Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Last Of Us 2 - now with protagonist-murdering trannies

Burning Bridges

Enviado de meu SM-G3502T usando Tapatalk
in school we used to say: "a nose like a glass cutter"

Reinhardt

Arcane
So evul white nazis killed (((innocent lesbian))) and now another lesbian will avenge her death?

Felix

Arcane
hmm.jpg

We need a jew rating!

Alexios

Augur
Patron
I just think it's funny that, even after it's been commonplace for years now to have games be overly "cinematic" with tons of cutscenes, the gameplay itself now feels like it's more of a cutscene than actual gameplay.

Egosphere

Arcane
The first one was bad. The story and world made no sense: you run an errand for literal terrorists who spend time getting blown up hundreds of miles away from their lab, a city in a post-apoc setting survives by killing people who travel through it and stealing their shit, a story revolving around finding a vaccine for zombies even when anyone who wants to survive can do so with ease just by building a base etc. It was also about 60% non interactive cinematics or walking with a surfeit of those 'i cri evritim' scenes

imweasel

Yeah, the story was really stupid and nonsensical and I often found myself scratching my head. That said, it is hard to believe that Sony gave SJW Neil Cuckmann more creative freedom to turn the series into a postapocalyptic LGBT simulator.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
the Seraphites, as in followers of the Seraphim (angels from the highest ranks of Heaven in Abrahamic religions).

Ellie will kill all of them.

And then she will go to Hell and kill all of the demons as well.

Gerrard

Arcane
This is actually p. Hot. Whats the issue here?

I remember when putting lesbians into stuff was a male fetish/fantasy thing. Calista Flockhart and Lucy Liu making out was considered pandering to sexual perversion; now it would be celebrated as progressive.

Around and around it goes.
It's only progressive if they are ugly.
If that girl was a dude she'd be a textbook example of unfuckable.

Also why was the thread title changed?

Ebonsword

Arcane
On another note, they said this game will be about hate. I had originally thought Joel will get killed, and she will be out for revenge. Now I think it will be her lover shown in this video.

Certainly not, because that would only reinforce the "gay, especially lesbian, relationships are only portrayed to end tragic" trope, which tumblr doesn't approve of.

Tumblr often doesn't approve of reality.

MapMan

Arcane
I just think it's funny that, even after it's been commonplace for years now to have games be overly "cinematic" with tons of cutscenes, the gameplay itself now feels like it's more of a cutscene than actual gameplay.
The reason why the 'gameplay' trailer feels more like a cutscene is because of the camera work. Watch it again and pay attention to how the camera works. Even if the gameplay is real (more or less), the camera work makes it look like a cinematic, like a movie. When you get an actual unedited gameplay footage, you can instantly tell it's real and that's because the camera is controlled by the player and it follows the player around in a 'rigid' way.

As to the game itself... Well. I love the first game. Sure, the story is nothing exceptional but it's good enough to suspend my disbelief and help me immerse myself in the game world. The environments are great, gun play is real good and chaotic. On hardest difficulty you really feel like fighting for survival. Sure, the puzzles are really stupid and dynamic item drops don't work in favor of trial & error learning. Regardless, I find the game to be really good. The multiplayer component was also really solid.

For TLOU2, well, I suspect the game will be good but I'm really worried about the story and setting. In TLOU1, the interactions between Ellie and Joel really worked. It was a fun relationship to follow and see how it grows. We knew little about both. We knew Joel's family is dead and he's bitter. We knew Ellie lost her family too. And that's not only all we needed to know, it's actually all we wanted to know. The decline started with the DLC where they showed Ellies backstory which added NOTHING to the overall story and did not develop the character in ANY way. The fact that she's a lesbian has no real meaning in the context of the game. And now, in the second installment, they felt that shoving it down our throats was one of the most important things to do?

Seriously, if Neil Druckman (or whatever he's called) thinks that the way to make a good female role model is to make her a lesbian then I have no further questions, your honor.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
At first I thought the story would go the virtue signal road (it still can I guess) by watching the trailer. Evil anti-gay cultists kills her girlfriend, now time for revenge! But then I read that she is actually a carrier of the virus, and the virus is transmitted via saliva. So that trailer kiss might have been the kiss of death. Maybe the infection spreads through the colony and everyone dies? So with that story we might get a super guilt ridden protagonist with nothing to lose. Could be interesting.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
At first I thought the story would go the virtue signal road (it still can I guess) by watching the trailer. Evil anti-gay cultists kills her girlfriend, now time for revenge! But then I read that she is actually a carrier of the virus, and the virus is transmitted via saliva. So that trailer kiss might have been the kiss of death. Maybe the infection spreads through the colony and everyone dies? So with that story we might get a super guilt ridden protagonist with nothing to lose. Could be interesting.

The story of a cursed lesbian. This has potential.

imweasel

^
Plot twist: Ellie isn't a lesbian, but a lesbian hunter. She is on a personal mission to give lesbians in postapocalyptic America the kiss of death.
rating_shittydog.gif

I remember when putting lesbians into stuff was a male fetish/fantasy thing.
It's only progressive if they are ugly.
Well yeah, if Ellie and especially her girlfriend weren't fucking butt ugly dykes, then heterosexual men could find that scene appealing. SJWs can't let that happen.

Last edited by a moderator:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom