Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Cyberpunk 2077 Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
Where is your dumbfuck tag bro?

I transferred it over to your mom last night. She was more than willing to take it all in.

When you see numbers pop up on screen, you KNOW there are deep RPG systems at work there.

undecaf

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
I dunno. This thing kinda went down the shitter for me. A glorified Watchdogs-nuDeus Ex hybrid....

odrzut

Arcane
I like the inclusion of main quest XP and side quest XP with splits. Lack of level-scaling is also incline.

Yup, very interesting to see how it works. Maybe it solves the problem of over/underleveling depending on how many sidequests you do. Also gating optional content behind sidequest-XP, and character improvements behind mainstory-XP gives motivation for both kinds of players (completionists and casuals).

I also hope they invented better itemization and looting system than in The Witcher 3. I want to be excited about a weapon/implant I got and to be able to use it for longer than 3 hours.

markec

Twitterbot
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Dead State Project: Eternity Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I do hope that like in Neuromancer I will be able to sell my organs for quick cash, even better to be able to harvest and sell organs of people I kill.

Sentinel

Arcane
Are they still saying/showing anything on stream? I closed the Gamespot stream. IGN stream is up next I think, i about 50 minutes.

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
Divinity: Original Sin Divinity: Original Sin 2
    • CD Projekt describes the game as a "first-person RPG."
    • Gameplay is in first a first-person perspective, but switched to third-person during a cutscene.
    • You play a character named V (as in the letter).
    • V can be a man or a woman.
    • The stats you pick at the start include Strength, Constitution, Intelligence, Reflexes, Tech, and Cool.
    • These stats are all pulled from the original tabletop RPG.
    • There are no classes at the start. Instead, you evolve the class you want to be as you play instead of picking a role.
    • You can drive cars in the game, and seemingly toggle between first and third person during this.
    • While driving in first-person, the U.I. appears diegetically on the windshield.
    • You can engage in combat while driving -- AI took over steering as you lean out the window and shoot at enemies.
    • CD Projekt also described Cyberpunk as a "mature experience intended for mature audiences."
    • The goal is for you to not only engage with the game world, but with its inhabitants.
    • Like Witcher, you take missions from NPCs and have dialogue options in conversations.
    • It's an open world that you open up more with "street cred." For example, a specific jacket might raise it by 5%, allowing you access to new places.
    • Completing a quest levels up your street cred.
    • The UI in the demo is extremely minimal at -- just a light compass and a small quest log.
    • UI expands during combat -- enemies have names, health bars, and what appear to be levels.
    • Some enemies have question marks instead of levels, possibly meaning they're much higher level than you.
    • Damage numbers pop up during combat.
    • There's a bullet-time-like ability that allows you to slow down time.
    • CD Projekt keeps emphasizing that choices have consequences, in the moment and to the world at large.
    • Obstacles have several solutions depending on your skills. For example, V got to a door, but his hacking skill was too low. However, his engineering skill was high enough, so he could open a panel and bypass the door.
    • There's an inspection system lets you look super close at items and learn more about lore.
    • You use an inhaler to heal.
    • Gunplay feels slower than Doom or Borderlands, but faster than Fallout 4.
    • CD Projekt showed off some late-game abilities, including mantis-like blade arms and wall running.
    • We saw a boss fight against a dude in an exoskeleton. This included sliding under cars and taking cover.
  • http://ca.ign.com/articles/2018/06/...-2077-details-game-is-a-first-person-rpg-more

E3 2018: FIRST CYBERPUNK 2077 GAMEPLAY DETAILS: FIRST-PERSON, DRIVING, AND CHARACTER NAME, MORE

NullFlow

Savant
I feel a bit nervous when a developer has to keep reiterating a feature about the game, like they know it barely resembles it but hope it will convince the masses if they repeat it enough. Fluid and classless is a weird move, but I suspect you can level into the three main trees and several sub-trees that have the skills from the other classes like Media, Rockerboy, and Corporate that let you be persuasive, charismatic, or a moneymaker. At least I'm liking no enemy level scaling and the separation between main story and side story exp.

Zer0wing

Cipher
The stats you pick at the start include Strength, Constitution, Intelligence, Reflexes, Tech, and Cool.
So they've split Body Type into two stats and ditched Luck, Movement Allowance, Empathy, Attractiveness?

:what:

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
Divinity: Original Sin Divinity: Original Sin 2
The stats you pick at the start include Strength, Constitution, Intelligence, Reflexes, Tech, and Cool.
So they've split Body Type into two stats and ditched Luck, Movement Allowance, Empathy, Attractiveness?

:what:

pondsmithheader.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom