Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Six Ages: Ride Like the Wind - King of Dragon Pass spiritual successor

Silva

Arcane
Haha! the map in the trailer shows he game will be located near Peloria! This means we'll be playing new cultures other than Orlanthi!

Gimme a Dark Troll clan! Cragspider I summon thee!

:hailcthulhu:

Silva

Arcane
So bros, what is your favorite vehicle for (tabletop) role-playing in Glorantha, Runequest or Heroquest? I'm a big fan of what RQ does in theory but these days I don't have the time to deal with it's complexity, so I prefer Heroquest.

PS: by the way, there's also Pendragon Pass ( https://www.pensee.com/dunham/pdp.html ), by David Dunham. I'm a big fan of Pendragon and found this great.

Last edited:

Silva

Arcane
By the way David Dunham and Merlkir , I've read the plan is for this to be the first of six games in different times. Does this mean we may see new/different cultures to play with each game? I hope so, because I would love to see other cultures depicted in this way. I'm a big fan of Red Moon pelorians, Praxian nomads and dark trolls. Maybe even a return to Orlanthi in the era of Hero Wars.

Merlkir

Arcane
Developer
I've never played any tabletop Glorantha, I'm ashamed to say. (though I own both Heroquest Glorantha and the new RuneQuest) I think I'd probably prefer RuneQuest, it sounds closer to the OSR, which is the only pnp RPG we play here. (I'm running a Labyrinth Lord campaign. I think it might also be a bit difficult to sell my players on Glorantha as a setting..)

As for the 6 games' format, I don't think we can share anything atm. Only David knows how much continuity he's planning and I doubt he'd talk about it before even the first one is out.

Merlkir

Arcane
Developer
New article:

https://toucharcade.com/2018/06/12/six-ages-release-date/

(no new info I could see, but a screenshot not shown in the other ones)
Dfizb0KX0AEobX-.jpg

S135.jpg

Edit: huhm, screenshot looks unlinkable.. just dig in the website’s code if you wanna see the whole thing. ;)

Last edited:

Brancaleone

Liturgist
So Six Ages is coming out only for IOS, Stygian is hidden deep in the mists of 2019, Archmage Rises is swamped by an epidemy of feature-creep, Pierre Begue is pierrebegueing like never before, and HoMM3: Succession Wars is playing Achilles and the tortoise with its own release.

Are you not entertained, motherfuckers? :argh::argh::argh:

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Six Ages: Ride Like the Wind will launch on iOS June 28th for $9.99 and will be up for pre-order on June 21st, and it’ll be heading to additional platforms sometime in 2019.

Six Ages: Ride Like the Wind will launch on iOS June 28th for $9.99 and will be up for pre-order on June 21st, and it’ll be heading to additional platforms sometime in 2019.

1349235036177.jpg

Last edited:

CyberWhale

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
David Dunham I don't have any problem with waiting for the PC version, just please make it a good port that:

a) has a wide variety of different resolution settings
b) optimized as hell, because this kind of game should run on a single core CPU without any problems whatsoever
c) good controls that utilize both the mouse and the keyboard
d) cheap like the iOS version. I'm fucking sick of developers milking the PC crowd while selling their products for peanuts to hipster status faggots who don't give a shit about their games

Ten dollars is a premium price on mobile. And it's also the price for quick PC shovelware. But would you sell your game at shovelware prices when it's a large game that has relatively high production values and a very niche audience? (forecast predicts butthurt and ill-will)

It's not actually mobile audience that thinks 10 dollars is a premium price. That's just on the phones. Nintendo sells its mobile games for 60 dollars or whatever. Who would be the brave iOS developer who would do the same?

Merlkir

Arcane
Developer
Not saying this is what 6A will cost, but KoDP is 12 EUR on Steam. That's what, 15 USD? I think that's pretty good. (it's 12 USD on GoG too.)

Merlkir

Arcane
Developer
I used to play KoDP on an Android emulator for a while, it's doable there. (no idea on iOS emulators, never tried those)

Nutria

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
He doesn't even have a category for "microissues". Does this clown even know how to run a software project?

Citizen

Why is this thread still in 'Strategy and simulation', poisoning my soul with false hope? Move to mobile games subforum until PC release. :rpgcodex:
:negative:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom