Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Cyberpunk 2077 Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
Yeah, sure, I get that, but why would that be bad in this case? I'd think one of the points of Braindance is to experience new things without any actual harm coming to you or anyone else, even negative things. I'd say most people will panic or feel guilty about killing a person and experiencing it if it were real.

Mebrilia the Viera Queen

Cyberpunk is a pretty morally grey world.... Concept like evil and good are totally out of place... People think in more pratical and most of the time people will be ready to get unhetical to obtain what they want.. Is not like our real world...Is a world twisted by manipulated informations where style and attitude is everything people are not cold but the darkness of this world comes also from their common mentality... People are opportunist many of them don't even care to see a dead person around the street... there are even gangs like the rippers.. that actually kill people to chop off their implant and sell them in to the black market.

Mebrilia the Viera Queen

Hell, nu-Deus Ex and GITS: SAC both had lots of clean techs and aesthetics but they are much more distinct and appealing.
Deus Ex: HR had a too distinct yellow filter on everything.

Not even mentioning the plastic looking Adam Jensen arms.... And the sungla.... hum visor.... In cyberpunk there are also great nice eyes implant that look exactly like a normal eye but have the funcionalities that Jensen Enhanced wiev can dream off.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
How viable is a Cyberpunk dude with no implants and stuff anyway, like a pure 'umie.

Mebrilia the Viera Queen

How viable is a Cyberpunk dude with no implants and stuff anyway, like a pure 'umie.

Possible to play... But i don't think that would be a long term character to start with you have to understand cyberware is everywere in cyberpunk.. You have little stores and shops on the streets on in malls that don't only sell Cyberware but they also have inside a room and personel dedicated to installing it on the customer on a whim.. There are skills that help vs agumented people.. But again you will be always at disadvantage.. Even the less oriented classes needs cyberware of sort... For some classes cyberware is a must... Solo and Netrunner... Viable? yes.... very difficoult...and not for long term characters.

Kev Inkline

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

Possible to play... But i don't think that would be a long term character to start with you have to understand cyberware is everywere in cyberpunk.. You have little stores and shops on the streets on in malls that don't only sell Cyberware but they also have inside a room and personel dedicated to installing it on the customer on a whim.. There are skills that help vs agumented people.. But again you will be always at disadvantage.. Even the less oriented classes needs cyberware of sort... For some classes cyberware is a must... Solo and Netrunner... Viable? yes.... very difficoult...and not for long term characters.
I disagree, you can play corp with very few pieces of CW installed, just have your team made of solos and lot of resources. I wouldn't consider my suit a long term yet, but at least he's survived past 15 years (irl).

Mebrilia the Viera Queen

He asked about playing with no CW at all. Also the Corporate is another thing.. as you say you have a lot of resources to use.

Kev Inkline

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
He asked about playing with no CW at all. Also the Corporate is another thing.. as you say you have a lot of resources to use.
Well, I could play w/o at all, none of them is combat oriented(*), as far as I can recall. Just something like eye-optics with recording for convenience etc. This is ofc a discussion decoupled from what actually viable in cp2077, it could really be a 'hardmode' to go without any CW in that game, we just don't know yet.

*)ultimately it of course depends on your gm/referee, as to how combat oriented sessions he/she will conduct

Mebrilia the Viera Queen

Also on what your class is.. and where your character have hands into.... But roles like Netrunner or Solo indeed needs at least minimal cyberware.. In the end in cyberpunk cyberware is not like Deus ex HR or the newer title... It really makes the difference in a lot of cases..

Quillon

Arcane
Btw. there were too many Hitman style kills in it for a short trailer. Guess this time around choices will be "go guns blazing or kill indirectly" if you gonna kill :P

Jacob

Pronouns: Nick/Her
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
I'm guessing this would be like living in 2018 without any internet access at all.
Deus Ex: HR had a too distinct yellow filter on everything.
Yes. A distinct yellow filter. This is not a bad thing at first, although it can feel overused later on. But overall it's good.

Mebrilia the Viera Queen

Btw. there were too many Hitman style kills in it for a short trailer. Guess this time around choices will be "go guns blazing or kill indirectly" if you gonna kill :P

there is a lot to see in that trailer for who knows the setting

Mebrilia the Viera Queen

there is a lot to see in that trailer for who knows the setting

Every pixel tells a different story yo!

Not only that.. But for example there is a scene where the trauma team go gunblazing on a group of people... Probably somebody were hurt and activated his trauma team card... They went to do the extraction gunblazing most likely the people that did harm who called them .
Trauma team dislikes when their extraction are interrupted or somebody is in the way... They are well equipped even for the most problematic extraction point and in order to keep the contract and save the contractor that need help are ready even to kill.

Mebrilia the Viera Queen

Trauma Team is the one you are interested to have a contract with... Pretty much like the modern ambulance with the difference they are well armed and equipped and is in their own interest extract you in case of wounds and keep you alive... For example if you are wounded in a firefight you activate your trauma team card that also have an automatically signal that warn the Trauma Team the moment your brainwave pattern falls into a coma state. When the Trauma Team is allerted they will come to take you in the minor time possible gunblazing each individual that will interfere with the extraction in order to save you and keep you alive. It is pretty much a franchise of paramedics operating in the US, Canada, and parts of Europe.

While the Psychosquad is a division of the police designed to track and hunt down cyberpsichos... Many member of the psychosquad are actually fromer cyberpsicho.. The cyberpsichosis is a mental disease one catch when is too much agumented it pretty much makes you feel like an improved being soon you will start to call not agumented people meatbags.. and this usually excalate with a violent rush o violence toward the people around you at a minimal provocation. (pretty much what you see in the first cyberpunk 2077 trailer the Psychosquad called to take the girl that went psycho) now usually this will end with the termination of the subject but in some case they will force you to see an expert and undergo in a long form of therapy for recover if you disagree they will kill you on the spot.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mebrilia the Viera Queen

Oh they are... they are the ones saving your ass when the situation get bad providing you are able to pay them.

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
Codex: We want new and original games!
Also Codex: Something differs from genre standards? Total shit, literally unplayable, burn down publisher!

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

You know the flip-side answer would've also been "What's this, generic cyberpunk shit? CDPR really wants to be Deus Ex.... also, does it HAVE to rain and be so dark all the time?".

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
Oh, I wouldn't have a problem with the game being as good as Deus Ex.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom