people with too much money can become StarCitizens! WOULD YOU LIKE TO KNOW MORE?

U-8D8

Savant
I want this game to come out just to finally see a part 2 of Mandalore's Star Citizen vid.

He doesn't seem to want to, and considering how cancerous the SC fanbase is I don't blame him. One guy who criticized Star Citizen got a whole load of threats, one from someone who said they were going to rape his daughter. And the Star Citizen fanboys response was almost uniformly to cry "false flag" or "Notallcitizens."

Whether or not any of the fanbase are capable of making good on their threats, it seems like a lot of bullshit to deal with just to say "These guys are untrustworthy" again.

a cut of domestic sheep prime

pretty similar, but different enough that it's possible it's not a ripoff.

seem to recall seeing similar construction ships in other space games. two arms in the front - not exactly an original concept.

I want this game to come out just to finally see a part 2 of Mandalore's Star Citizen vid.

He doesn't seem to want to, and considering how cancerous the SC fanbase is I don't blame him. One guy who criticized Star Citizen got a whole load of threats, one from someone who said they were going to rape his daughter. And the Star Citizen fanboys response was almost uniformly to cry "false flag" or "Notallcitizens."

Whether or not any of the fanbase are capable of making good on their threats, it seems like a lot of bullshit to deal with just to say "These guys are untrustworthy" again.
In fairness, I wouldn't want to piss off a bunch of cultists, some of whom apparently have more money than sense, either.

Big Wrangle

If the game releases and gets bad reviews it's gonna be interesting to see what conspirancy theories they'll come up with to rationalize such heresey.

U-8D8

Savant
In fairness, I wouldn't want to piss off a bunch of cultists, some of whom apparently have more money than sense, either.
Exactly. Stuff like that is elevated from general Internet edginess when you realize these people are fanatical enough to pump tens of thousands of dollars into a pipedream.

Then there's stuff like this.
DfG2cNPVMAAS3TT.jpg:large
I can't verify if what the text claims is accurate, but considering the community we're talking about, I'm inclined to believe it.

Isn't there some kind of marketplace where you can trade these ships to other players for real world money? Like, since people have already spent $100k or w/e buying ships, wouldn't you be able to buy the $27k everything pack and then re-sell the ships at massive profit? Or am I misunderstanding something.

Modron

Arcane
Isn't there some kind of marketplace where you can trade these ships to other players for real world money? Like, since people have already spent $100k or w/e buying ships, wouldn't you be able to buy the $27k everything pack and then re-sell the ships at massive profit? Or am I misunderstanding something.
I think Blaine sold his kickstarter ships for profit before the gotta catch them all craze wore off. Not sure if that was through ebay, forum posts, or whatever you should ask him.

ZeniBot

Cipher

Its pretty obvious they've traced over it the perspective is identical. Thing is though I don't think trace overs are full blown illegal, Blizzard for example used trace overs of Xcom back in the day for Diablo. So its not unheard of. But still that's pretty shamefur dishpray. Who wants a bet they sell this for $50 on their JPEG shop for their alledged vidya game.

Its pretty obvious they've traced over it the perspective is identical. Thing is though I don't think trace overs are full blown illegal, Blizzard for example used trace overs of Xcom back in the day for Diablo. So its not unheard of. But still that's pretty shamefur dishpray. Who wants a bet they sell this for $50 on their JPEG shop for their alledged vidya game.

Similar, not identical. They don't match up in photoshop. The front arm is shorter, indicating a different perspective. It is very close though.

The question is, did SC trace it, or did Eve Online take a screenshot from that perspective in order to make that tweet.

A google search reveals only one other instance of this image - a guy complaining about the same thing the other day:

And with this higher res image, it's even easier to see that the ship has many differences.

At best the artist may have traced the overall shape based off another screenshot and then drawn from that, or heavily edited their outline itself to the point to where the perspective is altered.

That or they could have just Googled "space mining ship", seen it on the first page and drawn something similar.

Deathsquid

Learned

You'd lose that bet if someone took it.

It's 120 dollars. 140 if you're using existing in-store credit.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom