Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout 76 - online Fallout spinoff from Bethesda - now on Steam with Wastelanders NPC expansion

Kyl Von Kull

The Night Tripper
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
It’s madness that they’re releasing this as described. Based on everything we’ve heard, 76 would be much, much, much better as an MMO rather than a 24 player experience. With four man parties that’s just six parties per server in a gigantic world. I mean, what the fuck is going to fill all of that space?

If they want to make a huge world with no NPCs, they need to populate that world with a lot of players. No one is going to open a store, for example, in a 24 player game.

Only supporting 24 players means there should be a much smaller map. More important, they really need human NPCs and lots of them because there just aren’t enough players to populate the world. My guess is that the engine just can’t handle more than a few dozen players, but that really should have made them reevaluate the premise. It’s like they planned to make an MMO (hence the massive world), before realizing the technical limitations made that impossible.

This will be an empty and unsatisfying shell of a game, even for people who like multiplayer survival garbage.

Yosharian

Arcane
I seriously doubt the engine can handle more than, say, 30 players.

Whatever the limit is, is there probably principally because at any given time all those players could converge on one location.

FeelTheRads

Arcane
F4 was a proper shooter.

:lol:

I'm sure it was.

May I know what is your frame of reference?

2 can play this game. How do you know F3 wasnt :positive:

F3? We were talking about F4.

I actually played some of F3 and almost all of NV and the shooting is the worst thing to ever happen in gaming.

I honestly doubt Bethesda suddenly learned how to make a "proper shooter". In fact, even without playing F4 I can confidently say that if you think F4 is a "proper shooter" you have not played any "proper shooters". That's how bad Bethesda is.

Nas92

Augur
i remember Ron saying in his reddit AMA that he doesn't give a shit about video games and doing voice acting for Fallout solely because of paycheck.
Immediately got reminded of that myself. He must also be paid to even mention Fallout.

Although how much of a role did he actually have in Fallout 4? He only said the War never changes line once, all the other narration was done by the protagonist voice actors iirc.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
1) Ghouls known as the “Scorched” are “raiders”
2) Way more creatures and insects than previous fallout games. More radiation so crazier mutant creatures
3) Map has multiple biomes inspired by real life locations
4) Crafting is very important and and resources can be acquired from ore, plants, and creatures/ghouls, etc
5) New feature called “mutation”. More rads can give you positive and negative traits, can be cured
6)Items degrade (can be repaired) and food can rot.
7) Game has “perk cards” which give players certain perks and can be switched out.perk cards can be chosen as a player levels up. A player will be limited to a certain amount of perk cards (amount not confirmed yet). Perk cards can be shared among your party so players can get access to perks they haven't unlocked yet
8) Crafting items require recipes which can be found in world or traded from other players
9) Might have the ability to open a vendor shop for trading with other players. Not confirmed yet
10) 24 players per server (might be 32?). Players can be seen on the map
11) Team (co-op) limit is 4 players
12) There will be a team deathmatch mode? No details yet
13) “End game” right now is getting nuclear codes which radiates an area. This radiated area will have end game loot which includes legendary items but will also have strong monsters/enemies.. These legendary items have tiers
14) There will be microtransactions for in-game cosmetics only. Can also be obtained through gameplay. This will be used to support free dlc/content updates and for the dedicated servers

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
How much time it will take for some troll to nuke the starting area?

won't happen, as a level 1 you probably won't see other players at level 50 with nuke codes, and by the time you are at level 50 you won't be at starting location

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
I guess those people who were drawn by the rumor that this would be focused on base building (yes, there are quite a few of these) should finally notice that this aspect of the game isn't really all that exciting. In one of the interviews, it was confirmed that the max size of bases is practically what you see in the presentation. That's it. I can see some disappointment coming up.
Good, fallout was never a minecraft

Turjan

Arcane
I guess those people who were drawn by the rumor that this would be focused on base building (yes, there are quite a few of these) should finally notice that this aspect of the game isn't really all that exciting. In one of the interviews, it was confirmed that the max size of bases is practically what you see in the presentation. That's it. I can see some disappointment coming up.
Good, fallout was never a minecraft
Fallout 4 basically is to some extent. Just look at those sets for constructing Rube Goldberg machines.

Epsilon

Cipher
Notice how theres super mutants in the trailer, and yet Richard Grey is still a year away from falling into the vats and becoming the master.

Lexx

Cipher
It's Bethesda. No point in arguing lore, as they just make shit up as they go anyway.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
v6SrlbQ.jpg

Squid

Arbiter
7) Game has “perk cards” which give players certain perks and can be switched out.perk cards can be chosen as a player levels up. A player will be limited to a certain amount of perk cards (amount not confirmed yet). Perk cards can be shared among your party so players can get access to perks they haven't unlocked yet
14)There will be microtransactions for in-game cosmetics only. Can also be obtained through gameplay. This will be used to support free dlc/content updates and for the dedicated servers
I haven't seen these two in anything with a source yet, not doubting them, especially #14 but do you have a source?

Wunderbar

Arcane
14)There will be microtransactions for in-game cosmetics only. Can also be obtained through gameplay. This will be used to support free dlc/content updates and for the dedicated servers
I haven't seen these two in anything with a source yet, not doubting them, especially #14 but do you have a source?
noclip's documentary video about Fallout 76

Squid

Arbiter
Oh okay, I'll have to check that out today. Didn't know it came out already.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom