Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Kingdom Come: Deliverance - Dan Vavra's medieval chad simulator

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
Also: If the entire world is really simulated, why? That's a complete and total waste of CPU cycles and a really shitty decision all in all. If Rattay's NPCs were simulated while I was in Uzhitz, that would mean nothing to me and would just drain my performance for no reason. Keep Rattay deloaded while I am in Uzhitz and then load a time plan from HDD that says where and when a NPC should be when I do go there.

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
What I really want to know is whether the weapons available will include the Bohemian Earspoon.

attachment.php
4ZUe48L.png

The Bohemian Earspoon actually does exist in Kingdom Come: Deliverance! Gary Gygax would approve. :love:

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
Also: If the entire world is really simulated, why? That's a complete and total waste of CPU cycles and a really shitty decision all in all.
That's what people were telling me 20 years ago... Strangely I actually did these things after I was skilled and I had 7 years experience with programming, thus it never slowed down anything.

I thought that slowdown streamers experienced during sleep is just an animation...

Master

Arbiter
Also: If the entire world is really simulated, why? That's a complete and total waste of CPU cycles and a really shitty decision all in all. If Rattay's NPCs were simulated while I was in Uzhitz, that would mean nothing to me and would just drain my performance for no reason. Keep Rattay deloaded while I am in Uzhitz and then load a time plan from HDD that says where and when a NPC should be when I do go there.
This.
Whats the point of actually simulating some peasant a 100 kilometers away? While i would appreciate something as overkill as that, there really is no point especially if the cost is single digit FPS. And i doubt the Czechs were that ballsy. Does the game even do something remotely similar, so that adding breakable branches would crash it? Closest thing to this would be fully cranking up STALKER COPs ALife switch_distance, and even though there the world was reasonably sized, it would still stutter like a motherfucker.

Quillon

Arcane
Around 35 he says if you kill someone he's gone permanently, well I tried that for the heck of it before, when I did prison time after my massacres and got out everyone(probably everyone since I haven't checked one by one) I've killed, was alive and well :/

vazha

Arcane
Around 35 he says if you kill someone he's gone permanently, well I tried that for the heck of it before, when I did prison time after my massacres and got out everyone(probably everyone since I haven't checked one by one) I've killed, was alive and well :/
Can also confirm that even if you kill the named gate guard at Talmberg after finishing the quest associated with him, he is miraculously revived some time after. This game just doesnt allow you to be a proper murderhobo, which is a shame, because sneak killing guards and stealing best gear from armories are by far my fondest memories from playing KCD

Cadmus

Arcane
Smejki can you please explain this:

I'm now about 20 hrs into the game - how will any DLCs impact my playthrough? Will they appear as a new quest I can access anytime or should I need to replay from start? Should I be careful not to finish the game if I want to enjoy the DLC?

Anybody else:
I'm trying alchemy for the first time:
- the recipe for the sleeping potion said: add flower, heat for 1 turn of the clock, add next flower, heat, let cool down and add the last flower

So I try to do it like that but in the end I got nothing from the potion shelf. Were my pauses between turning the clock, heating and adding stuff too long? Or is there a reasonable leeway so I probably fucked up something else? Seems like by the time I place flower in pot and turn the clock and heat the pot the clock is already halfway empty.

Lastly, I purchased some Alechemy II book in Sazava and it says can't read - reading lvl too low you need lvl 5, but it says reading lvl 5 in my stats, what am I doing wrong?

Smejki

Larian Studios, ex-Warhorse
Developer
You don't have to restart your playthrough, however some limitations might apply. For example since (this is no longer a secret) in the first DLC you are rebuilding Pribyslavitz you first have to complete main quest(s) that take place there. The DLC content will be accessible right after that point. Every DLC should come with a "pop-up" (or full screen tutorial as we call it) with info about the DLC. There are two versions of this pop-up window in the first DLC depending on your current progress through the main quest. The window serves two purposes - a) to inform yo about the DLC b) to signal to you that the DLC is installed and that it works properly.

BTW Hardcore mode DLC is a special case. You have to start a new game if you want to play that mode. The whole world (content) and several systems have to be initialized in a different way which is impossible to do on the fly.

Carrion

Arcane
Patron
Anybody else:
I'm trying alchemy for the first time:
- the recipe for the sleeping potion said: add flower, heat for 1 turn of the clock, add next flower, heat, let cool down and add the last flower

So I try to do it like that but in the end I got nothing from the potion shelf. Were my pauses between turning the clock, heating and adding stuff too long? Or is there a reasonable leeway so I probably fucked up something else? Seems like by the time I place flower in pot and turn the clock and heat the pot the clock is already halfway empty.
There's quite a bit of leeway with the timing. I don't think I've ever screwed up a potion because of that. If you fucked up somewhere, you should at least get an "unknown potion" in your inventory, so it sounds like you might've exited the alchemy bench before finishing the job. Did you take a phial from the shelf and use it on the cauldron after getting all the ingredients into the pot?

Lastly, I purchased some Alechemy II book in Sazava and it says can't read - reading lvl too low you need lvl 5, but it says reading lvl 5 in my stats, what am I doing wrong?
The skill requirement is for the alchemy skilll, not reading.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
I was going to finally start to play this game but now I want to wait for this.
Fuck, I'll end up playing it in 2020...

Same here. I wanted to start last week but then learnt about the Hardcore mode. I'm about 20 hours (stopped back in March) in but imma restart coz the game was already getting too easy. Hardcore mode should come out next week.

Beowulf

Arcane
I was going to finally start to play this game but now I want to wait for this.
Fuck, I'll end up playing it in 2020...

Same here. I wanted to start last week but then learnt about the Hardcore mode. I'm about 20 hours (stopped back in March) in but imma restart coz the game was already getting too easy. Hardcore mode should come out next week.

And then you still will have to wait for a patch for the Hardcore mod.
I'm in the same boat, as I wanted to replay it after 1.5 to see if it really changed.

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
Smejki Regarding new From the Ashes DLC, it would really be a missed opportunity and I hope if it already isn't there it may become in future (no way nobody in studio at least thought about putting it in) but will this town of ours have some defensive capabilities (like wooden palisade or watch tower, guard house etc.) and will there be some armed men patrolling the streets aka will it have guards of any sorts? Why would it need all of these protective measures? Because it could be attacked by bandits, Cumans, rival nobles etc. I mean, it can get attacked, right? If none of this is present, what are the chances of it being added later on via patch? Of course you'de be warned about attacks in advance and could invest in all sorts of defenses.

Also legal feudal question. Is this our fief now or are we just the ones in charge in the name of local noble?

And last thing, your UI very much reminds me of Oblivion's but without all the bad parts. I despise modern trend of making UIs in RPG as non-existant and Iphone like as possible because good looking, thematic and functional UI, like well applied make up on woman, can for me transform a game that is 8 to 9 or even more. Your UI is truly excellent and thematic and helps you immerse in this game world so much. Yet one thing that Oblivion's UI had, and was really neat, simple, little thing, and your lacks is tab that shows you all of your faction affiliations and how far have you climbed up the faction ladder. It came with the name of your current rank and little symbol. It added in very stylish way this sense of 'I belong to all these groups, and here what my social status in them is'.

It looked like this (ignore Argonian from Fanta Shokata tribe):

maxresdefault.jpg

Since Henry can become Bailliff and Master Hunstman and what not how about you add a tab in reputation section or seperate one named for example 'Affiliations & Titles' where it would say that Henry is a knight, peasant, refugee, master huntsman, prisoner, owner of an inn etc. and it would be encompanied with small icon, heraldry depicting what that title or position represents? It should be really easy to implement and would add to the immersion and sense of in-game achievements much more. Thoughts?

And last last question: Can we expect promised smithing to return in some form or any other new skill/mini game (more ways to gamble away our money for example) in the future? I believe Vavra even once said that at some point we would be able to own an inn but it was scrapped. Did my mind make that one up or was it real?

Awesome RPG made more awesome and less buggy with each new patch and DLC. Stay Inclined!

Shadenuat

Arcane
My understanding is herbalists were a real thing. They were usually older women collecting, drying and preparing various plants and mushrooms for food or medicine. But I doubt they typically lived deep in the forest, that would be quite ballsy and impractical. Tho I could be wrong.
I don't remember reading about them living in the forest but forest gardens were a thing in medieval times. KCD only lacks some tree farms with rows of trees cut in a specific way to grow long branches for roofs, fences, bows and other stuff. But maybe that wasn't so common in Bohemia.

Beowulf

Arcane
Smejki [...]

Also legal feudal question. Is this our fief now or are we just the ones in charge in the name of local noble?
[...]

I guess since you'll be a bailiff, it's the latter.

There was a rumour circulating, that upon successful completion of the quest with the mines (don't remember the name right now) Sir Ratzig would knight you.
It was especially funny, because it was one of the most buggy questlines, and I haven't found anyone who would complete it without Nemoy being dead (at the time when I was playing the game).

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Smejki [...]

[...]

There was a rumour circulating, that upon successful completion of the quest with the mines (don't remember the name right now) Sir Ratzig would knight you.
It was especially funny, because it was one of the most buggy questlines, and I haven't found anyone who would complete it without Nemoy being dead (at the time when I was playing the game).
I never really understood the quest with the mines. I enter the mines around a desolated town, and suddenly there is a whole new town's worth of people living inside the mines, and they are all armed and attack on sight? Why?

Last edited:

Zdzisiu

Arcane
Smejki [...]

[...]

I never really understood the quest with the mines. I enter the mines around a desolated town, and suddenly there is a whole new town's worth of people living inside the mines, and they are all armed and attack on sight? Why?
Its the mole people!

Cadmus

Arcane
Goddangit, so I think I should wait for the Hardcore mode at least.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom