Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Preview First Cyberpunk 2077 gameplay details revealed

Mebrilia the Viera Queen

Since it's a post-2015 RPG, will it have gay romance? Sex change or gender upgrades?
Will it be possible to date a computer?
Will it have strong and socially relevant african-american, middle-eastern or female NPCs?

death-of-a-cyborg.jpg

Cyberpunk is a setting around from the 80 and even there featured almost all the thing you said... Social justice is not an issue in cyberpunk nobody gives a fuck about who you have sex with if not for kidnap this person and use it to blackmail you.

Shilandra

Learned
Since it's a post-2015 RPG, will it have gay romance? Sex change or gender upgrades?
Will it have strong and socially relevant african-american, middle-eastern or female NPCs?

death-of-a-cyborg.jpg

Cyberpunk is a setting around from the 80 and even there featured almost all the thing you said... Social justice is not an issue in cyberpunk nobody gives a fuck about who you have sex with if not for kidnap this person and use it to blackmail you.

haha but doesnt the lady the video you post fight about that. She says no one is bisexual because thats important and stupid i say fuck her. I want to push ip on whatever dumb slut I want and make hre uncomfrfrotable force to sleep so that she is now bisexual. What now bitch? There is nothing witong with everyone is bi i dont care if some pixel blob doesnt watn to much carpet shjell do it and shell like it god damn it.

Im so tired of this bullshit its such bullshit i fucking swear.

Sentinel

Arcane

death-of-a-cyborg.jpg

haha but doesnt the lady the video you post fight about that. She says no one is bisexual because thats important and stupid i say fuck her. I want to push ip on whatever dumb slut I want and make hre uncomfrfrotable force to sleep so that she is now bisexual. What now bitch? There is nothing witong with everyone is bi i dont care if some pixel blob doesnt watn to much carpet shjell do it and shell like it god damn it.

go play bioware garbage you fucking faggot cunt
alternatively, go play modern obsidian trash.

Shilandra

Learned

death-of-a-cyborg.jpg

go play bioware garbage you fucking faggot cunt
alternatively, go play modern obsidian trash.

no such thing as modern obsidian trash ese,. and bioware is a cunt to because they wont let you force yourself on anyone. iIts not fair why does a whore need a sexual orientation anyway shes shjust a slut fucking pair of tits oh boo hoo daddy didn't love me and kicked me out becauyse i had the gays SUCH PROGRESS YAAASSSSSSSSSS. This is important storytelling and HAS TO HAPPEN EVERYTIME NO BI PEOPLE FOR YOU EVER!

Well fuck you too asshole ill see your shitty game in heel where if force you to be gay anyway. What now punk? you aren't even fucking real your gaybo story doesn't matter to me lol so what if your striaght your straight story dont matter to me get on your fucking pixel knees you dumb cunt

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
3rd person perspective is shit for shooters.
Max Payne, Saint's Row, Resident Evil 4. TPP shooting can work just fine.

I mean sure, shooting from a first person perspective is more precise, but given the budget CD Projekt is working with, I don't see why they couldn't have tried to go for both, like Bloodlines and Hitman did.

Mebrilia the Viera Queen

death-of-a-cyborg.jpg

What i mean is homosexuality and even transexuality is not a thing that create scandal in cyberpunk in the end is a world where even low life people have some kind of implant.They sell cyberware eberywhere from big malls to small shops.. Is a world where if you want change something of yourself all you have to do is snap the finger providing you have the money for it. And again people have sexual perference what she was saying is that cd project didin't make everyone bisexual.It is important because many dev in past forced many characters to become bisexual just for a inclusivity agenda.Cyberpunk is grounded on reality and in reality everyone is not bisexual. is not an issue for me and i am bisexual. it is an issue instead when you force stuff in only to add forced diversity and avoid social justice lunatics screaming bitching and crying how the game is not inclusive enough that makes the setting feel like plastic.

Shadenuat

Arcane
3d person seems like a natural choice for some augmented melee action. Konoko from ONI had whole skill tree from fighting games for that purpose you had to learn.

Hard to imagine a reasonably advanced android on android fisting in spirit of GUNNM from 1st person. I just get flashbacks from New Vegas and Bethesda games and how bad it was.

It actually would have been interesting to get some crazy hybrid of the game like that goddamn game I never can remember name of that had jumping from body to body and you beating crap out of people on fighting arena in a body of a little nurse.

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
since when the character perspective defines what is a good rpg?

From fucking first PRG.
Actual RPG experience is only for isometric RPGs.
The rest are Le Face 56% of some kind - ation-RPG.

tl;dr - FPP has way broader and powerful capability "showing you" something, as opposed to "telling you" - you dont need extradiegetic elements (interface, popup windows) telling you there is a little strange mark on the wall, since you can see it for yourself. Thus, its more capable of intradiegetic means of communication (beside the literal PoV intradiagetic, instead of extradiegetic), which means camera immerses you into intradiagetic world better than TPP camera does.

FPP is for showing stuff, for affecting audience in the same meaning as propaganda, it's a tool for master to control his slave.
Isomentic is telling - it tells you, and it's your choice do you believe it or not, you can contemplate, analize and reject - therefore it's a tool for conversation of equal.

That's additional info I squeezed from your exellent text.

If a teary old woman is asking you (the player character) to save her child, you are going to have a stronger response if shes looking at you (the player (since you are seeing what the PC is seeing)), than if she was looking at a Player character that's in the shot. Looking at you makes it way more personal, and thus, investing. Its also a more accurate mimesis of the situation.

Sorry, it's bullshit.
Today no NPC look slike a human in games, and if that abomination "look" at me I don't feel ANYTHING you described.
Instead, considering writing - good text capable to induce empathy in you much more, than crude fake "human" - that's why fucking books exist at all.
There is nothing more empathy inducing than texts.
Except then fro generations with "clip thinking" who don't operate with texts at all, and that's the main reason why CGI in movies and special effects in general are good, and the plot is such a shit.

Guys, it's not that complicated. A game where your character gets awesome ocular implants that show all sorts of cool shit, including the HUD, is a game that should probably be in first person.

Absolutely not. X-Com After-something had isometric view and implants that changed vision - and it just workz! in isometric.

Shilandra

Learned

death-of-a-cyborg.jpg

What i mean is homosexuality and even transexuality is not a thing that create scandal in cyberpunk in the end is a world where even low life people have some kind of implant.They sell cyberware eberywhere from big malls to small shops.. Is a world where if you want change something of yourself all you have to do is snap the finger providing you have the money for it. And again people have sexual perference what she was saying is that cd project didin't make everyone bisexual.It is important because many dev in past forced many characters to become bisexual just for a inclusivity agenda.Cyberpunk is grounded on reality and in reality everyone is not bisexual. is not an issue for me and i am bisexual. it is an issue instead when you force stuff in only to add forced diversity and avoid social justice lunatics screaming bitching and crying how the game is not inclusive enough that makes the setting feel like plastic.

What? I cant comprehend. Its not forced but its the future so no sjw bullshit? but sjw hate bisexual and dont want exeryone to be bisexual so not bisexual is not sjw but is? Shouldn't people be forced to be bisexualk everyone in the future to fight the sjw? Or are they just not there? Why is is allways mine wh oattacked the cute girl but she's straight? The sjw thats who. They wanted this to happen and so they wiun but they cant win because cyberpunk says no? So who wins us or them?

Fcuking shit. Nothing is making sense anymore. I need to pass out but its not happening until its time and its not fair. iM sorry but I cant help you right now. GToodbye

Mebrilia the Viera Queen

death-of-a-cyborg.jpg

What? I cant comprehend. Its not forced but its the future so no sjw bullshit? but sjw hate bisexual and dont want exeryone to be bisexual so not bisexual is not sjw but is? Shouldn't people be forced to be bisexualk everyone in the future to fight the sjw? Or are they just not there? Why is is allways mine wh oattacked the cute girl but she's straight? The sjw thats who. They wanted this to happen and so they wiun but they cant win because cyberpunk says no? So who wins us or them?

Fcuking shit. Nothing is making sense anymore. I need to pass out but its not happening until its time and its not fair. iM sorry but I cant help you right now. GToodbye

It is just like the real world but unlike the real world nobody gives a shit if you are gay,lesbian,transgender etc etc... But like the real world everyone has is sexual preferences so expecting everyone to be bisexual would be pretty unrealistic.

Mr. Hiver

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
You definitely need to go and pass out Shilandra.

Its way past time. Do it before brain damage becomes permanent.

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
As an aside, After 24 hours with no sleep is breathing through your nose and feeling pain in only half of your head just regular old sleep deprivation or the early warning signs of a stroke?

Dude this is serious staff, if you lost sensitiveness in a simmetrical part of body, better rest, really. You will have all time of the world for games when you get old.

What i mean is homosexuality and even transexuality is not a thing that create scandal in cyberpunk

It only mean that their society perceive this as acceptable, and thus shows them as full blown SJW.

v1rus

Arcane
Sorry, it's bullshit.
Today no NPC look slike a human in games, and if that abomination "look" at me I don't feel ANYTHING you described.
Instead, considering writing - good text capable to induce empathy in you much more, than crude fake "human" - that's why fucking books exist at all.
There is nothing more empathy inducing than texts.
Except then fro generations with "clip thinking" who don't operate with texts at all, and that's the main reason why CGI in movies and special effects in general are good, and the plot is such a shit.

Wasnt talking of the GFX of today. As i pointed it out to our dear friend, i was talking of the theoretical capabilities of camera - if (when) the npc looked hyper-realistically, would what i was talking about be effective?

FPP is for showing stuff, for affecting audience in the same meaning as propaganda, it's a tool for master to control his slave.
Isomentic is telling - it tells you, and it's your choice do you believe it or not, you can contemplate, analize and reject - therefore it's a tool for conversation of equal.

That's additional info I squeezed from your exellent text.

If you wanna go with that logic, it should be the opposite.

Isometric cant show you fine, tiny details like facial expressions, face twitches, eye movement etc. (even if it could, and chose to, (by hyper zooming in a hypothetical hyper-realistic GFX, it would have to single out specific details giving out all of its subtlety in the process)).

Thus, if you meet a witch masquerading as a lovely old grannie, you get a descriptor of some sort (text) telling you "This old lady has something wicked inside of her" or "there is something suspicious going on with this lady", instead of showing you the subtle details concerning the ladies true nature, so you could judge them however you want , if you notice them in the first place.

Ofc, the text itself can be sterile, without a loaded opinion, but its usually way less subtle - if it says there maybe something suspicious about the old lady, you know for a fact it is, since it wouldnt bring that up in any other case. There could theoretically exist game which can give you false alarms ("there is something suspicious about this lady" message while the lady is actually an ordinary grandma) as to eliminate the lack of meta subtlety, but its still telling you a conclusion, instead of showing you the situation so you could come up to the conclusion yourself.

Last edited:

Keppo

Arbiter
from 4chan, idk if true or fake

>media class was considered and was done to about 25% until it was realized that it was too difficult to make it work
>noimad class will be considered for a possible DLC depending on sales
>Playe rhouse is in, howeever not customizable. House customization was dropped because it made cutscenes happening in the house too difficult to make in the current engine
>Several voice options were originally planned but were scrapped later, the final build has one voice for male and one for female player character
>Player can use the metro to move inside the city, playewr can have interactions with NPCs while riding the metro
>level cap is 20, player gets to choose a specialization perk every 5 levels
>customizable playlist similar to MGS5
>body types include an extremely fat body type as well as a "hulk" type
>each limb is divided into 3 sections for cybernetic implants

Glop_dweller

Prophet
FPP and TPP work great in games suited to their respective strengths. DOOM benefits from FPP. The game is about shooting. It's avatar is a generic any-dude space marine, and the player can easily forget about them, and get into the running & gunning aspect that is the game itself.

Someone mentioned Arx Fatalis a while back, and that is the only RPG that I know of that pulled off using FPP fairly well... though IMO it was not the best choice, and succeeded in spite of it; it was simply a mechanically good RPG. Arx was an unofficial spiritual successor to Ultima Underworld, and as such it is not surprising that they went with FPP.

FPP is bad for RPGs, because it seeks to put the player in the place of the character; the character becomes them, instead of the other way around. There will be two types of players, those who want to live in the Cyberpunk world, and those who want to extrapolate a native character living there—unlike the player themselves; reacting as their personality and experiences would dictate. TPP better shows the native-born character in their own world, acting out their choices. FPP shows what it's like to live in the world as if you belonged there yourself. There is a big difference to the roleplayer.

By far the biggest two annoyances I had with the Witcher sequels was [first] that Geralt lost his pragmatism when they changed the potion/alchemy system; from quaffing potions in the midst of conflict where the effect would suit him—to kneeling in the dirt in advance, hoping the effect would suit him later. Second was the loss of the triple camera system, and the ability to direct Geralt, rather than puppeteer him like a marionette on strings. Suddenly Geralt went from being a master swordsman to being a fop swinging a sword at whatever was in front of him; a Drowner, a tree, a thug, a wagon. Geralt was hamstrung by the player's variable ability to play the combat mini-game. One could no longer extrapolate how Geralt (the veteran monster slayer) would react—they had to manually puppet his actions. I lost interest in the franchise after the first (the defining) title of the series. I did not like the clumsy manual control of Geralt in the sequels, and I don't want to manually puppet a cyberpunk's behavior in first person.

Cyberpunk 2077 sounds like it will be yet another hiking/driving simulator set in a very impressive era-simulation of 2077— not unlike the concept of the Westworld film, with its West-world, and Roman-world, and Medieval-world; this will be Future-world, and if all it is is a stream-of-consciousness-sim that imitates these others, then I am not interested. No TPP is usually a deal-breaker for me with RPGs.

Last edited:

Mebrilia the Viera Queen

"Oh no guys, please brigade CDPR for me because I have motion sickness and can't play first person ga--"

I absolutely can't stand first person ga-

Even Fallout, especially in comb-.

Ah wow.... LOL LOL LOL...

I can play fallout but indeed doom give me motion sickness.. Not every FPP game give me motion sickness though... There are also TPP that gives me motion sickness such Rise of the tomb raider... By the way madqueen was describing her issue... it seemed serious.... but well if you are able to a fast paced shaky shooter like doom i honestly don't see problems in the majority of the other FPP games.

hahaha... omg can't believe misses those i will autoretard me this time:retarded:

Last edited by a moderator:

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
theoretical capabilities of camera

That doesn't exist today. With same success I can talk about "theoretical capabilities of writing" that can turn you into frog if you read some forbidden tome (with only exception that is somehow closer to truth).

If you wanna go with that logic, it should be the opposite.

You completely doesn't understand....

By far the biggest two annoyances I had with the Witcher sequels was [first] that Geralt lost his pragmatism when they changed the potion/alchemy system; from quaffing potions in the midst of conflict where the effect would suit him—to kneeling in the dirt in advance, hoping the effect would suit him later. Second was the loss of the triple camera system, and the ability to direct Geralt, rather than puppeteer him like a marionette on strings. Suddenly Geralt went from being a master swordsman to being a fop swinging a sword at whatever was in front of him; a Drowner, a tree, a thug, a wagon. Geralt was hamstrung by the player's variable ability to play the combat mini-game. One could no longer extrapolate how Geralt (the veteran monster slayer) would react—they had to manually puppet his actions. I lost interest in the franchise after the first (the defining) title of the series.

Absolutely YES.

Last edited:
from 4chan, idk if true or fake

>media class was considered and was done to about 25% until it was realized that it was too difficult to make it work
>noimad class will be considered for a possible DLC depending on sales
>Playe rhouse is in, howeever not customizable. House customization was dropped because it made cutscenes happening in the house too difficult to make in the current engine
>Several voice options were originally planned but were scrapped later, the final build has one voice for male and one for female player character
>Player can use the metro to move inside the city, playewr can have interactions with NPCs while riding the metro
>level cap is 20, player gets to choose a specialization perk every 5 levels
>customizable playlist similar to MGS5
>body types include an extremely fat body type as well as a "hulk" type
>each limb is divided into 3 sections for cybernetic implants
Nothing of this sounds too far fetched, frankly.

Mr. Hiver

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
The graphical fidelity sufficiently good to show detailed and nuanced facial expressions has been present since Half Life 2. And it has improved a lot since then.

Its not the issue of advances in graphics at all. Although the whole argument about how FP is awesome and able to do stuff - but its probably maybe going to be possible in the future is complete nonsensical idiocy by itself.

The issue and the actual reason why it isnt done now, when that kind of fidelity is actually possible and present in many games - is because the audience doesnt get it.
If you make it nuances and detailed and minimalistic enough players are going to miss it, they will be confused by it, they wont be able to differentiate between details that are not important, only slightly important, moderately important and very important. So then you end up needing to make it obvious, overblown and simple enough, which defeats the whole idea, of course.

It would also mean singling out one specific kind of design and applying it across every game, which is an absurd idea in on itself.
The matter only becomes exponentially worse and even more self destructive when envisioned in any kind of RPgs, even action-shooter hybrids, let alone actual RPGs where skills and abilities are supposed to matter.

Aim1ess

Novice
I think I get the difference in perspective preference now. Reading these posts there are 2 different modes of thought about CRPGs from the people that prefer first or third person(I'll basically be ignoring the fact that both mechanically have advantages and disadvantages.)

People with FPP preference, such as myself, imagine they are acting out a role. I am not necessarily playing myself in the world(though that is an option) but trying to "become the role" like an actor in character.

People that generally prefer TPP view it as a directorial experience. They want to tell the pixels what to act out instead of playing the part themselves.

This would be essentially the difference between people playing PnP RPG saying "I _____" or "my character ______."

Extrapolating from that I'd bet more TPP people prefer(or have no qualms about) controlling multiple characters in combat, while FPP prefer to only control their own character, no matter the party size.

Last edited:

Shilandra

Learned
Mebrilia I'm sorry you had to put up with me like that yesterday but thank you for being a good sport anyway. My head still hurts but I know what you were trying to get across yesterday now and I agree with you. As an at least partial simulation of real life it only makes sense for people to have their own sexual preferences and not let everyone be bi. The only surprise for me is learning that making everyone bi is supposed to be an sjw virtue signal. I was under the impression that sjws absolutely abhorred the everyone is bi thing because it takes away from the opportunity to have special gay only characters with special socially conscious gay only stories. I thought wanting everyone to be bi was a more mainstream opinion so that casual gamers could fuck who they want to fuck without running into a blond-haired, blue eyed, big tittied gaywall. I think my own personal frustrations with running into cute straight girls bled into that perception which may have made me miss sojus advocating for bi's only, though im still having trouble imagining this given how obsessed they are with wanting gays and gay specific stories in games.

The graphical fidelity sufficiently good to show detailed and nuanced facial expressions has been present since Half Life 2. And it has improved a lot since then.

Its not the issue of advances in graphics at all. Although the whole argument about how FP is awesome and able to do stuff - but its probably maybe going to be possible in the future is complete nonsensical idiocy by itself.

The issue and the actual reason why it isnt done now, when that kind of fidelity is actually possible and present in many games - is because the audience doesnt get it.
If you make it nuances and detailed and minimalistic enough players are going to miss it, they will be confused by it, they wont be able to differentiate between details that are not important, only slightly important, moderately important and very important. So then you end up needing to make it obvious, overblown and simple enough, which defeats the whole idea, of course.

It would also mean singling out one specific kind of design and applying it across every game, which is an absurd idea in on itself.
The matter only becomes exponentially worse and even more self destructive when envisioned in any kind of RPgs, even action-shooter hybrids, let alone actual RPGs where skills and abilities are supposed to matter.

I believe I already understand your position on this hiver but i'd like to ask. Do you think cyberpunk could be a candidate for a game that has uniquely qualified properties to take proper advantage of the stuff you mention? I mean, lets take a Perception stat for an example. In FPP not investing in that stat can have literal impacts on how you perceive the world. Sounds can be more muted, distances and people can be more blurry, ect. Likewise maxing it would enhance sounds, make different movements and expressions more obvious (Like a sorta after image echo if someone defensively crosses their arms when their lying or afterimage echos when they uncomfortable shifting from foot to foot. Taking it even further having enough perception and consitution could allow you to install a cyber eye that examines more stuff like heart and perspiration rates. The stats would justify bringing extra attention to these things while also assuring the stats have a meaningful purpose that actually meshes with the FPP instead of existing in spite of it.

Shilandra

Learned
I think I get the difference in perspective preference now. Reading these posts there are 2 different modes of thought about CRPGs from the people that prefer first or third person(I'll basically be ignoring the fact that both mechanically have advantages and disadvantages.)

People with FPP preference, such as myself, imagine they are acting out a role. I am not necessarily playing myself in the world(though that is an option) but trying to "become the role" like an actor in character.

People that generally prefer TPP view it as a directorial experience. They want to tell the pixels what to act out instead of playing the part themselves.

This would be essentially the difference between people playing PnP RPG saying "I _____" or "my character ______."

Extrapolating from that I'd bet more TPP people prefer(or have no qualms about) controlling multiple characters in combat, while FPP prefer to only control their own character, no matter the party size.

I think you've generally got it right. When you are imagining acting out the role via FPP how do you feel about abilities and skills? By that I mean stuff like main stats str, int, per, ect. How do you think they should come into play when it comes to what your character can do? What about more specific stuff like diplomacy, accuracy or tumble stats? Do you feel that there are ever clashes between player agency and character limits that first person exacerbates? How do you view more curated reactivity typically seen in TPP/isometric based more on character than player limits vs more free-form and player generated reactivity that's less world responsive as seen more frequently in FPP games (also not saying these different types of reactivities cant often be seen in the other respective perspective.)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom