Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout: Nevada Mod - final English version released

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
I completed a play through on the the last version of the translation with very few issues.

Black Angel

Arcane
Hi guys, I'm finally getting to play this mod. Damn, good shit so far. However....

Where the fuck do I get a tommy gun? Sorry for being a dumbass.

Zer0wing

Cipher
Where the fuck do I get a tommy gun? Sorry for being a dumbass.
You should be informed already about the guy who have bought all of the tommyguns in da hood. If not, ask the quest giver again. Don't bother fishing it in random encounters.

Black Angel

Arcane
You should be informed already about the guy who have bought all of the tommyguns in da hood. If not, ask the quest giver again. Don't bother fishing it in random encounters.
I know that! I've already turned Eldorado upside down for at least one gun. I thought there'd be at least just one lying around instead of having to rob one of the bouncer or break into their storage room in the 2nd floor, since that one requires high Lockpicking and it so happens that I'm not quite invested in it right now. Turns out you can just steal the key from the bouncer who's at the same room and even then, I need to actually divert his attention somewhere by turning off the electricity. That's really fucking cool man, I'm officially addicted to this and I can't stop thinking about it.

Edit: Just hit another brick wall again. Where is Terry's wife and son? I thought Terry and Nick were the prospectors missing from the slums, but that's completely different quest.

Last edited:

Zer0wing

Cipher
Edit: Just hit another brick wall again. Where is Terry's wife and son? I thought Terry and Nick were the prospectors missing from the slums, but that's completely different quest.
Terry's a Stryker's chemist. You should've encountered a messenger boy who would give you directions to Silver Hotel. If you rescued Terry, the mission should go straightfoward.
I recommend to go with the family, stand and fight Stryker's gangsters to loot unique 10mm pistol with attached flashlight.

Zer0wing

Cipher
damn, and i like resu a fucking fucking lot ot is p much my goty 2016
We all do like DesuResu but Nevada just happened to have really extensive "post-release support" lasting 5 years of patching and content reworking. While Resurrection team just abandoned the 1.5Res at some point and wiped the dust from it only recently to finish what remained in 2013.

All hype for Mutant Rising btw, it also looks promising. NMA delivers.

Black Angel

Arcane
the boy at the restaurant. and killing them is not so hard too, at least with burst shots from my smg. but all this still leads me to the point where i HAVE to kidnap his family. i tried talking to mordino after killing his bodyguards and without handing his family to Thomson, but there is still no dialogue option to convince him. i would prefer a less dickish solution to this situation. i also tried upgrading my barter, speech, intelligence, charisma without any success.
How the hell did you initiate conversation with Billy? Every time I click on him, he only tells me to talk with the owner of the restaurant. I assume it's the guy on the counter, of which he only tells me that the urchin is Billy and he picked him up from the streets, and then the dialogue can be repeated ad nauseam. Unless... by 'owner' of the restaurant, Billy actually meant Mordino?

Edit: Never mind, finds out I can just sneak into Stryker's headquarter and take a peek at his archives and documents.

Last edited:
Unwanted

Xotiphile

The Doxxer of Deutschland
Edgy
Damn, this thing has a nice economy going for a bit. Ammo reaally scarce, etc.
But once you reach 100 in small guns and can make a sniper rifle, you can run marathon circles around a certain drug lab and kill 21 bozos :lol:
s89LCDc.jpg

Actually the eco broke when you do the quest for other gang leader outside of Reno, he sends you to kill some dudes and they carry combat shooties etc.

Unwanted

Xotiphile

Edgy
What I really dont like is the weaps balance. Pistols suck donkey cock, 5 AP per shot... No armor piercing ammo in sight. Energy pistols are prohibitively expesive...

Question: on aimed shots to head or eyes, does the armor dr and % apply?
The text says 'no' but who trusts that.

Also, crits are dmg x2? Right?

-edit-

There is a russian 'crazy edition' that actually improves the pistols and adds more crafting and lowers the drop rate of guns on dead enemies but its incompatible as of latest version with the normal Nevada release.. And the 2.2 version the autistic russian posted is by now purged...

Cael

Arcane
What I really dont like is the weaps balance. Pistols suck donkey cock, 5 AP per shot... No armor piercing ammo in sight. Energy pistols are prohibitively expesive...

Question: on aimed shots to head or eyes, does the armor dr and % apply?
The text says 'no' but who trusts that.

Also, crits are dmg x2? Right?

-edit-

There is a russian 'crazy edition' that actually improves the pistols and adds more crafting and lowers the drop rate of guns on dead enemies but its incompatible as of latest version with the normal Nevada release.. And the 2.2 version the autistic russian posted is by now purged...
If it is based on the original Fallout/Fallout2 crit tables, no. Crits can go up to 4x or instant kill. Aimed shots to the eyes has the potential for the highest damage and other side effects (blinded, knocked out being the main one).

Unwanted

Xotiphile

Edgy
I think the crit tables are modified. Havent checked though.

Unwanted

Xotiphile

Edgy
Omg, I explored the whole fucking game and dont get what I am to do.
Turns out the "parts" for an electrical generator at radio station and a51 are the common metal trash you can collect.............................. Old school experience

Modron

Arcane
New update https://www.nma-fallout.com/threads/fallout-of-nevada-Фаллаут-Невада.207311/page-60#post-4284987
Fallout Nevada Russian Mod https://drive.google.com/file/d/11oBN892uGkf3iu8APidHwVijHeA58xac/view?usp=sharing
Fallout Nevada latest translation https://drive.google.com/file/d/1paTQDDFGQzkpSF1gq_5vI5MWL1gsxrMn/view?usp=sharing
The update is up, enjoy and please let me know if I messed up anything, there are still Vegas and Salt Lake that need editing, so if there is anyone that can help, please PM me.

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
So i am starting this rn.

Fucking awesome far. Glad the fallout spirit isnt dead yet, and there are talented fellow fans who put their back working and give us these wonders.

Any other fan project i should look up for? I know olympus 2077

Modron

Arcane
The only translated mod of nearly the same scale and quality is Resurrection. It's a shame nobody is translating Olympus 2207 to my knowledge; they are also working on a sequel to it at the moment.

If you cannot read Russian there is still some hope as the Mutants Rising guys said it was actually about 85% complete in a post on NMA towards the beginning of this year but I haven't looked into their progress since and wouldn't be surprised if isn't much more because the lead developer is probably in crunch mode getting Phantom Doctrine done. You could try questioning .Pixote. as he's doing art for it if I recall correctly.

Kyl Von Kull

The Night Tripper
Patron
The only translated mod of nearly the same scale and quality is Resurrection. It's a shame nobody is translating Olympus 2207 to my knowledge; they are also working on a sequel to it at the moment.

If you cannot read Russian there is still some hope as the Mutants Rising guys said it was actually about 85% complete in a post on NMA towards the beginning of this year but I haven't looked into their progress since and wouldn't be surprised if isn't much more because the lead developer is probably in crunch mode getting Phantom Doctrine done. You could try questioning .Pixote. as he's doing art for it if I recall correctly.

It’s both larger and (much) better than Resurrection.

Cael

Arcane
WAIT A SEC! Noob question!

Does ths mod take over my FO2 and permanently scrambles it? Plus I have the RP mod on it. How would they jive?

Cael

Arcane
Does ths mod take over my FO2 and permanently scrambles it? Plus I have the RP mod on it. How would they jive?
Nevada is a standalone mod that installs in it's own folder.
Thanks. I will look at it when I have finished this run of Tactics. St Louis is giving me a bit of trouble, mainly because I killed the trench guys too quickly and now the bastards on the wall refuse to get back up again for my snipers to gut :(

Kyl Von Kull

The Night Tripper
Patron
Nevada is a standalone mod that installs in it's own folder.
Thanks. I will look at it when I have finished this run of Tactics. St Louis is giving me a bit of trouble, mainly because I killed the trench guys too quickly and now the bastards on the wall refuse to get back up again for my snipers to gut :(

Dude, forget Tactics. Nevada will blow your mind.

Vault City prevails, citizen!

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
my god i love this so so so fucking much. it's in a way an improvement to the original. ammo is scarce and vendors restock needs a longer time, and with this i don't take out random encounter as i please again because of how precious ammo is. i had to improvise using traps / etc to get geckos or scorpions and run from bandits, etc. i need to learn how to craft anyway.

quest and content are fun, very detailed and have alot of solution/pathways. i am so happy right now that this exist.

I'm waiting for the translation to finish to put my hands on this baby, but I'm ok, I got a BIG backlog of games I should have played already. The "wonders" of always being behind on computer-tech.

'sides, I plan to do a Fallout back-to-back replay once again, and I want to start it with Nevada.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom