Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Bethesda E3 2018 Press Conference: Fallout 76, Starfield, The Elder Scrolls VI

IHaveHugeNick

Arcane
Of course it's gonna be Gamebryo, they'll probably rename it for marketing purposes but that's about it.

Aim1ess

Novice
Why even show half of this crap at E3? You know what audience is there and watching at home, they aren't there for tablet games. Also, they are getting even more brazen(or maybe in this case desperate) with misrepresenting things. Listen to the first sentence or so of these clips and tell me it was an accident that half the internet, granted the dumber half, still thinks this is a single player game with multiplayer tacked on rather than multiplayer from the ground up.

Sunday

Monday

If that means "solo" then I can play Overwatch "solo" and just ignore the other players and sit in the corner looking at the art on the wall. And thats just one part, they also lied about questing(questing and story with no NPCs? lol ok, sure bud.) I mean, shit, the saveplayer1 thing was in December. We're talking about "O yea what I said YESTERDAY was a bunch of bullshit" at this point. Why should we even listen to what they said Monday? Or what they say in the future? They're just straight up lying at this point because even they already know people aren't gonna wanna hear this.

It was near miraculous that the franchise got its second chance and it goes down the same road. What is it about Fallout that it will produce the best RPGs of multiple generations only to have it degenerate into tactics/BoS/FO76? "O hey this single player RPG is making us shitloads of money, and its sequel made even more! Lets scrap all the RPG aspects that people play the game for and make it about combat and multiplayer!

FUCKING TWICE!

Last edited:

Lurker47

Savant
Fallout 76 is the natural conclusion to Bethesda's downward spiral in gamedesign and the apex of decline. I'm slightly interested to see if it takes on a colonial story (fucking up the "native" communities and damaging the ecosystem) but I doubt it because they're too far gone to do something even remotely interesting. They fact that's "it's 4 times as big as Fallout 4" probably means it will have about 5% of its actual content and it'll just be a dumb, bland sandbox with dumb, bland shooting and dumb, bland AI.
I was actually pleasantly surprised that Todd poked some fun at themselves (Skyrim on Fridges!) and even himself personally (It just works! Sometimes it doesn't just work). I dislike many of their design/lore choices as much as the next codexer, but Todd at least appeared quite human this time.
It feels like it's done almost out of spite because they obviously don't give a shit about quality control or actually responding to fan feedback. Same thing with that "horse armour" joke they pulled- in a paid fucking mod.

Kyl Von Kull

The Night Tripper
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Fallout 76 is the natural conclusion to Bethesda's downward spiral in gamedesign and the apex of decline. I'm slightly interested to see if it takes on a colonial story (fucking up the "native" communities and damaging the ecosystem) but I doubt it because they're too far gone to do something even remotely interesting. They fact that's "it's 4 times as big as Fallout 4" probably means it will have about 5% of its actual content and it'll just be a dumb, bland sandbox with dumb, bland shooting and dumb, bland AI.

There are no native communities to fuck up. The game’s only NPCs are robots.

It sure does look like a dumb bland sandbox. Maybe BGS realized that they suck at writing stories and characters so they just cut that shit to focus 100% on making a shooter/hiking simulator with cool scenery.

madbringer

Arcane
I really have to golfclap for Bethesda. They took something cringy and funny and made it sad and depressing. This was the school-shooter version of an E3 conference.

After seeing what they're doing to Fallout, I'm about ready to peacefully ride into the sunset while drinking Clorox.

Last edited:

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
If Starfield is Gamebryo again I'm going to laugh so hard. One would have thought that post-Skyrim Bethsoft would've figured out that they might need a new fucking engine.

Are you kidding? They found the dream formula with Skyrimjob. Take Gamebryo, add some FUUUUUUS KUCHAA and some Teh Sims and let dem dolla billz roll in. From a business standpoint it makes no sense to spend massive amounts on developing a new engine.

What, you think game companies give a shit about making good games? They care about getting money from their fans. If their fans are un-demanding idiots, that's what will get produced.

Outlander

Custom Tags Are For Fags.
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
It was funny that Todd made fun of Bethesda's 'let's release Skyrim in every platform ever', 'we heard our games have some bugs' and his very own 'it just works' :lol:

Self-Ejected

RNGsus

Self-Ejected
I think TES 6 will be Todd's last game. I think he'll retire, and whatever takes his place is going to be magnitudes worse, so that actually - dare I say it - liking a Todd Howard game will become prestigious.

As far as I'm concerned, this will be the last time you ever read about it on the Codex front page.

I'm looking forward to the inevitable: "Why Fallout 76 is better than Fallout 1/2" threads.

Obviously, if Interplay had the technology back then, they would have made Fallout a first-person building simulator. When the chosen one gets the GECK, that's when the real game should have started.

Lurker47

Savant
There are no native communities to fuck up. The game’s only NPCs are robots.
Dumb and gay. Not even ghouls?
they just cut that shit to focus 100% on making a shooter/hiking simulator with cool scenery.
Sad thing is it won't even be a good shooter. At least I'll see some decent vistas when some screenshots of it get posted on here.

DeepOcean

Arcane
Todd was bullshitting hard on Fallout 76 being playable solo, the game has scavenging and building on it that will be balanced for co op, you can nuke anyone anywhere on the map so it is 100% pvp, the map will be mostly empty so it will have space for the players bases so not much in terms of world building. It will have quests in the same vein as WoW has quests, best Bethesdards can hope is some ruins here and there for monsters to spawn that will serve as grind spots, there will be extreme enemy respawn too as this is a multiplayer game. The RPG mechanics will be dumbdown and they will make sure those noobs doing pvp wont be anihilated by someone that actually played RPGs before so the leveling system will be massively dumb down to the point where you can't screw yourself even if you tried hard.

To me, the only Fallout FPS I tolerated was New Vegas, I was more curious not if this shit had any hopes of being good but on how degenerate Bethesda would get, man after this... if you are still a Bethesdard for some reason, even after all the shit Bethesda pulled off over the years, dont trust Todd's lies, this is worse than Fallout 3.

MrBuzzKill

Arcane
Leaked Fallout 76 dialogue system

Leaked+fallout+76+speech+system_b6af09_6635676.jpg

PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Serpent in the Staglands Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Gives me inspiration for my next D&D campaign. Fallout is a zombie, and you have to stop it. Todd Howard is the necromancer mini-boss before the final battle.

SeenMike

Literate
"Todd Howard is the necromancer mini-boss before the final battle."

This statement alone is worthy of a meme exposure.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom