Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Proposal: retardoing threads must be on cooldown

• Thread starter Whiny-Butthurt-Liberal
  • Start date

Whiny-Butthurt-Liberal

In other words, mods must wait a week before retardoing a thread for being "retarded". If, in the first week it was created, the thread barely garners any responses, then it's okay to Retardo.
However, if the thread gets plenty of replies, then it is a good thread (regardless of the mod's special snowflake opinion), and must remain untouched.
Responses are an objective metric of the thread's quality. No one can force multiple different people to leave responses in a thread, if it's boring. And no one should force a thread to get locked, if there are people actively participating in it (that is straight-up anti-Codexian tyranny).
Basically, all I'm saying, mods need to give threads a chance, rather than killing them in their infancy, and then going "DURR HURR IT WAS DUMBZ U SO BAD LIBERAL!!". I don't think the point of the Codex is pandering to the shit opinions of moderators.
Oh, and any mod who retardoes a multi-page thread that is still actively getting repsonses should be demoted on the spot, and preferably banned from the Codex and have their account nuked, and IP submitted to FBI for suspicions of terrorism.

Cael

Arcane
In other words, mods must wait a week before retardoing a thread for being "retarded". If, in the first week it was created, the thread barely garners any responses, then it's okay to Retardo.
However, if the thread gets plenty of replies, then it is a good thread (regardless of the mod's special snowflake opinion), and must remain untouched.
Responses are an objective metric of the thread's quality. No one can force multiple different people to leave responses in a thread, if it's boring. And no one should force a thread to get locked, if there are people actively participating in it (that is straight-up anti-Codexian tyranny).
Basically, all I'm saying, mods need to give threads a chance, rather than killing them in their infancy, and then going "DURR HURR IT WAS DUMBZ U SO BAD LIBERAL!!". I don't think the point of the Codex is pandering to the shit opinions of moderators.
Oh, and any mod who retardoes a multi-page thread that is still actively getting repsonses should be demoted on the spot, and preferably banned from the Codex and have their account nuked, and IP submitted to FBI for suspicions of terrorism.
*points to sig*

Just a couple of days and MCA got Inshititron read and roasted.

Feel free to add it to your sig, if you wish.

Ellef

Deplorable
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Cooldowns are decline. Abilities should have tradeoffs and opportunity costs so that there is no need for cooldowns or spamming a single ability.

Instead any mod that retardos a thread should have their ability to post removed for 24 hours to properly balance this power.

Whiny-Butthurt-Liberal

I just want to state my preference for the superior vancian system.
Spell charges only make sense in a turn-based RPG, and only if they refresh automatically per battle.

In all other cases, it's nonsense. You have no way of knowing what awaits you up ahead, which means the vancian system amounts to abusing the rest button and/or hoarding the fun abilities in case things get dire.

Cael

Arcane
Spell charges only make sense in a turn-based RPG, and only if they refresh automatically per battle.

In all other cases, it's nonsense. You have no way of knowing what awaits you up ahead, which means the vancian system amounts to abusing the rest button and/or hoarding the fun abilities in case things get dire.
Vancian is risk vs reward. Do you save spells now for use later or blow them all and hope there is nothing later.

Refresh per battle is exactly the kind of shit that 4.0 introduced and was rightly derided as WoW on paper.

Alex

Arcane

Well, figuring out what to memorize is split between two skills. The first is understanding how to use spells in a way that is consistently useful. The second is doing detective work before entering the dungeon so you know what to expect.

In our case, memorizing a few "retardo" actions at the start of the week is always useful. But if you know a poster is acting especially erratic, it might pay to memorize a "self eject other".

Sentinel

Arcane
Cooldowns are retarded. Just implement a vancian moderation system where mods have to rest before taking additional measures.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom