Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Chris Avellone Appreciation Station

Cael

Arcane

Feyd Rautha

Arcane
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
MCA is married, working from home... the struggle is real

His Italian wife makes him a lot of good food...
You don't get that fat from good food! I eat good food and rarely move from the armchair,i gain no more than 5 kilograms per year. You get that fat from nerves and poor food. From the conference he looked like he could be ether fat or buffed.

You're not 45 dude.
Oi mate! Mighty Cleve is 54 and he's real fit! But you have to put in the work

Self-Ejected

Sacred82

Self-Ejected
Dumbfuck

You don't get that fat from good food! I eat good food and rarely move from the armchair,i gain no more than 5 kilograms per year. You get that fat from nerves and poor food. From the conference he looked like he could be ether fat or buffed.

You're not 45 dude.

You want to make a vaporware blobber for 25 years and have any chance of it ever seeing the light of day, son? Better work on those glutes.

TT1

Arcane
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.

Our Master just avoided death

Someone commented this and I laughed hard

RD9UJmD.jpg

Monkey Baron

Arbiter
Patron
I helped put crap in Monomyth

You're not 45 dude.

Work? No amount of work will make you a neandarthal.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Someone (probably Parker) got mad at Avellone for not including enough lesbomancy (as Witcher 2 put it) with Christine in Dead Money.

I got yelled at by one producer as well, who felt the hand squeeze from Christine - who finds it exceedingly difficult to trust anyone and show any affection whatsoever - was not enough and I should be drawn and quartered

Quillon

Arcane
When is Chris coming back to Kingdom of Codexia? Yeah he'll come back close to Indiana launch but why can't we have fun continuously? :negative:

2house2fly

Magister
Someone (probably Parker) got mad at Avellone for not including enough lesbomancy (as Witcher 2 put it) with Christine in Dead Money.

I got yelled at by one producer as well, who felt the hand squeeze from Christine - who finds it exceedingly difficult to trust anyone and show any affection whatsoever - was not enough and I should be drawn and quartered

Oh sorry Chris, sorry the character YOU WROTE had character traits WRITTEN BY YOU which precluded overt affection. How terrible for you.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Avellone reveals who to blame for
2ex79dv.png

https://twitter.com/ChrisAvellone/status/1012615685363515392
in fallout 2 there seems to be more random encounters than Fallout. Is this by design or is the map bigger? Or is purely build?
We had a designer dedicated to random encounters in F2 (Jason Suinn) as it was a LOT of work (everyone, including me, pitched in with Special Encounters, but the standard ones were all Jason). I think he did a great job with it.

I think that guy was likely referring to the encounter rate, which is entirely the fault of the fan patch, which sets the number much too high (to compensate for how you'll likely never see an encounter with an unmodded Fallout 2 because they tied the encounter rate to cpu cycles or something I vaguely recall along those lines).

Fairfax

Arcane

Can't include more than 5, so:

Re: AP:
This is one of my favorite games, bugs and all.

Was stuff cut out of the game? Feels like certain plots were dropped before being resolved.
Yep. Not enough development time (and on my end, should have downscoped earlier, esp. cutting mini games). There were many other production and resource problems and promises, though.
https://twitter.com/ChrisAvellone/status/1013187898944847872

Well, one mistake is that in this case, the Ulysses reference IS an American history reference (which in retrospect, I didn't like as much, even though I know why I chose it).
https://twitter.com/ChrisAvellone/status/1013239181483470848

Thanks, for answering! People were more specifically asking if you ever looked at the kotor comic by JJM because you worked with Dustin on Unseen,Unheard and he ended up drawing on the comic. They were wondering if you would have folded anything from it into 3 if it had happened.
I read the outlines and saw issue #1, but there were no plans to fold it into K3, no, b/c K3 wasn't going to take place in that section of the galaxy. I did enjoy what I read, though.
https://twitter.com/ChrisAvellone/status/1013176770722332673

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Wow, that russian fart is really after MCA's work on Fallout 2 and NV DLCs in his other tweets. I wonder where did MCA touch him.

I always found it disingenious to blame MCA for the over abundence of the 4th wall breaking cultural references. I'm playing the game right no (first time in my life), and there aren't that many IMO. Checking the wiki, there are around 20 of these references. For game this long, this is not that many.

Last edited by a moderator:

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
There are a lot, especially in Avellone's areas. I didn't mind 'em though, I thought they were cute.

f56mns.png

o89guh.png

Though I can certainly see how frustrating this is if you want to take this plot/setting seriously.

esp. cutting mini games

There could have been an Alpha Protocol without minigames. :negative:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom