Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

E3 2018 - Official Codex Thread - June 9th to 14th - Press Conferences, Trailers and Interviews

Azalin

Arcane
Patron
So to sum this E3 up

Fallout is no longer an rpg but is now a Rust clone
MCA is now fat,working on a zombie game and trying to turn it into an rpg with dialogs and c&c
AssCreed is now an rpg with dialog trees and shit and it's going to be the highest selling rpg of 2018
Kojima is making an arthouse baggage carrying simulator
Cyberpunk 2077 is putting the punk back into cyberpunk
Seems like half the developers are making a samurai game
Frogwares' Cthulhu game might be good
No sight of the rumoured Superman game by Rocksteady
Sega is porting more cool games to PC

Did I forget anything important?

Frusciante

Cipher
Project: Eternity
Ghost of Tsushima and Spiderman looked cool - that's more than Microsoft can say about their exclusives...

TLoU 2 looks boring (contrary to most I'm not offended by the lesbian shit). And I agree that this tiny girl beating all the big guys is weird to see in a realistic setting like this. In Horizon zero dawn it's fine because it's a much more fictional setting - but in this hyper realistic approach it kind of seems off.

Death stranding so far is a joke to me. It just looks like one big gigantic trolling attempt.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I liked Last of Us, first one. I find the setting cool, great visuals, gruesome combat and it had a pretty good story about humanity when it is at its worst/best. This trailer though has me a bit worried. I knew she was lesbian, it was explained in a dlc, so no problem with that, but I got the impression that the story will involve some kind of gay-hating cult. Or at least the trailer was formed like that, and I have to say if that is gonna be the main story it will be weak as fuck. Post-apocalyptic Christian cult takes over nice little settlement, kills lesbian partner, goes out on revenge :roll:

God, I hope I'm wrong. Turning a nice post-apocalyptic setting like that into a big old virtue signal is just...

ScrotumBroth

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In
So far, visually insane titles are Death Stranding and Beyond Good and Evil 2.

Ghost of Tsushima really intrigued me with gameplay and combat.

TLOU2 everything as expected, the thought of spending hours of sneaking around killing 4325 enemies AGAIN is a bit off putting.

Cyberpunk 2077 looks weird, but the jury is out until actual gameplay footage.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
If what we've seen in parts of Death Stranding (where he's climbing the mountain for instance) is gameplay then the game looks utterly insane. Tsushima looks great but it's too stylized and cinematized to be truly breathtaking.

Anyone looking forward to an anti-game cinematic dogshit like TLOU 2 should go have a beer with Anthony Bourdain.

Dexter

Arcane
The issue with The Rast of Us: China Number 1 (or wherever the fuck it takes place) is that it looked painfully generic, just another third person Sony exclusive 'action' game with a bunch of QTEs and overly long storyfag sequences. Death Stranding (maybe) and The Last of Us (definitely) were exactly like this.
1528767431966cnjic.png

vonAchdorf

Arcane
Wow, Sony did a shit show, I'm glad that I didn't watch it live.
No one cares about a "deeper look" into already announced games - especially when the deeper look is way too long and boring fake gameplay. And an intermission 10 minutes after the show started, who thought that was a good idea. Sony and EA really compete for worst show this year.

Last edited:

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
anti-game cinematic dogshit

Pretty much what I expect from Death Stranding.
I don't know much about other Kojima games but at least MSG always combined a lot of cinematics with genuinely soild gameplay. I'm not saying DS absolutely won't be a linear cinematic corridor turd like the thin shit Naughty Dog is spewing but based on Kojima previous work I certainly don't expect it.

Markman

da Blitz master
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Trials Rising bitches! Day 1 purchase ofcourse since Im a big Trials fag.

New AC looks lamer and more boring than Origins. Looks like an expansion but they still want 60 euros. Lel fuck off.

BG&E can also fuck off with its sjw theme.

I played closed beta of Crew2, its a snooze fest. Generic, lame presentation, genderless characters, no story, no championships, no police, no criminal element. It just pops up a pointless race on the map and drive with floaty vehicles. Funny they never asked themselves during the development why the fuck should ppl play this in the first place. Its a pointless game.

Also lol at Sony. Is there an engine with a random game generator and when you press F it shits out a third person cinematic experience? What the fuck man. Maybe the samurai one was a game for a bit, rest was just bleh.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Also lol at Sony. Is there an engine with a random game generator and when you press F it shits out a third person cinematic experience?

Lol this.

I guess Sony Cinematic Game: The Horizon is the least offputting (and I'd probably play SCG: The God of War too if threatened with a gun) but all the other SCGs and their fans are retarded.

Anyway, I mentioned Focus Home. No Werewolf: The Apocalypse, I'm afraid.

We're happy to unveil our exciting E3 2018 line-up!

With closed-door presentations and hands-on demos, here is the full list of titles showcased at the Focus Home Interactive booth, West-Hall #4512, June 12-14:

• Insurgency: Sandstorm: public and journalists will play the sequel to the multi-million selling FPS Insurgency with the developers from New World Interactive, in a dedicated multiplayer session!

• Farming Simulator 19: Shown for the very first time, the newest entry in the farming phenomenon from GIANTS Software will be unveiled – including an exciting surprise to be announced at E3!

• The Surge 2: Never-before-seen gameplay of the hardcore Action-RPG from Deck 13 will be presented, with an ambitious level design and combat more brutal than ever.

• A Plague Tale: Innocence: Journalists will meet orphan siblings Amicia and Hugo - as well as the hordes of rats hunting them - in a new gameplay walkthrough by developers from Asobo Studio.

• Call of Cthulhu: Lovecraft's twisted universe comes alive in an exclusive walkthrough guided by the developers from Cyanide. Behind closed doors

• GreedFall: Dive into the latest RPG from Spiders to discover a unique world shaped by the player’s political diplomacy, character relationships and critical choices. Behind closed doors
Space Hulk: Tactics will be playable for the first time in face-to-face sessions with Cyanide developers in our Public Area.

Hands-off sessions of Necromunda: Underhive Wars with developers Rogue Factor detailing all the new features will be available in the public area.

Developers from Vostok Games, the studio behind Fear the Wolves, will also attend E3 this year to answer all your questions during exclusive interviews.

Finally, you’ll be able to get your hands on some of our most recent and imminent releases – playable stations will be available for both journalists and the public to try out Vampyr (DONTNOD Entertainment), The Surge – Complete Edition (Deck13), and Spintires: MudRunner (Saber Interactive).

Hello,

Although Tindalos Interactive won't be at E3, we're working on content for the community (videos, articles, images...) showing more of the game and its new features and they should arrive later this month.

Have a nice day!

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Are those huge spectacle conferences the only way to announce a game tho? Aren't there like a shitton of small booths for indie games that couldn't afford their own conference slot? Where is the coverage for those?

The real E3 starts today, so we'll see if it brings us anything new.

E3 2018 takes place from June 12 to 14, 2018 in the Los Angeles Convention Center. In the days prior, major publishers will hold press conferences, typically as a live presentation in large theater with streaming broadcast, or through streaming pre-recorded segments, highlighting the new games that are planned for the next year. During the show proper, developers and publishers run exhibition booths to allow industry members, the press, retail representatives, and the public to try out the new games and talk with the creators. Several side events are also to be held in nearby venues, including video game tournaments.

paintinggrey

Scholar
I know it's retarded to complain about free stuff but come on Sony, if you going to give an extra game in Plus you could gave us anything other than fucking COD.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom