Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Cyberpunk 2077 Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
Divinity: Original Sin Divinity: Original Sin 2
I just want to see how declined and diseased the gameplay is so I know whether to forget it exists or look forward to it.

I bet you'll live because after you interacted with the "declined and diseased gameplay" of Pillars 2, you still can't help yourself forgetting about it.

Welcome to yesterday

some people have a productive life

Mustawd

7XDACSt.jpg

:hmmm:

RIP gamer warrior.

Bvc9yVi.jpg

:hmmm::hmmm:

CDPR forums is a strange place. How do they have so many ppl with motion sickness triggered specifically by fpp?

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
Oh, no, not even in my wildest fever dreams will I say popamole and shooter combat is better than PoE's. It might be a mess of a lot of contradictory design decisions and a victim of a muddied "please everyone" vision, but it's still much better than popping moles.

Xeon

Augur
Can't you normally help with motion sickness by disabling head bobbing or something? or does that not help.

NullFlow

Savant
Bleh, guess they're opting for the console-ized conversation style a la Fallout 4. I just pray we don't end up with a "Yes, No, More Info, and Sarcastic" scenario again.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
Wow, they really are opposed to this first person thing, huh? Even I won't mind it if the game is as good as Deus Ex, so that's saying something about the level of ravenous dislike for FP perspective. I think they just want it to be like Twitcher tbh.

Keppo

Arbiter
From 4chan

-Game is FPS perspective
-FPS perspective made to feel more personal
-RPG with Shooter Elements not a Shooter with RPG elements
-Multiple different progression systems (Skills, Perks, etc.)
-V, protagonist - urban merc/hired gun.
-Full character creation system (Gender, Looks, Lifepath/Backstory)
-You DO NOT pick classes in the beginning, class system is fluid based on choices
-Dystopian Cyberpunk future shown in sunlight on purpose. Full Day/Night Cycle. Noir themes bleed through environment and aesthetic
-Characters from Cyberpunk 2020 lore will appear
-Netrunner Techie and Solo are main focused classes

-Optional classes exist (like Rockerboy and Corporate) and you can pull perks from them to add into your own custom class
-Story and quest system from Witcher 3 is implemented into Cyberpunk similarly.
-Choice and consequence is HUGE. Emphasized that the game is an RPG first and foremost
-Story is personalized by player choice.
-Combat - Ranged combat and Melee combat. Learned lessons from Witcher 3. FPS Melee combat.
-Weapons - 3 branches - Power Weapons (heavy hitting/stagger), Tech Weapons (penetrating through cover), Smart Weapons (tracking/following)
-Vehicles - Motorcycles, Cars, hinted at flying cars.
-V is a fully voiced character. Both Male and Female completely voiced.
-V's personality is shaped by player. Backstory and interactions shape V's personality.
-Cyberpunk is a dark dystopia in the same vein as Witcher 3 being Dark Fantasy
-Details of the world - everything has a purpose. World design was a huge focus in setting the tone.
-Night City - in between SF and LA (fictional city). Inspired by both cities.
-6 unique districts in the city. Each area has its own feel on top of the base Noir feel
-Exploration is encouraged.
-Witcher was horizontally huge, Cyberpunk is vertically huge.
-You can enter buildings, Mega Buildings exist as well with multiple floors and multiple areas to explore within a single building.
-No level scaling. 2 forms of XP - Core XP - Main Missions and Street Cred - Side missions
-Higher Street Cred opens new exclusive vendors and fixers (new jobs)

Districts:

-City Center: Corporate and luxury center
-Watson: primarily asian culture mixed bazaar type area
-Westbrook: Wealthy play area
-Heywood: Primarily latino suburban district
-Pacifica: Poorest area and gang activity
-Santo Domingo: Industrial area

Klarion

Arcane
Nobody here's mentioning anything about how they're basically making RPG in a GTA size environment... Did any RPG before this try making world even close to this scale? I don't mean a dozen of medieval cities with a huge sea of emptiness between them. I don't think so. I'm a bit skeptical on how this works out. Open world RPG in a huge city like this. Wow.

Lutte

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
At times the sense of entitlement of gamers is real. Like, stating you won't buy the game as your own opinion is one thing, but coming onto the forum of the dev and making DEMANDS that they MUST reconsider their design choices ?

Also where did this crowd of mentally challenged people come from? I see them everywhere on the internet. Suddenly there's a sea of people with motion sickness unable to play first person games. What the fuck?

Hamster

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014
Also where did this crowd of mentally challenged people come from? I see them everywhere on the internet. Suddenly there's a sea of people with motion sickness unable to play first person games. What the fuck?

Is there a link between motion sickness and autism?

NullFlow

Savant
There's already an amusingly titanic level of asshurt levied at the game for being so grossly incandescent or first person.

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
Divinity: Original Sin Divinity: Original Sin 2
does anybody have a link to Doritto Pope's live coverage that must start in 10 minutes?

Lutte

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
People in previous page worrying about number of dialogue options - Witcher 2 & 3 seldom had more than 2.
Fully voiced games seldom have complicated or flavorful (lacking in C&C but there to add character) dialogue trees. It's a given.

ScrotumBroth

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In
From CDRED forums:

"
Vattier
CD PROJEKT RED
RED Point
New #168
We decided to go with First Person Perspective because it adds to the immersion - let you experience the game through eyes of the main character. We're not planning to allow switching to TPP for the same reason. You'll have many opportunities to see your customized character in cutscenes, inventory view and mirrors. It's going to be First Person RPG, not a FPS.

Today at 9:09 AM
"

I really don't mind this, in fact, I prefer it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom