Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

E3 2018 - Official Codex Thread - June 9th to 14th - Press Conferences, Trailers and Interviews

Hobo Elf

Arcane
I wasn't impressed by the Octopath Traveller demo and Fire Emblem hasn't been good in a long time, it's just a waifu game now. I was never interested in Smash or Mario Party. The only thing here that somewhat got me interested was Demon x Machina.

Frusciante

Cipher
Project: Eternity
I wasn't impressed by the Octopath Traveller demo and Fire Emblem hasn't been good in a long time, it's just a waifu game now. I was never interested in Smash or Mario Party. The only thing here that somewhat got me interested was Demon x Machina.

But what is SMT5?

Frusciante

Cipher
Project: Eternity
I'm new to nintendo, not familiar with all franchises yet. It looks interesting, is it a turn based game?

TheHeroOfTime

Arcane
DfgZ7PEX4AA9lqy.jpg

DfgcEdgW4AkHNT5.jpg

Did some googling on this.

Dear players, fans, followers and community,

after weeks of silence we’re bringing you new information about Morning Men, unfortunately, not any you’ve been looking for.

Since December, we’ve been thinking this through and although it breaks our hearts, we’ve decided to pull the plug on this project.

When we set out on this journey one year ago, we had a vision of how the game should look like, how it should feel and where the story should go. Although the visuals came out amazing, the story unveiled a deep and vastly explorable universe and the gameplay was heading where we wanted, the overall feeling wasn’t really there. We didn’t want to release the game at any cost, we’d rather have it perfect, that’s why we’ve decided to put it on hold.

However, this is not a final ‘goodbye’. Throughout the creation process we fell in love with the universe and characters we’ve created, therefore there’s a chance we will use them in a different project that will tie into the whole world of Morning Men.

But for now, we’d like to thank you for all the support and love you’ve shown us, it was driving our creativity and vision.

We hope we’ll be able to bring you another project that will deserve as much of your passion as Morning Men did.

Thank you for everything.

Morning Men Team

:salute:

Dexter

Arcane
EA - 1/10
Bethesda - 3/10
Microsoft - 7/10
Square Enix - 5/10
UbiSoft - 5/10
SONY - 4/10
Nintendo - Don't Care/10

Hype:
Cyberpunk 2077
Dying Light 2

Looks Okay/Could be Interesting if on PC:
Ori and the Will of the Wisps
Ghost of Tsushima
Yakuza 0
Babylon's Fall
Assassin's Creed: Odyssey
Death Stranding (Looks intriguing, but still unclear what it really is)
Marvel's Spider-Man
Resident Evil 2
Two Point Hospital
The Sinking City (Depends on how much is Boring Randomized shit)
ManEater (not a lot of details, but ShaRkPG sounds interesting)
Skull & Bones
Afterparty
Below

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014

Daemon x Machina, Armored Core 2/3 producer's new game shown at Nintendo thing.

Being a Marvelous game and made with Unreal, I guess this will be coming to PC.

Projas

Information Superhighwayman
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Might b gud: Ori, Weeaboo Souls
Probably shit: Everything else
Absolutely haram: No Nier stuff apart from a shitty Xbox port

What an abrupt way to end that trailer from Daemon X Machina. This whole E3 was shown so quick with no quality editing.

Sony, what a lackluster sloppy show. Ghost of Tsushima looked like it needs more work, the animations seem wonky and some of the scenery are clashing with the saturated colors. Have they never heard of subtlety.

I have never cared for The Last of Us, if there is a big turn off that I have in gaming, is the A.I, which I heard was atrocious in the first game. What is the point of a video game if there is no challenge and opposition. The gameplay and A.I in TLOU2 is an insult to anyone's intelligence.

Nioh 2. I'm liking the first one even though it has it's flaws, I am surprised they announced the sequel this early, the first game was released last year. Here's to hoping they add variety to the enemies and make better levels.

Resident Evil 2 Remake looks great, however, the faces of Leon and Veronica look grotesque. Very androgynous, doesn't resemble a young Leon at all.

Spider-man. No interest whatsoever, I wasn't raised with comics, and don't have any interest in them. The game seems along the lines of the Batman/Assassin's Creed/Shadow of Mordor/War game which I absolute loathe. Easy button press, brain dead A.I.

Death Stranding. I will reserve judgment for now.

On Nintendo's side everything was dull, they wasted half an hour on a port. Nothing excited, although to be fair, the last console from Nintendo I enjoyed was the Gamecube.

MS is the obvious winner since they displayed what matters and is the whole point of the event, showing games.

Once again, I know I already harped up on this, but the vast amount of female PC is already getting to me. You can tell this is not done spontaneous but calculated. This resembles and is very close to propaganda. With the disrespect of showing female Samurai, female spartan in Assassin's Creed, Ellie supposedly a young girl taking on grown men twice her size and weight. Not a single cent will be spent on this agenda.

Thoughts on later games shown at E3: Star Citizen, Star Control Origins and Starlink look cool. I miss those old space sims like Wing Commander and Freespace and they look like they could recreate that feeling.
Fuck all From Software's creatively bankrupt, joyless games. It is making way too much shit.
Spiderman looks fun--too much like Batman maybe, but it seems to use the powers well.
Daemona Ex Machina looks really fun. It looks like a great use of cool robots.
Death Stranding is by Kojima, therefore it will be amazing
Kingdom Hearts 3 and Ghosts of Tsushima look like very fun games. They seem to have a nice amount of variety and good combat.
Is Sony seriously making a game that is just Journey with a vehicle? Why?
Fuck First person Shooters and battle royales: They are everywhere, everyone is tired of them, and fucking Hell are they repetitive and homogeneous.
Cyberpunk 2077 looks weird and fun and The Witcher 1 and 3 were great.

Addendum: Fuck E.A, Microsoft and Bethesda, they are never getting my money again except when I need a new computer

Ranking the conferences: E.A: I thought this was as bad as it could get.
Microsoft: Proved me horribly wrong.
Bethesda: I used to just be boycotting E.A. and Microsoft, and now Bethesda is on the list for having the worst conference of all.
Devolver: Lots of great games, completely insane and I would totally buy that console even though I am pretty sure it was just a joke.
Ubisoft: Had some cool looking games like Starlink, Skull and Bones and Donkey kong versus Rabbids, but overall mediocre.
Sony: This was great, had lots of fine games like Kingdom Hearts, Ghosts of Tsushima, Death Stranding, Cuphead expansion and Spiderman.
Nintendo: Started off great: Daemonica Ex Machina, Starlink and the expansions to Mario versus Rabbids, Splatoon 2 and Xenoblade 2 look awesome. It then fell apart by focusing on one game for half an hour and abruptly ending. There are a lot of great games coming that are not in the conference, like Shin Megami Tensei 5, Bayonetta 3, No More Heroes: Travis Strikes Back and Project Octopath Traveller.
P.C. games: Actually pretty good: Star Control Origins, Star Citizen, Stormland and Maneater look really fun and there was not too much filler. Those cab games looks horrible though, and just make me want to replay Quarantine.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom