Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Resident Evil 2 Remake

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Leon is supposed to look very very young and ROOKIE-like, because thats what he was. 1998 pixel graphics wasn't really able to portray that accurately, 2018 graphics are.. deal with it , really.

The faces look real life-like to me, and not some weaboo anime shit.

Egosphere

Arcane
Leon is supposed to look very very young and ROOKIE-like, because thats what he was. 1998 pixel graphics wasn't really able to portray that accurately, 2018 graphics are.. deal with it , really.

The faces look real life-like to me, and not some weaboo anime shit.

Yeah, but why does it look like he has down syndrome now?

Unwanted

†††

Patron
I don't think Leon looks that bad specially compared to the official RE2 artworks, but what's the excuse behind making Claire a goblino?

Resident-Evil-2-Remake-820252.jpg

Resident-Evil-2-remake-claire.png

Bigg Boss

Arcane
Fuck the looks of the characters. How does it play? Is it anything like the last remake? Did I miss footage? Tell me more? I haven't read the thread and my attention span is incredibly...hey look.

*wanders off*

Bigg Boss

Arcane
Fuck the looks of the characters. How does it play? Is it anything like the last remake? Did I miss footage? Tell me more? I haven't read the thread and my attention span is incredibly...hey look.

*wanders off*
It's Resi 2 moulded in Resis 4 image

Oh, well, couldn't go using fixed camera or some craziness like that.

:hahano:

As expected though. The lesson is hope is dead no matter what you like.

Adon

Arcane
I don't know if it's just me, but I get more an Evil Within vibe than RE4; especially with how close up the camera gets when aiming. Seeing as how they're both Shinji Mikami tho, it makes sense either way.

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
yea RE2 also gives me more evil within vibes.

I really liked evil within. solid horror

Wunderbar

Arcane
I don't know if it's just me, but I get more an Evil Within vibe than RE4; especially with how close up the camera gets when aiming. Seeing as how they're both Shinji Mikami tho, it makes sense either way.
Hideki Kamiya directed RE2, not Mikami.

Adon

Arcane
fuck, i hated the demo of Evil Within 2, too many cutscenes.

I meant more the first game than the 2nd.

RE4 does zoom in on the camera too, but not to the extent TEW does where the character can get dwarfed by the camera. Another thing that reminds of TEW on top of dark environments, and having a source of light is how claustrophobic some areas feel. Whereas TEW would partially achieve this by having those black bars, RE2 remake seems to do this by having enclosed spaces, and the wider areas being cluttered with a lot of shit.

Hideki Kamiya directed RE2, not Mikami.

I know. I don't know what that has to do with what I said.

Wunderbar

Arcane
They are just replaying the same short demo over and over.
It's not 7 hours of non-repeating gameplay.

Looks good btw.

Tehdagah

Arcane
Carcinogen is such a bad player, he has no reflexes at all. The way he plays a game is by repeating it over and over again until he memorizes everything and then can plan things in advance, because he's simply bad at quickly judging situation and adapting to new ones. I remember watching him playing Umbrella Chronicles and baffling at him for constantly missing shots and dying at every QTE.

Colour Spray

Educated
I'm way more interested than I was for 7. I love how they're really stretching for that Romero, Day of the Dead, vibe, in the look of the zombies and the gore.

They need to rethink the lack of adventure game style annotations, though. I watched a gameplay video and Leon never remarks about any of the objects you can interact with, despite it being a hallmark of the series and something which greatly enhances your involvement with the setting. At one point I saw him interact with a statue and the game just straight opens up your inventory. Clearly, it's obvious that the three circular shaped grooves are places that you need to insert key items, but it severely undermines the way the gameplay and story-telling are intertwined by skipping ahead to that assumption for you. Just let the player open the inventory themselves and select use. :| Seconds later you get an mmo-style quest prompt explicitly telling you what you need to do.

But yeah, other than that.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom