Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Cyberpunk 2077 Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao

Josh (internally): God I wish I was a freelance like my old pal Chris...

Ou you mean like Chris,the lead writer on dying light? Being a head writer on a AAA game is hardly a freelance mate. Also Josh should get the lubricant ready if he is working for CDPR,those guys actually work a lot.

Perkel

Arcane
From his other interviews he made Pondsmith says his Sony is mostly running things now.

Moink

Cipher
10:20 - another reason why they choose FPP, their new dialogue system, it sounds really interesting, they were talking about it in 2013 but i thought they will cut it

Video games will finally tell me off for staring at a characters breasts, a true golden age.

Latelistener

Arcane
VevywmS.jpg
Considering that Cyberpunk 2077 was rebooted at least 2 times already...
Before the release of Blood and Wine there was only pre-production, and there is a rumor that they scrapped that in 2016.
At the end of 2017 when a bunch of people left they rebooted it the second time, and they were also hiring people on the key positions.

Carrion

Arcane
Patron
Honestly this might be very cool if was done properly. I've always felt that dialogue systems are generally not that dynamic in a sense that you should always stand face to face with the other npcs to have a conversation or in some situations be in a predetermined animation so conversation while moving or looking around is impossible although that kinda take away some stuff like the perception check if the example he mentioned is what they are trying to go for
The dialogue system sounds similar to what Consortium had, and it worked really well there, being one of my favorite things about that game. Not only could you shoot someone in the head in the middle of a conversation, but it was just really neat to be able to discuss something over radio while exploring the ship and repairing things, for example. It also worked seamlessly when talking to multiple characters at once. Most importantly the system allowed you to stay in control of your character at all times, which is something that I very much appreciate, since cutscene paralysis pisses me off to no end.

Keppo

Arbiter
Considering that Cyberpunk 2077 was rebooted at least 2 times already...
Before the release of Blood and Wine there was only pre-production, and there is a rumor that they scrapped that in 2016.
At the end of 2017 when a bunch of people left they rebooted it the second time, and they were also hiring people on the key positions.

No way they rebooted it in at the end of 2017, they would have nothing to show at e3... Also CEO was saying doing investors interview some month ago that at the end of 2017 they reached very important milestone.

Last edited:

Latelistener

Arcane
No way they rebooted it in at the end of 2017, they wouldn't have nothing to show at e3... Also CEO was saying doing investors interview some month ago that at the end of 2017 they reached very important milestone.
They lost at least four important people at the end of 2017: Lead Level Designer, Project Manager, Senior Gameplay Producer and Senior Art Producer. If it's not a reboot, then I don't know what is.
Reboot doesn't mean they scrapped everything though, but technically they didn't show us anything.
That trailer is just a cinematic peice made on the engine.

Kyl Von Kull

The Night Tripper
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
No way they rebooted it in at the end of 2017, they wouldn't have nothing to show at e3... Also CEO was saying doing investors interview some month ago that at the end of 2017 they reached very important milestone.
They lost at least four important people at the end of 2017: Lead Level Designer, Project Manager, Senior Gameplay Producer and Senior Art Producer. If it's not a reboot, then I don't know what is.
Reboot doesn't mean they scrapped everything though, but technically they didn't show us anything.
That trailer is just a cinematic peice made on the engine.

They showed journalists an hour of gameplay. And replacing a bunch of senior people is not rebooting the project. Deciding what you have is junk and starting over nearly from scratch is a reboot. Whatever they have is playable FFS.

GarfunkeL

Racism Expert
And the fact that trailer was fully rendered in-game by the engine means they have loads of art assets done as well. The variety of character designs was insane. I don't think there were any instances of two NPCs looking the same.

Last edited:

Quillon

Arcane
W3's behind closed doors E3 was in 2013 which got a very similar response from media and game released in 2015, now they have more people on a more ambitious project, don't expect anything earlier than 2020 release. Let's hope Adam Badowski rumors were exaggerated :P

KK1001

Arbiter
They're further along in development that most people probably thought. A 2019 release date is possible but 2020 is probably too thematic to pass up right?

They seem well beyond the point of being able to change things, or go back and scrap major segments of the game. "Major milestone" to me implies full-steam-ahead production.

Sentinel

Arcane
W3's behind closed doors E3 was in 2013 which got a very similar response from media and game released in 2015, now they have more people on a more ambitious project, don't expect anything earlier than 2020 release. Let's hope Adam Badowski rumors were exaggerated :P
what rumours?

conan_edw

Arbiter
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Pathfinder: Wrath
In one of YongYea's videos that were supposed to be leaks he said that some of his sources said Adam was interfering in everything even in stuff that he has no knowledge of which is pissing off some people and some started to get on his good side which made some of in-studio politics

Sentinel

Arcane
In one of YongYea's videos that were supposed to be leaks he said that some of his sources said Adam was interfering in everything even in stuff that he has no knowledge off which is pissing off some people and some started to get on his good side which made some of in-studio politics
That's good. He's always interfered since Witcher 1. Better have him keep the dumbass foreigners in check. Can't handle it? Get the fuck out and let the poles do their work.

RepHope

Savant
I suspect it will be cross-gen so late 2019/early 2020 is my guess, considering MS is already working on the next Xbox.

Kev Inkline

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Read Ian McDonald's "River of Gods" set in futuristic India. It's probably the best cyberpunk ever written (better than anything Gibson has created) and it has a very different vibe.
Thanks for the wink, will need to read. Somehow I got a shitty vibe about the setting though.

Kev Inkline

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Is this really the case? People have problems when they see world through eyes of character instead from Third Person? How does that exactly work? Do they have problems as they live with moving&running?
Is it actuall disabillity? I find it hard to believe that perspective may cause such problems.
Yeah, given that you see most of your own life through the first person pov, I would think it's prohibitively hard to live at all. Unless you have a lot of mirrors installed at home, ofc. And never leave home. Which people complaining about these issues quite likely don't do, as a matter of fact.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom