Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Cyberpunk 2077 Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Dexter

Arcane
Cyberpunk2077_Trauma_Team_in_Action_RGB.jpg

Cyberpunk2077_Doing_Business_RGB.jpg

Cyberpunk2077_Not_Dead_Yet_RGB.jpg

Cyberpunk2077_On_the_Red_Carpet_RGB.jpg

Cyberpunk2077_Street_Life_RGB.jpg

Beowulf

Arcane
Bisexual romance makes sense however, because they don't have to create both male and female NPC models, or hire voice actors to do opposite sex lines. Instead they will change some pronouns, or a few dialogue lines and voilà.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
Those are the worst, what's the point of doing something at least very vaguely taboo if it's not acknowledged like that? Lame. Kinda like the cruel options in PoE2 now, only a single NPC reacted appropriately to my cruelty. I want heated passions and a strive for the forbidden fruit, not a "meh, whatever" reaction all around.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Those are the worst, what's the point of doing something at least very vaguely taboo if it's not acknowledged like that? Lame. Kinda like the cruel options in PoE2 now, only a single NPC reacted appropriately to my cruelty. I want heated passions and a strive for the forbidden fruit, not a "meh, whatever" reaction all around.
:negative: Same goes for the other end,i want to be pillar of normality on a crusade for purity by fire. If it is just a mishmash of random shit thrown together and called normal,it will be just unrealistic and meh. It will be interesting if they make neighbourhoods self segregated by race and culture. But sadly i doubt that it will happen.

Bisexual makes sense because half the chicks in this universe used to be dudes anyway. If we can't get that very important 3rd breast then I'm not buying this game. Baby you make me wish I had 3 hands.
You have a mouth!

odrzut

Arcane
It will be interesting if they make neighbourhoods self segregated by race and culture. But sadly i doubt that it will happen.

In the pamphlet they gave Jesse Cox they described one district as "mostly wealthy latinos"

EDIT: here it is:
ki5QZ7k.jpg

Jarmaro

Liturgist
Let's hope you can be an evil son of a bitch in this one, I crave for a story where you an be a ruthless mercenary with no goody two shoes holding you back. And also let's hope it's not another let's save the world bullshit again, because this trend really needs to die already
They already confirmed it won't be story about saving the world

Last edited:

whydoibother

Arcane
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
So any news about stealth mechanics? The game is obviously going to take inspiration from 3D Fallout games and Deus Ex, and I played through those with "stealth" on my original runs. I think it would fit this game also, but I haven't seen any information released about it, and TW3 didn't have any stealth mechanics.

whydoibother

Arcane
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
TW2 had stealth and it sucked so hard.
It had "stealth" for one mission in the jail break, where your hands were tied. That was more for story telling than for gameplay, and I wouldn't count it. CDPR haven't implemented stealth in any of their games until now, which is why I am asking if they said anything about having it here.
I mean, isn't pistol+stealth the most popular Deus Ex play style for the new games? Isn't non-lethal stealth run the favorite core gamer experience with Deux Ex, a game they surely looked at when developing Cyberpunk 2077? They had to at least consider stealth, surely. Surely. I mean, SURELY.

I'm wondering if we'll see this sooner than originally planned given the negative reaction to it being first person by some who haven't seen it, and the overwhelmingly positive reaction from all the press that have seen it. Right now it looks like not showing it was a really dumb move given how into it eveyone that did see it sounds.

• Game is FPS perspective
  • FPS perspective made to feel more personal
There goes that GTA audience.

Didn't the GTA audience love first person being added into GTAV?

The *COOL* atribute is something like charisma but we still don't know what impact it will have on dialogues or other characters

Maybe like Respect & Sex Appeal in GTA: SA? This has origins like Arcanum, so maybe your Cool attribute will work kind of like Beauty does their, giving NPCs a initially better reaction to you, and maybe let you fuck your way pass certain situations or get access to missions you normally wouldn't have.

Seems like the Cool stat in the original game is about playing it cool:

"This index measures how well the character stands up to stress, pressure, physical pain and/or torture. In determining your willingness to fight on despite wounds or your fighting ability under fire, Cool (CL) is essential. It is also the measure of how 'together' your character is and how tough he appears to others. Rockerboys and Fixers should always have a high Cool with Solos and Nomads having the highest of all."

So maybe here it'll do things like keep your aiming accuracy up while under fire, and make you take less damage. If being damaged effects things like animations and movement speed maybe it'll cancel that out...cool guys aren't all hunched over when they're shot, they play off the pain like everything's fine.

If pressure is a thing then at the least maybe it gives you more time to select dialogue options, (didn't Witcher 3 have timers on selecting dialogue like Alpha Protocol?) at the most maybe it gives you worse stammering dialogue options that being cool will prevent.

Xeon

Augur
I doubt a lot of people played or even tried first person in GTA5, probably everyone played it like the previous games.

Someone said there was wall walking or something, not sure why implement that other than it helps with stealth or pass security without being seen or something.

I doubt a lot of people played or even tried first person in GTA5, probably everyone played it like the previous games.

Someone said there was wall walking or something, not sure why implement that other than it helps with stealth or pass security without being seen or something.

giphy.gif

I think wall running in video games and stealth isn't exactly the first thing that comes to mind. It's far more prevalent in action games.

Big Wrangle

I perfectly understand those with problems preventing them fom playing games, I have a minor case where I have pattern recognition issues but I'm still able to play fine otherwise. That being said, most people are raging about it for very minor reasons that sounds like a strawman, like not being able to stare at your character's new gear all the time and FPP being somwehow being less "immersive."

Teut Busnet

Cipher
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
Why do all people think that cyberpunk=eternal darkness?

Blade Runner did this.

First I winced too but now I like the idea of cyberpunk in a futuristic Southern California town.
Also Shadowrun players, because most - if not all - runs took place at night.

I'm not completely opposed to daytime Cyberpunk, but the atmosphere should still have ... something special.

Xeon

Augur
Yeah, people are making way too big of a deal of this, I dislike first person but almost all the game I played were no problems except for Stalker which kept giving me a headache for some reason.

Someone said it a lot better where first person works a lot better for ranged combat and third works better for melee, tho I haven't played KCD yet so not sure about that. also since Cyberpunk is futuristic its probably a lot better to go for ranged or something anyway.

conan_edw

Arbiter
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Pathfinder: Wrath
Why doesn't Codex have a coverage of this? I mean even a gaming Jurno outlet from my 3rd world country got to make a preview

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom