Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Battlefield 5 - going back to WW2

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
Most likely after the backlash of the first trailer they want to show a 2nd trailer on e3

Beastro

Arcane

What a world we live in. Trailers for announcements, trailers for trailers, trailers for... I dont actually know what fucking purpose that video serves at all. Literally just "Here's a fucking plane! Authentic WW2 plane! Come and see the authentic WW2 plane on this date!"

I dont understand this shit anymore.

Hype! It's all hype!

Look at something like the UFC and where living on just hype get you.

PanteraNera

Arcane
Hm, Sturmtiger.

Nice.

Curious how it is balanced neutered.

edit: never mind just watched the vehicle game play mechanics video, it is absolut shit
The real thing for reference: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sturmtiger
That thing is so hard to "balance" that most WW II games do not include it (also there were only a few)

Last edited:

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Another gameplay video about fortifications

Also a no commentary, RAW gameplay by nvidia.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
Even though it seems ok, not touching this for the first week to see reactions

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
The Grand Operations mode seems pretty cool, but suspect a single match can drag for almost an hour and the building mechanic is such a stupid fucking gimmick...

It's sad to see that nowadays even Poles seem to do a better Battlefield game than DICE.

Allyriadil

Educated
They should release mod tools, then the modders can try fixing this game just like Bethesda games.
Something like project reality with environment destruction would be nice.

EA won't like that because they wont be able to sell their cosmetics.

Talby

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
Battlefeminism V looks terrible. I hope the SJW pandering bites them in the ass.

Dexter

Arcane

"On the [women] in Battlefield, this is something that the development team pushed," Soderlund said in an E3 interview with Gamasutra.

"Battlefield V is a lot about the unseen, the untold, the unplayed," he continued. "The common perception is that there were no women in World War II. There were a ton of women who both fought in World War II and partook in the war."

"We felt like in today's world—I have a 13-year-old daughter that when the trailer came out and she saw all the flak, she asked me, 'Dad, why's this happening?'" Soderlund said.

"She plays Fortnite, and says, 'I can be a girl in Fortnite. Why are people so upset about this?' She looked at me and she couldn't understand it. And I'm like, ok, as a parent, how the hell am I gonna respond to this, and I just said, 'You know what? You're right. This is not okay.'"

"These are people who are uneducated—they don't understand that this is a plausible scenario, and listen: this is a game," he added. "And today gaming is gender-diverse, like it hasn't been before. There are a lot of female people who want to play, and male players who want to play as a badass [woman]."

"And we don't take any flak. We stand up for the cause, because I think those people who don't understand it, well, you have two choices: either accept it or don't buy the game. I'm fine with either or. It's just not ok."
Either agree with our political propaganda or Don't Buy Our Products is an interesting stance to take, one can only hope that his words spread far and wide.

"She plays Fortnite, and says, 'I can ride a dinosaur in Fortnite. Why are people so upset about this?' She looked at me and she couldn't understand it. And I'm like, ok, as a parent, how the hell am I gonna respond to this, and I just said, 'You know what? You're right. This is not okay.'"

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Creatives are finally telling manbabies to stay home
This has been a long time coming
By Ben Kuchera Jun 13, 2018, 11:14am EDT
BFV_RevealScreenshot_11_wLogo.0.png
EA DICE/Electronic Arts

Some very aggressive Battlefield fans are upset that the game includes women, or has a woman on the cover. Some of them are convinced that women didn’t exist during the past, so putting them in a game set in the past is wrong. It’s all kinda muddled. The general situation is that some gamers are upset about women existing, which is a pretty common event in gaming, but this time the anger is aimed at Battlefield 5.
What’s notable is the response of some members of the creative team behind the game.

Battlefield V is a lot about the unseen, the untold, the unplayed,” EA chief creative officer Patrick Soderlund told Gamasutra. “The common perception is that there were no women in World War II. There were a ton of women who both fought in World War II and partook in the war.”

He goes on to state that the development team pushed for women to be included in the game — that his daughter doesn’t understand why people are upset, that both men and women want to play as women and that’s just the way gaming is these days — before he gets to the real point.

“And we don’t take any flak,” Soderlund stated. “We stand up for the cause, because I think those people who don’t understand it, well, you have two choices: either accept it or don’t buy the game. I’m fine with either or. It’s just not ok.”

This has been happening more and more lately; some of the folks behind the pop culture we enjoy are done pretending like the most toxic fans are worth keeping around.

Done with this disingenuous bullshit. You know the difference between not liking a movie and hatefully harassing a woman so bad she has to get off social media. And you know which of those two we’re talking about here.
— Rian Johnson (@rianjohnson) June 5, 2018

“Done with this disingenuous bullshit,” Star Wars: The Last Jedi director Rian Johnson wrote on Twitter in a response to a fan’s concern trolling. “You know the difference between not liking a movie and hatefully harassing a woman so bad she has to get off social media. And you know which of those two we’re talking about here.”

This isn’t the first time Johnson has made it clear he doesn’t have time for these people.

What we talk about when we talk about manbabies
— Rian Johnson (@rianjohnson) June 5, 2018

Some Star Wars fans have been playing the game where they attack the films in a sexist way only to claim that it’s unfair to call them sexist just because they’re focusing their anger on women and using sexist attacks.

Star Wars actor John Boyega is also kinda over that bullshit.

We don’t care. ‍♂️
— John Boyega (@JohnBoyega) June 12, 2018

Dan Harmon, co-creator of Rick and Morty, has made his distaste for the same sort of vocally horrible fan known. Somehow the toxic Rick and Morty fans also tend to attack women involved with the show. It’s weird how that keeps happening, huh?

“I’ve made no bones about the fact that I loathe these people,” Harmon told Entertainment Weekly in a story about the show’s women being harassed. “It fucking sucks. And the only thing I can say is if you’re lucky enough to make a show that is really good that people like, that means some bad people are going to like it too.”

Related
It’s time to start ignoring the Star Wars haters
It’s depressing that the angry men of Twitter are still so angry about Star Wars, video games and Rick and Morty — which have become something of an angry internet man starter kit — but it’s heartening to see so many people behind these properties make it clear that the fandom shouldn’t tolerate the worst parts of itself.
People threatening to walk away from these fandoms while they’re being horrible, only to be told that it might be better off if they actually do walk away, is a positive development.

Source:
http://archive.is/AFuTo#selection-1381.0-1669.183

Stay home you nazi bigots!!!
Yeah,because people like to play battlefield at the park and the aquarium!
Also i little bit of SW drama.

funkadelik

Arcane
BF1 was such a horrible fucking game that I am not even bothering with BF5, especially with their SJW horseshit. I can play the new Insurgency and World War 3 looks cool so far.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom