Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Disco Elysium Pre-Release Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

ArchAngel

Arcane
Kasparov Speaking of the title trailer, I just watched it again and noticed this foxy babe for the first time:

Who is she? Was she murdered by Goldfinger? Is this art available as a wallpaper? (Without sales text of course?)

The woman is Dolores Dei, an Innocence -- an embodiment of the World Spirit (the highest category of historic figure in Elysium). Here she is, on the poster in more detail... (tremble in fear, bandwidth!)

disco-elysium-poster.jpg
So she would be like our world's Christ? (if Christ actually existed)

Kasparov

OH/NO
Developer
With the difference that there are more than one Innocence. Robert will perhaps talk more about those in future devblog posts about the world of Elysium.

EDIT: Here´s the heavy cavalry of Innocence Franconegro

EDIT2: and in this interview you can find a mention of Dolores:

Innocence Dolores Dei, a benevolent maternal zeitgeist-defining semi-religious figure who lived some centuries ago.

Last edited:

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
It's something like figures like Confucius mixed with Saint?
For now I can only percieve it through such analogies.

vota DC

Augur
With the difference that there are more than one Innocence. Robert will perhaps talk more about those in future devblog posts about the world of Elysium.

EDIT: Here´s the heavy cavalry of Innocence Franconegro

EDIT2: and in this interview you can find a mention of Dolores:

Innocence Dolores Dei, a benevolent maternal zeitgeist-defining semi-religious figure who lived some centuries ago.

Not sure about this.
Game released later in 2018. That means second half, that means july. So a devblog about the cabinet and one about release date unless number of devblog for month is increased

Last edited:

Cabazone

Educated
Should you have the time, I have a few quick questions for the developers about the writing process. From what I understand, none of the authors are native English speakers. Yet all I've seen of the game is in this god forsaken tongue. My questions are about how you write in a language that is not your own.

First: do you write the first draft directly in English or first in Estonian?

If you write in Estonian: how do you translate it? by yourselves? with the help of a professional translator?

If you write directly in English (or translate it from Estonian with your own capable hands): how do you check the quality of the text (its grammar, how natural it sounds)? Do you have in your team native English speakers who can proofread your writing?

Finally: how do you feel about the fact that what will be in practice the main language of your game (whether you write in Estonian or not) is not the language you master best. Are you frustrated by that? Do you feel it's unfair? Or perhaps you consider that, for some reason, it can almost be a good thing for the game?

Last edited:

Kasparov

OH/NO
Developer
What’s the procedure for tagging someone here? Marat Sar is the man to answer your questions in detail.

I’ll alleviate some of your curiosity: Right now around a quarter of the writing and editing talent is native speaking (English that is). As far as I know writing is in English from start to finish. We’re all more or less fluent in English and I suspect the frustrations are universal when writing in a language that is not your native tongue.

Last edited:

Doktor Best

Arcane
Wont vote because everything. It has to be a coherent whole. A Gesamtkunstwerk.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom