Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Preview First Cyberpunk 2077 gameplay details revealed

CyberWhale

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
TBH you've already voiced your opinion once so there is no point in parroting it ad nauseam. I would kick you in the teeth as well.

Last edited:

Zer0wing

Cipher
I always max out COOL in pnp, I wonder if it has any bite in cp2077, or merely a dump stat.
Given the press release info, COOL is not a dump stat. I imagine Tech, strength/constitution be since we can just buy our way with augmentations and equipment. They've cut Emphaty after all.

Tito Anic

Arcane
Shitposter
Welcome in the cyberpunk 2077 discord where if you talk and voice your concern they kick you :D

iu

Zer0wing

Cipher
Is saurdaukar the new stanley woo
He's a local petty tyrant 'round there. On the forum though, there are more agile moderators to ban you first. Sard just manages thread deleting and, ahem, "consolidating" whenever he doesn't like to see.

Kev Inkline

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Style over substance is the first rule explicitly stated in CP2020, so it's understandable people familiar with the pnp care for aesthetic customization. To me it seems you are not quite familiar with the setting at all.
And to me people, who are comparing CRPG with almost 20 years old PnP, don't familiar with the fact that you can't fucking compare character creation in PnP and CRPG. It's really naive to expect computer game be 1in1 as PnP. Just stop it. Also who the fuck need rules from book to create stylish character? I thought it's common sense.
Do you have this sort of reading comprehension problems with all kinds of texts, or is it just codex posts? I'd like you to point out where in above quote it was even implicitly said that the CRPG should adhere to the pnp rules slavishly.

I merely wrote that style is a central concept in the pnp, and therefore it's only natural that many people who are familiar with the pnp setting expect to see carefully designed aesthetic choices when it comes to the personal style also in the CRPG.

And if extra chromosomes wouldn't prevent you from reading the excerpt original manual, "style over substance" is only a motto, slogan, credo, or tenet of the original pnp. Not a mechanical hard and fast rule.

The second edition is almost 30 years old, not 20. Don't feel down.

Last edited:

Sobchak

Scholar
Patron
#Not my cyberpunk and not even the one people back in the day talked about in the cd project forum the situation is like this pretty much staple of the cyberpunk community people like Wisdom00 are pretty much upset about the situation... There is a shitstorm going on in the cd project forum at the point a dev told that they will think again about TPP.. The only people supporting first person are just shoter entuxiast and luckily after a thread that is still on flame are the minority.. Damn people still keep join the forum to tell cd project that FPP only was an idiotic decision... Because is it.

In regard of me the disappointing was real... If i wanted a shooter with cybernetics there are plenty of them around.... There was no need to bastardize cyberpunk to make another shoter.

They literally said it fifteen times or so, it's not an FPS, it has a first person perspective. Like which part you people don't understand ? You're acting like the third person perspective is completely irrelevant with action elements. Funny fact is that all of you whining about the perspective (I said "perspective" three times), if it was third person, you will all be like: "Woooo I can't wait" without seeing any gameplay footage. Just chill...

hivemind

• main character is a woman
  • no scenes at night
  • mandatory diversity
  • stats don't impact gameplay because style > substance
  • based on outdated pnp "rule" sets(written by a black guy)
  • third person perspective
  • made by homosexuals employed by CDPR
  • increase "street cred" by killing men and racists
  • first quest giver speaks in ebonics and uses made up pronouns
  • guns have no recoil
  • bullets travel instantly
  • you can lose "street cred" in the first mission by refusing homosexual advances
  • character "customization" consist of irrelevant fluff that doesn't impact gameplay

Carrion

Arcane
Patron
FPP is incline. Just the mere fact that it's not going to be a cover shooter increases my optimism about three thousand percent.

All in all it does sound promising, but these previews don't mean much until they show some actual footage. I don't have that much faith in CDPR when it comes to combat or RPG mechanics, but they pretty much rebuilt their systems from scratch with every Witcher game, and with the PnP ruleset to guide them there's at least a chance they might end up with something decent.

The increased grip strength upped the damage of her guns
Okay, scratch that last part.
TPP is vital for melee combat to not feel like garbage, but it doesn't matter since if I ever get around to playing this, I'll only use guns. :M
I'll be more than happy if melee combat feels even nearly as good as in Dark Messiah or Chronicles of Riddick. It probably won't, but they can't use the perspective as an excuse.

Kruno

Arcane
Patron
Village Idiot Zionist Agent Shitposter
Multiple Codexers suffer consolitis, are you one of them? Find out by calling this free help line...

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
The funny thing is that most people complaining would probably be somewhat satisfied by being able to have a free camera, just like good old Morrowind, etc. did it.
They cannot seriously expect them to change the whole gameplay to TPP. Or they do, cause most people are idiots anyway...

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Third person = more popular with storyfags/LARPers. It's more ~emotionally engaging~ when you can see your character. This change will definitely piss off a lot of the sort of people the Codex likes to make fun of.

Rinslin Merwind

Erudite
Do you have this sort of reading comprehension problems with all kinds of texts, or is it just codex posts? I'd like you to point out where in above quote it'd even implicitly did that the CRPG should adhere to the pnp rules slavishly.
I merely wrote that style is a central concept in the pnp, and therefore it's only natural that many people who are familiar with the pnp setting expect to see carefully designed aesthetic choices when it comes to the personal style also in the CRPG.
All texts on English, since it's not my native language and sometimes I can't get meaning of text right ( English lessons in school and University sucked, all I know was learned by me in Internet).This seems to be a case. Sorry.

And if extra chromosomes wouldn't prevent you from reading the excerpt original manual, "style over substance" is only a motto, slogan, credo, or tenet of the original pnp. Not a mechanical hard and fast rule.
More like my laziness and absence anybody who would playing this game in radius several thousands kilometers prevented me reading this manual.

vonAchdorf

Arcane
Third person = more popular with storyfags/LARPers. It's more ~emotionally engaging~ when you can see your character. This change will definitely piss off a lot of the sort of people the Codex likes to make fun of.

But TES has a massive crowd of LARPERs and FPP. They of course do't hav a story to speak of.

duke nukem

Augur
Welcome in the cyberpunk 2077 discord where if you talk and voice your concern they kick you :D
Is saurdaukar the new stanley woo?
LOL.jpg
Just like i said, Mass effect Andromeda is written all over Cyberpunk 2077. Hostile action against negative feedback= Check, Huge bugs on trailer= Check

This game will flop harder than flipflop. Unless they add Third person view or isometric view.

You play as a mercenary cyberpunk named V, a bespoke character that you can customize to be male or female

Oh FFS, it's Cyberpunk 20-fucking-77 with all sorts of body modding and alternative cultures and we're still stuck in the gender fucking binary? Give the players two or three voice choices (identifiably male, female and androgynous, maybe even a digitized one) and leave the gender completely up to the player, already! Even better, add gender-coded stats to attires.

The increased grip strength upped the damage of her guns

I almost went WTF on this but then again, maybe it can be explained as an abstraction for aiming accuracy? As in tighter grip = more accurate shots = more damage to vitals? I guess it will depend on whether there will be HP-bloat and grind.

Come to think of it, that could be read as "the increased grip strength upped the damage of her guns", if you know what I mean :tranny:

[... ]right after V carried a naked women she had rescued for a job out of a building, and during a cutscene where we then see V waking up in the morning in nothing but her underwear. You can read between the lines for yourself, but it sounds like… let’s call it “romance” options will be in Cyberpunk too.

Sounds more like a little bit of non-consensual sexual engagement, to be honest.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom