Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter ATOM RPG - Wasteland Soviet style! - now with Dead City update

Will you back?

• I will consider it!

Votes: 39 54.9%
  • No! I would never!..

Votes: 9 12.7%
  • kingcomrade

Votes: 23 32.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
Find the vodka chip quest
So there will be Vodka (waterka?) merchants who will own Vodka reservoirs and sell Vodka to the thirsty people of Soviet wastes?

Can we also have Vodka flask for hardcore mode where we have to make sure lvl of vodka in our body never drops below certain point unless we want to die of depression and soberism?

sstacks

Arcane
ATOM RPG Early Access #3 - Otradnoye

We fight rats and get a job to root out a rat of a different kind. Reading books can make you streetwise. Mutant spiders, wasps and ants make good fishbait once you know how. I fixed your water pump but I'm not an altruist, Comrade Pops.

sstacks

Arcane
hey Atomboy the game now stays fullscreen even if I change the option (at least for me). I imagine you know but passing along

Tancred

Learned
zDwTztU.jpg

Context: I accidentally provoked the farmer while trying to find out the real story about Masha's grave. There was a text-based physical fight between us, with lots of attribute/skill checks – actually really well done! Haven't seen anything else in the game like it, Atomboy you can take that as an invitation to do more of these.

Then his family went hostile: the son tried to avenge his father, the daughter hysterically rushed me and the mother tried to flee (her body is out of sight behind the house). I also killed the animals just in case someone with a Pet Pal perk wanders past.

Now I have to drink lots of vodka and try not to think about what a monster I am.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
I understand that the game is trying to emulate Fallout as faithfull as possible but for the love of God! please change the list view trading inventory. It was bad then and it's bad now.

Also please remove the Pet Pal perk. I don't know if it's in the game but if it is then remove it. Talking with deathclaws was retarded as well.

Other than this, I think it looks really good.

Tancred

Learned
I understand that the game is trying to emulate Fallout as faithfull as possible but for the love of God! please change the list view trading inventory. It was bad then and it's bad now.

Also please remove the Pet Pal perk. I don't know if it's in the game but if it is then remove it. Talking with deathclaws was retarded as well.

I was just making a DOS-influenced joke when I mentioned 'pet pal'. There's nothing like that in the game.

Also agreed about the inventory UI, it's been brought up before and they said they were looking at changing it. We'll see if that happens.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik

I was just making a DOS-influenced joke when I mentioned 'pet pal'. There's nothing like that in the game.

Also agreed about the inventory UI, it's been brought up before and they said they were looking at changing it. We'll see if that happens.

Thanks.

dmonin

Arcane
Patron
Developer
Make the Codex Great Again!
I suppose they will back to UI after quests and props.

And this is one of prototype of the new UI. It was posted in Dec 2016

RdUebj8.jpg

HIV92ml.jpg

hdSrLmU.jpg

6iWGxLq.jpg

Atomboy

Atom Team
Developer
Oof guys! Time really flies when you're making ATOM. I'm real sorry for keeping you without answers for so long. Now, let's get to it!!!

can you target the groin with aimed shots or what?

You're not the first to ask this! Each time we get this question we get to thinking. It's easy to implement. It's fun. It can lead to funny death scenes and quotes. Every day is planned ahead at least until August, though. But I reckon we'll do it one day. Maybe even make a big deal out of it? Here come's Atom: The Groin Edition! We'll try, anyway. Idk why we didn't have it in the first place tbh.

I'd love a low int option.
It's here and there currently. Not too much of it, but we already have one NPC that won't talk with you unless you're a dummy, and some dialogue options here and there. Not Fallout level, but there will be much more situations for a low int in the future.

Tried it out game has lot of potential. Locations need to be much more fleshed out. Vodka should also be lot more powerful and rare fought over resource between factions considering historically that what all eastern euros conflicts were about.
Thanks, man! Locations are WIP, we're always discussing new depth-enhancing effects. Some will be implemented as an optional feature really soon. And the borders won't be leading into Nothing. That's gonna be covered up :D A large update we got planned in like 2 or 3 updates from now will be touching upon power struggles over a fabulous resource. Not vodka, though :D Vodka is always plentiful and flows like a river! Not the good stuff, though. But still passable vodka!

hey Atomboy the game now stays fullscreen even if I change the option (at least for me). I imagine you know but passing along

Yes! Should be fixed after the patch, tho!

There will actually be some changes made, probably. Not long ago we were discussing the option of making it double-row so you don't click around as much. Thanks a bunch!
Also, on pet-pal... I see you were joking...
But there will be a way to talk with animals :D Not the evil ones, but something like a pig or a cow. If you really want to. You'll have to poison yourself though and it's a temporary effect described as a hallucination in-game.

so what exactly makes this game spicy over others?
If you mean over other fallouts - hey! It's Slavic! Soviet Russia fallout, comrade! Live the life you never had to, in the Motherland Wasteland! Have a dog and some AKs while you're at it!
If you mean over other slavic fallouts - we didn't run away with the Kickstarter money :D Ah, and also we're actually making the game, not pretending we do! And ours won't be scrapped half-way in dev, or turn into a battle royal fps, that's always a good thing! Check it out!

QUOTE="Tancred, post: 5665542, member: 22161"]

Context: I accidentally provoked the farmer while trying to find out the real story about Masha's grave. There was a text-based physical fight between us, with lots of attribute/skill checks – actually really well done! Haven't seen anything else in the game like it, Atomboy you can take that as an invitation to do more of these.

Then his family went hostile: the son tried to avenge his father, the daughter hysterically rushed me and the mother tried to flee (her body is out of sight behind the house). I also killed the animals just in case someone with a Pet Pal perk wanders past.

Now I have to drink lots of vodka and try not to think about what a monster I am.[/QUOTE]

I love to read reports like this one :) Truly an RPG moment! Text-based fighting isn't too prominent right now, but I try to include it at least once in every update I get to write for. So now there's like 3 or 5 in game.

GvbXLLH.gif

Will you have any cool death animations?

Sorry Atomboy, I can't resist!
In Sands of Space you will get similar cool death animations :D

We already got some, and there will be more! Oh, there will be much more!

If I missed someone - it's just because I literally missed you with my eyes, not because you're not worth answering! I'll re-read the topic again later! And now for the next page!

Atomboy

Atom Team
Developer
Talking with deathclaws was retarded as well.
10694.jpg

Atomboy
Don't listen to him, he is a Deathclaw.

Lol! I think we got something that will please both pet haters and talking death claws.
In some future update you''ll get to craft a special mushroom based narcotic which you'll learn how to make through cryptic and unknown ways. It will let you chat with pigs, some cows, a dog or two while tripping out. You will later fall over and maybe die. We're using this thing as a device to let especially smart players pass a few quests by interrogating animals.

////////////

Now, when I think I finally replied to everyone, I'll leave you again for a week or so. This next update we're making right now, it's gonna be special. While I'm writing for it, I constantly have the Codex in mind. The Codex, and maybe also a certain small restaurant way back in DC...
triangle_spiral_by_10binary-d3hyoke.png

Last edited:

Atomboy

Atom Team
Developer
Hey, ya'll!
Just finished writing this update text for our Steam page. Why not post it here as well?

Hey, guys! It's almost the end of the month, so we decided to share our plans with you all!
This time, a lot of new content awaits you. For example:

- New encounters
- New NPCs (30+)
- 3 New locations
- New craftable weapons
- New balance modifications
- New cutscene features will be implemented
- New cinematics introducing new locations

We'll finally populate Peregon. We will also continue the main quest line.

Also, after listening to your suggestions, we modified the interface. Items will now be in two rows. We also made changes in the visual depiction of items - they now correctly light up when on the ground. A new secret ability was also added for the player. You now get to interact with animals more! In other words, we're working close to our limits!

Since this update is going to be one of the biggest in our game's history, it will take a little more time than average. New content will come out on 10/07.

Thanks for sticking with us!

It's gonna be really cool, trust me! Why, no more than 10 minutes ago I wrote a stat-dependent text quest that involves you catching an annoying bee for a nervous paper pusher. Or siding with the bee, to inflict bites on this poor man! Only in Atom, you guys! Also, more hidden messages. And a couple of guys are going out of their way to finally make the knuckle fighter a feasible build.

STAY TUNED

Invictus

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Divinity: Original Sin 2
This looks very cool reminded me of the Fall game from a couple of years ago which was a damn decent game

This looks very cool reminded me of the Fall game from a couple of years ago which was a damn decent game
More like 14 years ago, but yes, time does fly...

That game didn't want to work with the graphics card I had back then, maybe I ought to give it another try.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom