Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Cyberpunk 2077 Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Good art ...changes you, it shapes minds and ideologies, it's not simply entertainment, if it was it wouldn't have been censored so heavily by authoritarian regimes.

Which is not what you want imposed on your character hero. If you disagree tell me how much any of you would like your character getting raped in a cut scene without ability to do anything about it.

A Dance with Rogues.
Music maybe,paintings...sure,books yeah, but calling games and movies art is a crime in it self mate. Both are the jizz of some pseudo intellectual cunts that couldn't do real art. How did dumpsterfire change your on look on the modern society?

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
I said good art. And yes, games and films are art, I wouldn't have been the same person had I not played games and I know that for a fact.

NullFlow

Savant
Maybe they won't have people screaming nigger if your character is black, and bitch cunt whore if you're a female so much, but still have gratuitous racism and sexism depicted differently. Then again, this is Cyberpunk where it's more about being against the corporate man, and set in California where 50% of the state will be Mexicans or some sperm cocktail mix of every race, and have 300 genders, so priorities you know?

Jason Liang

Arcane
The problem with that Lara scene was that it implied she actually got raped and that it will be presented graphically as gratuitous schlock.
It was cheap, stupid, and done for moronic subhuman arshole reasons, which were then attempted to be covered up as "presenting the issue yo..."
Which is not what you want imposed on your character hero. If you disagree tell me how much any of you would like your character getting raped in a cut scene without ability to do anything about it.

And i dont mean some "sexy chick" youve been salivating over for years on the screen but, your character.

There is showing it and then there is showing it. It depends on exactly HOW you show it.

NSFW: https://www.studiofow.com/movie/2
cd6acd318804432.jpg

025cb0311574050.jpg

Image2.jpg

Last edited:

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
Maybe they won't have people screaming nigger if your character is black, and bitch cunt whore if you're a female so much

Maybe they should, but that's not the problem with bigotry, words can only do so much. It's about being ostracized, legally inferior, forcefully pushed into ghettos by systems and attitudes that enable such a thing, thrown out on the street, disowned by your parents, even killed and other such lovely things. Being called a nigger faggot or some such pales in comparison. How they would depict that in a game, I don't know, but given the length of them they certainly could.

Last edited:

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Will chargen take into account the fact that some people have tiny penises? Penis-handicapping is a real issue.

Xeon

Augur
Man, the AngryJoe Interview makes it sounds amazing, I think its the first interview I saw so far with the creator and he is also approving it. Kinda hyping me up about everything.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Man, the AngryJoe Interview makes it sounds amazing, I think its the first interview I saw so far with the creator and he is also approving it. Kinda hyping me up about everything.
People can say what they want about AngryJoe, but this was the best conducted interview yet. Probably has to do with the fact that it included Pondsmith.

a cut of domestic sheep prime

Joe is embarrassingly popamole, but it does sound p awesome.

odrzut

Arcane
how much any of you would like your character getting raped in a cut scene without ability to do anything about it.

I don't care? My character was murdered or beaten up thousands times, imprisoned dozens of times, and I didn't care. Why should I treat rape specially?

There is some weird shit going on with rape. It's not "worse than death". It's not "worse than torture". It's evil, but it's not special.

NullFlow

Savant
Joe is someone to be wary of because of how in bed he is with CDPR. He's basically their cheerleader and loud YouTube star presence since he promoted TW3. Hell, he even got a small easter egg as one of the three named trolls you find in a cave.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Maybe they won't have people screaming nigger if your character is black, and bitch cunt whore if you're a female so much

Maybe they should, but that's not the problem with bigotry, words can only do so much. It's about being ostracized, legally inferior, forcefully pushed into ghettos by systems and attitudes that enable such a thing, thrown out on the street, disowned by your parents, even killed and other such lovely things. Being called a nigger faggot or some such pales in comparison. How they would depict that in a game, I don't know, but given the length of them they certainly could.
Not to the modern crowd,calling someone names is the worst offence eva!

That aside,it is really sad that we have to turn every thread in to this political shit,we truly live in shitty times. Really miss the simple times long gone,where you command five pixels and try to poke holes in other pixels.

Xeon

Augur
Someone earlier in the thread said people can change their skin color like a black man becoming white and a man becoming a woman and vice versa, if that's a common place in the world then I don't see how calling someone a nigger or a whore makes sense or something.

Its probably all about power and money more than politics or something.

Kev Inkline

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Someone earlier in the thread said people can change their skin color like a black man becoming white and a man becoming a woman and vice versa, if that's a common place in the world then I don't see how calling someone a nigger or a whore makes sense or something.

Its probably all about power and money more than politics or something.
There are things like the Kennedys - a gang whose every member looks like JFK, so you are definitely not bound by the looks you are born with. http://cyberpunk.wikia.com/wiki/Boostergangs

Then again,

Typical Hate Gang: Red Codex Chrome Legion (Red Chromen) — They are white supremacists.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2018/06/14/cyberpunk-2077-interview-e3-2018/

A chat with CD Projekt Red about the romances, flying cars and hacking of Cyberpunk 2077

cyberpunk-2077-interview-6-620x300.jpg

The demo for Cyberpunk 2077 shown to press at E3 was pretty neat. It displayed CD Projekt Red’s upcoming first-person neo-noir RPG as a promising city of cybernetically enhanced mercenaries, dodgy information brokers, and corporate maniacs. Without a doubt, that demo will be shown to the rest of the public soon. For now, you can read my impressions or come with me right now, for a chat with one of the developers.

Maciej Pietras is the game’s lead cinematic animator. He was fairly tight-lipped about certain things, but did speak to me about Night City’s cars, the game’s romantic entanglements, and the hacking abilities of main character, V.

RPS: How do you bring variety to such a big environment as an animator? You’ve got a lot to do in terms of the people.

Maciej Pietras: When it comes to the animations and the systems, we’re trying to create a seamless experience, where you don’t actually see the big difference between the gameplay and cinematics. We’re trying to make the transitions as seamless as possible… This is actually the biggest part of our challenge. We’re trying to really express the world, the interactivity, the NPCs, as fluidly as possible…

RPS: So that’s how the dialogue will work in the final thing? You just walk up and talk to someone, no freezing, no zooming in, or whatever. But what happens if there’s an interruption for example?

Pietras: When it comes to interruptions… we revised the Witcher 3 system and we’re trying to find a way where it’s seamless as possible. We’re working on creating this weird feeling… where if a person is still talking to you, she can be interrupted, that’s what we’re trying to do.

RPS: So you can allow for it, and then they’ll just return to the point they were making?

Pietras: For instance, yes, yeah.

cyberpunk-2077-interview-3-620x300.jpg

RPS: The driving can be in first-person or third-person. But for the car’s handling, are you going to do the thing from Witcher 3 where you can hold down a button and it will auto-steer. Like when Roach, your horse, just followed the road?

Pietras: When it comes to driving and systems, I think all I can say right now is that this is something we’re really working hard to make it as seamless as possible to be able to drive through the city, and I think in the demo you also saw the combat situation from the car, yeah? So this also part of one of the systems we have. You will be able to get out of the car, start shooting from the top of it, and it’s all systemic… The cars have to feel heavy… and we’re trying to recreate that realistic feeling of driving a car…. When it comes to [automatic road following] it’s too early to tell.

RPS: We didn’t die in that demo but –

Pietras: You will be able to die in the game!

RPS: But will it be a normal “game over” style death or is it going to be something a little more creative in terms of Cyberpunk? Something like Altered Carbon, where you haven’t really died?

Pietras: You will be ‘dieable’ in the game.

RPS: So just a game over screen.

Pietras: Yeah, like if you die in the game you die in the game, it’s a game over. Having said that, I can’t tell you more about that because that would be telling you too much about the story.

cyberpunk-2077-interview-5-620x349.jpg

RPS: In terms of that story, how much of it do you want to be a critique of the corporate world and how much of it do you want to be just good fun? A good romp?

Pietras: This is cyberpunk. Cyberpunk is a super… narrative-driven game. And since the world, as you said already, is ruled by the megacorps, and on the bottom of the ladder you have the lowlifes – you know, the psychogangs – and in the middle there’s a struggle of trying to stay afloat. I truly believe that the story will be touching those themes. Because, to put it simply, if you’re living in a dystopian world, you’re fighting to stay yourself. In this game you’re playing as V, the mercenary, who just started to work in the city, to push through the city to find your own path, and this is a thing that we’ll be able to show you all the problems of society in this game. But also all the ways that the psychogangs fight against each other and how the mega corporations are ruling the world… but when it comes to details of the story I can only [say so much].

RPS: You’re always playing as V, the main character, whether you’re male or female, but you can change how you appear, how you look.

Pietras: Yes, in the character creation process you’re able to create all your appearances, the skin colour, hairstyles, faces, body types, but also you define there your classical RPG stats. Your attributes, abilities and perks.

RPS: One of these [characteristics] is “Cool” – what does that mean?

Pietras: [laughs] I will have to refer you to the Cyberpunk 2020 rule book, how it defines cool.

cyberpunk-2077-interview-2-620x349.jpg

RPS: You can also have different backstories. Can you give us some examples of those?

Pietras: The main thing about backstories is that, since we’re creating a game in which you’re making your own character… you want, as a player, to be able to create anything, to play as anyone. And choosing your backstory is one of those first choices you make in the game, and … there are going to be consequences of those choices throughout the story. But when it comes to details of those backstories I’m sorry I can’t [tell you].

RPS: No debt collector origins? Maybe your family was killed in a terrorist bombing? Anything!?

Pietras: [laughs] What! What was that last one?

RPS: Your family was killed in a terrorist bombing. What? That’s the kind of thing that would happen in a game.

Pietras: That’s a very dark, very cyberpunkish thing you just said…

RPS: Hire me.

cyberpunk-2077-interview-4-620x300.jpg

RPS: Jackie is the big character who accompanies V. Is that a constant character who’ll be with you throughout, or will characters drop in and out, like in The Witcher? Will you have companions that come and go?

Pietras: Yeah, like even in the demo, he wasn’t with you the whole time. The person you had sex with in the demo, who you woke up with, that wasn’t Jackie, right. So he’s not always with you. He’s one of the main NPCs. Jackie is… super interesting [and] is involved deeply in the story. This is actually the approach we do when it comes to the NPCs that you have relationships with. They are not just NPCs, they are vessels that answer your questions about your choices and how you want to progress through the story, and your relationships with them are important.

RPS: That’s romancing confirmed.

Pietras: Yeah! If you want to talk romancing I can talk romancing.

RPS: Tell me about romancing!

Pietras: My own!? [laughs] Sorry, I’m tired.

RPS: That’s fine.

cyberpunk-2077-e3-demo-1-620x300.jpg

Pietras: So yeah when it comes to romances, and dealing with that system: you’re creating a character in the beginning, so you’re choosing a gender. And that choice will matter, especially when it comes to romances… so based on that you will have different choices to romance different NPCs. And with some NPCs you will be engaged with long-lasting romances, but some options will include one night stands and shit.

RPS: Do you mean that characters in the world, some of them will reject you outright based on your gender? Because they’re not straight or gay or whatever?

Pietras: Yeah, right, yeah.

RPS: So those things are set in stone. It’s not like a BioWare game where you can just go with whoever you want? You can’t romance anyone, because they will put a limit on your romance.

Pietras: Yeah of course, because we treat every NPC as a character. So there will be characters who are homosexual, bisexual or heterosexual but they will be obviously responding to your gender and your choices. Because you’re choosing to romance that person, and if you happen to be, I don’t know, a guy, and he happens to be a guy, then yeah [shrugs].

cyberpunk-2077-e3-demo-8-620x349.jpg

RPS: Just out of interest why have you gone with this Destiny style of numbers popping out of the bodies when you shoot enemies? Why not just have a health bar?

Pietras: That’s a very good question. I think to be honest it’s more about the style of the game, you know, we are making a first person role-playing game. As an RPG you have to be able to show the player how much damage his weapons actually do, right? So since you will be able to change your combat style, since there’s a fluid class system, you’ll be able to adjust things on the fly. And this is just one of the visual references we have to show you this weapon does this [amount of] damage to that enemy, and based on this armour, or your weapon and mods, this is how much damage you do.

RPS: Will you be able to fly the flying cars? I need a straight answer.

Pietras: Current means of transportation that I can tell you about, that we are sure of, and that we know we can share with you: obviously you can walk on foot, you can drive a car, and you can drive a motorcycle. When it comes to AVs [aerial vehicles], yes, there will be moments when you will be able to fly AVs but you’re not going to be able to control it because if you refer to the source material, AVs are like the most expensive things in the Cyberpunk 2020 world.

RPS: So it’ll be limited.

Pietras: Yeah. And heavily connected to the story, because this is still the societal struggle, right? Because you’re starting the game as V, who has nothing, and is trying to make a mark in the world, starting from the bottom up.

cyberpunk-2077-e3-demo-7-620x349.jpg

RPS: We saw an example of V hacking a person, to stop their gun from working, for instance. Are there any other examples of stuff like that which you can talk about?

Pietras: Yeah, of course. We call it Netrunning, which is again from the source material, and I think it’s a perfect description because … in the demo you had to hack a terminal first, and through that terminal you gave yourself “Quick Hack” to [apply] during combat on those enemies that you hack. And all while you’re hanging from your mantis blades on the wall, before jumping down and smashing the guy [laughs], so we were actually disabling the guy’s weapons, as you say. But other forms of hacking that I can tell you about for instance, let’s say there’s a turret, you will be able to hack it if that turret is connected to the network. If you hack the network, then you can hack the turret. Netrunning is for, like I say, turrets, weapons… doors, especially connections to different places. Like [there’s] a way to hack security systems, that will then be disabled when you enter the room.

[At this point in the interview, the PR comes in and tells us “last question”.]

RPS: I’m going to ask a cheeky question.

Pietras: Cheeky or tricky?

RPS: Maybe both. There were some murmurs of multiplayer. Can you tell me what’s happening there?

cyberpunk-2077-trailer-still-7-620x300.jpg

Pietras: Currently we are really focusing on developing the fully open-world role-playing game. And what you’re going to get straight from the box will be a fully fledged single-player experience. When it comes to the multiplayer, I’ll be honest, we’re doing some R&D, we’re researching but that’s all I have to say.

RPS: So it might be something added later?

Pietras: [silent poker face]

RPS: No comment!

Pietras: That was your last question!

RPS: You’re like a tricky genie. Thanks for your time.

Roygbiv

Novice
Honestly, this would've made for a better Judge Dredd RPG than anything else.
You have the basic setup for MegaCity 1, and the setting is pretty much the same kinda parody of American cultural supremacy waning.

Mr. Hiver

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
The problem with that Lara scene was that it implied she actually got raped and that it will be presented graphically as gratuitous schlock.
It was cheap, stupid, and done for moronic subhuman arshole reasons, which were then attempted to be covered up as "presenting the issue yo..."

And i dont mean some "sexy chick" youve been salivating over for years on the screen but, your character.

There is showing it and then there is showing it. It depends on exactly HOW you show it.

NSFW: https://www.studiofow.com/movie/2

Except to point out youre a laughable devolved imbecile who is controlled by urges to hurt someones feelings to feed on it, so much so you just imagine succeeding every time and so basically masturbate your ego like a complete imbecile shitstain - is there any other relevance to that cheap porn?

Tell me honey. Let it all out.

Suchy

Arcane
Ok, so there was an example of hacking in the demo. Did anyone ever mention how exactly does it look? Is it some kind of Watch Dogs' style target and push the Button of Awesome, or actually involving in any way? FFS I want Uplink style hacking in a game finally.

Jason Liang

Arcane
Except to point out youre a laughable devolved imbecile who is controlled by urges to hurt someones feelings to feed on it, so much so you just imagine succeeding every time and so basically masturbate your ego like a complete imbecile shitstain - is there any other relevance to that cheap porn?

Tell me honey. Let it all out.

It's not a bad fap.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom