Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter BEAUTIFUL DESOLATION - isometric post-apocalyptic adventure from STASIS developer

Pyke

The Brotherhood
Developer
Workin on another project right now...its pretty cool. Set in Africa. Post apocalyptic. :D

Pyke

The Brotherhood
Developer
If you consider Star Control 2 an RPG, then maybe? The design is sort of more open ended - but there arent stats or leveling up.
Honestly I have no idea what the definition of an RPG is these days.

Pyke

The Brotherhood
Developer
We're gonna be doing a big update and talk more about the combat system in a while. Once there is more info about it out in the world you can decide which is the best forum for it to be under.

It is still very much an adventure game - but we are certainly playing around with a lot of the elements of the genre to create something thats a bit...different.

lightbane

Arcane
Pyke wanted to introduce a JRPG segment right under the Codex's nose. Does that mean the thread will be moved to the Weaboo subforum?

Jinn

Arcane
Combat implementation in the game is going to make it something I never throught it to be. Thank you, Pyke. You made my day when I saw that. Before I was 90% satisfied to have backed this project, now I can safely say I'm at 100%.

Last edited:

Scroo

Female Quota Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex 2014 Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
Will you be able to speed up combat animations? I like nice animations but after the first few battles I usually look for the combat animation speed slider and set it to maximum ;)

77cd98d3b81b91a87d8a9ae045d31b4e_original.jpg

akqmvdd29hkw6wr4bvts.jpg

Pyke

The Brotherhood
Developer
Replay it and do a murder run? :D
Man - I tell you Im not a fan of steam achievements. Im always concerned that they break game immersion. Its the Press F to Pay Respects thing - we do so much to create this world and story that the player can get lost in - and then a steam pop up appears.

Am I the only one that feels this way?

ScrotumBroth

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In
Yes, on the first run it's annoying, but I like 100% games with interesting, short but well thought achievements, like Stasis and Cayne. Home is where one starts also did it well.

There are certain games that can pull off a long list of compelling achievements, Endless Legend for example. But most of the time it's a nuisance, because no effort is invested.

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
Divinity: Original Sin Divinity: Original Sin 2

What the fuck I just watched?
Those unit concepts and animations are weird and awesome at the same time.

Last edited:

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://www.kickstarter.com/project...n-isometric-post-apocalyptic-ad/posts/2233567

Raising the stakes in a world of DESOLATION - July 2018

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.”
― H.L. Mencken

4aa438a5d5d94e4058dec21406b81f75_original.png

While traveling across our African landscape, Mark and POOCH will encounter enemies who will gladly disembowel them for venturing too close to their territory. When diplomacy fails, Mark must be ready to stand his ground.

da93fcb811b8f7e0609764d8ecac075e_original.png

We’ve implemented a turn-based combat system into BEAUTIFUL DESOLATION, and have chosen to focus on simple engagement mechanics. We’ll avoid intense stat management and leveling, and rather focus on creating a fun, entertaining experience that ties directly into our lore and world building.

efb511c4bb902b62dbbce777a08c73e6_original.jpg

In a place this dangerous you’re often only as good as the friends who surround you. Forging alliances with the denizens of the world is essential to survival - and pivotal to how the story will unfold.

4579613d22fd7b4f25bd1da7833e81e2_original.png

Thanks for the support guys!

Our website is here: http://www.desolationgame.com
Follow me on Twitter: https://twitter.com/stasisgame

Take Care,

Chris
caa5595cc2b30f745ed3cf026b8452cd_original.png

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom