Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout 76 - online Fallout spinoff from Bethesda - now on Steam with Wastelanders NPC expansion

FeelTheRads

Arcane
The hype for what exactly?

You want to get hyped for a multiplayer shooter with the Fallout name slapped on it, but Bethesda is just not doing it right?

Are you sure the Bumblebee skin for the power armor won't draw you in? What more could they do to hype you?

FeelTheRads

Arcane
That Mech fucktard is seriously butthurt not everyone likes the shit games he likes. That insecurity, man.
It must hurt when you come out of lurking just to post get excited about the next Bethesda abortion, but there are people who dare not to agree with you!

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
Atleast this time Bethesda managed to get Power Armor almost fully correct like in the original

XEwHDOa.png

The Dutch Ghost

Arbiter
Is this serious or or just something you just made up.

I know a lot of Bethesda gamers are arrogant, I experienced that during the hype towards Fallout 3. But that some now consider themselves to be old school gamers? Most of them have not even smelled an old school game, let alone played it.

Jarmaro

Liturgist

Pika-Cthulhu

Arcane
Im fairly sure its a joke, but it hits all the right rage buttons I cant help but feel it has 2 purposes, one to lampoon new gamers that started with the xbox generation of multiplatform, and second, to piss on all the people that called Fo3 Oblivion with guns and harbinger of decline.

Yeah, that particular brand of newgamer filth from /v/, started playing videogames in 2005 and suckle on the teat of console trash

Ash

Arcane
Many FO3 fans congregated in one place:

Nuke 'em all.

FWIW I watched over half of the video and the guy has some fair points, but most of it is retarded.

Jarmaro

Liturgist
If you feel like it you can read posts on r/Fallout. People are on full damage control mode and are trying to image they will be able to roleplay/take over functions npcs had :D
I don't tihnk they quite realize(although some little upvoted threads had serious discussions about it) what this game gonna work. People are even highely downvoting those who say they will play as raiders, they are terryfing of other people being aginst them and destroying their fun.
There won't even be private servers on launch (Bethesda said it, I wonder if there will be privates at all), people will "finish" this game few times before they will be able to do mods or anything similiar. Most likely mods will be much smaller scale too, as this is online game.
F:76 launch will be one of the biggest drama's of late 2018, I am sure of it.
It will be terrific.
:dealwithit:

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Been wondering where they got that information from. Taking NPC roles, what the hell? It's only going to be DayZ level of interaction, maybe even less. You see someone, you shoot.

typical user

Arbiter
It's quite depressing seeing the franchise turn from depressing fight for survival with mixture of different genres and exploration of human and society's nature to cartoonish minecraft nuke-em-all first person shooter. I'd rather like for this IP to die and fall into abyss back in 2005 than see it turn today to this.

Codex Year of the Donut
honestly the numbering of this series is stupid

first game is 3
then they release a non-numbered spinoff that's buggy and incomplete
then they release 4
THEN they skip to 76
???

they never even made a 1 or 2

Jarmaro

Liturgist
It's quite depressing seeing the franchise turn from depressing fight for survival with mixture of different genres and exploration of human and society's nature to cartoonish minecraft nuke-em-all first person shooter.
Now, don't get ahead of ourselves. Fallout 2 lost much of F1 seriousness and was in some places really, really ridicoulus. And developers said themselves it was a mistake.
One could say that F3, while being utter shit, was more serious than F2.

PanteraNera

Arcane
Now, don't get ahead of ourselves. Fallout 2 lost much of F1 seriousness and was in some places really, really ridicoulus. And developers said themselves it was a mistake.
I absolutely agree that Fallout 2 lost much of Fallout 1's seriousness, to my disliking.
But seriously Fallout 3 more serious than Fallout 2?
Little Lamplight, Vampires, Liberty Prime, Nuka Cola Fan lady, Three Dog, to name a few.
Fallout 3 more serious than Fallout 2?
Really?

typical user

Arbiter

It still had great story and even simple fedex quests were made interesting. There was a depth and philosophy sneaking in even with all the references to real-life. (Hey Fallout 1 had UFO branded with FBI signs)​

Codex Year of the Donut
I absolutely agree that Fallout 2 lost much of Fallout 1's seriousness, to my disliking.
But seriously Fallout 3 more serious than Fallout 2?
Little Lamplight, Vampires, Liberty Prime, Nuka Cola Fan lady, Three Dog, to name a few.
Fallout 3 more serious than Fallout 2?
Really?
liberty prime was an all around improvement you stupid communist

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom