Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Cyberpunk 2077 Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
lol did Anthem steal Cyberpunk's IGN timeslot??

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
Talking about toms gaylord forumer posters, why isn't anyone from CDP posting on our prestigious forum?

Also, I'm starting to run out of synonyms of "terrible" and "death-incarnate", but Anthem looks shockingly bad.

Last person to tell someone to cheer up but mate your posts so far have truly been suicide-inducing. Every single post of yours is so soaked with negativity, pessimism and darkness that they make the darkest, most desolate corner in hell seem like Disneyland ride on cocain. Also it seems you're forcing yourself to post, like it's not as if you say something with those posts yet you post them. Almost as if you're grinding Codex buttons.

Your mom. Maybe also dad.

moon knight

Matt7895's alt
First Person only? Fuck this.

Jesus Pig and the whore of his mother. The only game I had hopes for is only in fucking First Person.
I'm so disappointed, even being invaded by immigrants doesn't anger me anymore after this.

to get your third person fix, you can play literally any other dime a dozen game out there.

Is way more understandable to emphatise with the turn based crowd's disappointment than with the butthurt 3rdPP morons, that's for sure

A world where "style>>>substance" and you tell me that the TPP is moronic? Are you retarded? If there's a game where Third Person makes sense, that is Cyberpunk.

Hamster

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014
The aesthetic looks soul-crushingly generic, I feel my heart dying while looking at these screenshots.

I used my mad ms paint skills to illustrate my dissatisfaction with the visual style. But for me it's a minor complaint, i can live with that aesthethic as long as they deliver on the writing.

frldiAExWZ-lX58anWvVVQNxxMRkSiFCiUEpVeTd1fqGn4hxXCCebDYTWXSBNy03zHKg9mR05yhRyjkDgxkHWA%3D%3D

Perkel

Arcane
It kinda sounds like it's going to be full of samey "open world activities", you know what I'm talking about. That grind is suicide-inducing.

Have you even tried playing TW3 ? Game has like no filled content. Every single quest even smallest has its own thing to it, cinematics and so on. Even those fights, races etc. have full blown stories to them, they sure work in context of race/fight/whatever but it isn't like Ubisoft find 5 flags, or GTA do 10 jumps.

KK1001

Arbiter
TW3 only has a grind if you go do every ?, which is fucking stupid you fucking idiots don't do that.

Lacrymas

Arcane
You mean part of the bush ? That is not full frontal. At least not in EU meaning of this word.

Yeah, full frontal is widely spread legs and the camera focusing on the interesting part. What the fuck am I talking about.

Kitchen Utensil

Also there’s full frontal nudity
Haven't seen one ever since Triss sex scene in The Witcher 2's 1st chapter. So, incline?

Of course it would be incline. It's rather ridiculous that most games don't have it. In games that have armor/clothing systems, you should be able to take them off. All of it.
But it doesn't help gameplay or anything else really, Witcher 3's sex scenes for example are pathetic with or without full nudity. So who cares really. It will probably sell a couple of additional copies if it stays in.

Perkel

Arcane
What the fuck is going on? Their entire schedule got scrambled?

IDK when you get this.

They wouldn't be making behind closed door presentation if they wanted to show everyone gameplay.
It is pretty obvious they are doing exactly the same like they did with Witcher 3 uncover. Trailer at e3 and behind closed door gameplay from alpha build.

They will probably show gameplay on next E3 or for some huge magazine like Gameinformer like they did with TW3.

Yeah, full frontal is widely spread legs and the camera focusing on the interesting part. What the fuck am I talking about.

If you show bush above duck and not the dick itself then how can you talk about full frontal nudity ?
GTA5 had full frontal with literally dudes balls flinging about but only for guy. And aside from GTA i don't remember any big game having full frontal.

I am pretty sure in US full frontal = AO which means no psyhical release because biggest chains don't sell AO games.

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
I mean, alright? I never expected 1:1 with the roleplaying game itself and certainly didn't think such thoughts would sprout on Codex of all places, where people know what "high budget action RPG" entails. Playing as Rocker isn't that. It seems like the interview was a game changer for many.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
They wouldn't be making behind closed door presentation if they wanted to show everyone gameplay.
It is pretty obvious they are doing exactly the same like they did with Witcher 3 uncover. Trailer at e3 and behind closed door gameplay from alpha build.

They will probably show gameplay on next E3 or for some huge magazine like Gameinformer like they did with TW3.

No, I don't think it will be that long. The gameplay described in that preview doesn't sound "alpha" to me.

KK1001

Arbiter
The game passed a new production milestone early this year, which doesn't sound like alpha.

Lacrymas

Arcane
I'm getting bored of hollow shitposting. I guess we won't be seeing anything more today, I'm going to go actually play a game, rather than wait and see whether they'll show gameplay for this or BG&E2, both leaving me mentally exhausted just thinking about them.

EDIT: Guess I spoke too soon.

Taskityo

Educated
Deus Ex 1 is listed in the top 15 RPG's on this site so it surprises me there is backlash on this site in particular when Cyberpunk is Deus Ex-like as far as RPG-FPS goes.

Perkel

Arcane
It seems like the interview was a game changer for many.

Well my biggest surprise is that they are going for traditional CRPG stat systems. Obviosly there are some changes from 2020 but they will have main stats.
I assume that perks will be limited by those stats ala Fallout.

I expected them lessening amount of systems not increasing.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom