Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Cyberpunk 2077 Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Prehistorik

Scholar
Actual city in Current-Year that oozes more (oldschool Gibson-esque) Cyberpunk style and atmosphere than Cyberpunk 2077...

sndzfrzznf0z.jpg

Where is this place ? OO

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
i call bullshit, she has alot of videos in her channel that play games with FPP.

for example, this fallout settlement video

she also did art dissection thingy with prey, which is entirely first person.

so either she is lying her ass off and spergling bullshit in the prey analysis video, or she play or at least watched someone play the game, which is in first person.

i think she's just an attention whore to get more pity points to get her channel more famous.

dragonul09

Arcane
Edgy

Come on the game is set in California of all things, you need to depict the degenerates as it is, don't mingle with facts, just show the people how sick this part of the world is

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
i call bullshit, she has alot of videos in her channel that play games with FPP.

so either she is lying her ass off and spergling bullshit in the prey analysis video, or she play or at least watched someone play the game, which is in first person.

i think she's just an attention whore to get more pity points to get her channel more famous.

Agreed. Not to mention I've also played Bioshock and your camera wobbles with every step in that game. If she can play THAT she really should not have any problems unless CP77 is, I don't know, a first-person disco simulator or something.

Mebrilia the Viera Queen

When sane individuals fight vs sjw irrational thinking and in the end turn exactly like them.. pretty ironic if you think about it :D

Polygon said:
Cyberpunk 2077 will include full nudity for a very important reason

The genre is about so much more than fast cars and slick guns

The team at CD Projekt Red came to E3 this year with an enormous demo for its next game, Cyberpunk 2077. Coming in at 50 minutes in length, the demo was as much a showcase of the game’s feature set as it was a statement about CD Projekt Red’s capabilities as a studio. But, as impressive as that demo was, there was still one portion of it that elicited giggles from the crowd.

Early in the demo, the presenter revealed a mockup of the character creation system. It showed generic male and female avatars standing on a blue background. Both of them were completely nude, but their genitals were covered with pixelated white boxes of digital noise. Some in the crowd giggled. For some of them, I’m sure it was because they were uncomfortable with or perhaps prudish about nudity. Just as many likely giggled at the absurdity of censoring the human form in a video game.

Adding those white boxes to the menu system at E3 was a tactical decision by the team at CD Projekt Red, game director Adam Badowski told Polygon. In the final version of the game, that digital noise will likely be removed. But for its big reveal, CD Projekt didn’t want to be accused of using nudity for shock value, or to have its time with the international press sidetracked by conversations about male or female nudity in video games.

The team also wanted to keep the reaction in the room to a giggle, rather than outright laughter.

“We covered these parts for one reason,” said Badowski. “Because during the presentation, we don’t want people to focus on and think about these things and laugh. It’s normal! Nudity makes it more believable; that’s why we want to have it. There’s nothing special in it.”

Badowski said that in the final game, his team intends to have full nudity, not for shock value but because it supports one of the most important themes in the cyberpunk genre: transhumanism, the belief that humanity can transcend its current mental and physical form with the help of technology. Throughout Cyberpunk 2077, players will have to grapple with what it means for them personally to become transhuman, and one of the pieces of imagery the team plans to use is nudity.

There was one scene in particular from the E3 demo that Badowski pointed to as an example. It opened with a simple quest to retrieve a kidnapped woman, but turned into a bizarre and gruesome tableau. The kidnappers weren’t holding her for ransom; they were planning to chop her up for spare parts, harvesting the high-tech implants throughout her body for sale on the black market.

After players gun down the enemies in the compound, they find the kidnapped woman and another NPC lying naked in a bathtub filled with ice. With her eyes rolled back in her head and her body glistening with water, the player must carry her in their arms out into the light to the waiting paramedics.

“Nudity is important for us because of one reason,” Badowski said. “This is cyberpunk, so people augment their body. So the body is no longer sacrum [sacred]; it’s profanum [profane]. Because people modify everything, they are losing their connection to the body, to the meat. And that’s why we need to use the nudity in many situations.

“You see that there are bodies in the tub, and you need to take care of this woman. But at the same time she is augmented,” he continued, searching for the right words. “She is not clean. Maybe she is augmented too much. Maybe the humanity level is pretty low in her, so it’s an interesting topic. It’s one of the key themes in cyberpunk. The very first scenes in the original Ghost in the Shell anime show exactly the same aspect. Because where is sacrum and where is profanum in a world when you can simply modify yourself to such limits that it makes you a different kind of person? It’s one of the most important themes in cyberpunk, as a genre.”

Quillon

Arcane
European games

What are european games? There is western and there is asian, in games' world. Certainly there aren't some group of european games with nudity that 'muricans haven't seen/played/heard about. This isn't TV/cinema.

Doktor Best

Arcane
Its always been amusing to me, how to Americans its totally fine and normal to depict decapitations, mutilations and gruesome murder, but show them uncensored pussy or dick and they lose their minds.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
Why are you guys posting white haired wyman vids?

Recently, I saw a woman with a Darkest Dungeon backpack. My primitive man brain was confused whether to hackle her with "decline enabler" and "degenerate" or club her on the head and drag her to my cave because woman gamer. I was so confused I did neither.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom