Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout 76 - online Fallout spinoff from Bethesda - now on Steam with Wastelanders NPC expansion

Turjan

Arcane
I'm reminded of that time when Makabb was excited by "the last game he ever needed". We all know how that one turned out.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Just like Bioware did with Mass Effect 2 and Dragon Age 2. And we all know where did that led.

Bioware went from a decent game to full derp in one step, destroying its own games.

Bethesda seems is keeping the same game, just adding multiplayer
There will be no NPCs in the game, and I'm sure they will dumb the systems down even more. I think they are going downhill.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
Just like Bioware did with Mass Effect 2 and Dragon Age 2. And we all know where did that led.

Bioware went from a decent game to full derp in one step, destroying its own games.

Bethesda seems is keeping the same game, just adding multiplayer
There will be no NPCs in the game, and I'm sure they will dumb the systems down even more. I think they are going downhill.

135.png

It was said already they are bringing back skills from new vegas and fallout 3 that weere removed in f4

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
MAKABB IS BRINGING THIS THREAD INTO OVERDRIVE, IT MEANS IT CAN'T FAIL, RIGHT? RIGHT???

EVERYONE ON THE MAKABB TRAIN !!!!!!1111

TornThankfulGenet-size_restricted.gif

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
Bethesda has outdone itself this time, instead of making decent AI for the NPCs, they remove them altogether and introduce online where every player is the 'npc'.

Todd, you genius!

FeelTheRads

Arcane
and I'm sure they will dumb the systems down even more

What systems do you expect in a shitty shooter?

The only thing people who'd play this kind of garbage are interested in is meme-ing.

But yeah, sure, going by this thread and the number of Bethestard apologists I actually expect we'll see serious discussions about its mechanics and ultimately how it's really better than New Vegas and certainly better than F1 or 2 because at least you don't always shoot for they eyes loool
Well, what can you expect, when people are actually discussing the mechanics of a South Park RPG....

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
But yeah, sure, going by this thread and the number of Bethestard apologists I actually expect we'll see serious discussions about its mechanics and ultimately how it's really better than New Vegas and certainly better than F1 or 2 because at least you don't always shoot for they eyes loool
Well, what can you expect, when people are actually discussing the mechanics of a South Park RPG....

New Vegas is no different than Fallout 3, its the same action with exploration, it just happeon to have a little more mechanics and a better story, but it's still the same popamole game that Bethesda created.

Fallout 76 will not be the same game as 3,nv,4. It's a survival base builder, while in 3,nv,4 after you finish the main quest there is pretty much nothing to do, here you will have 'endless' gameplay, because everytime someone will nuke your base, you will have to rebuild from scratch bringing the character that you level up.

So the goal of fallout 76 is to have the biggest base with all the nuke codes so you can nuke others into stone age and prevent them from nuking you, it's a meta tactical FPS game and not an rpg anymore.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
Ok 'ere we go, first info

PvP won’t be optional. They want the drama, by incentivising hostility towards other players as opposed to ignoring them and that they want you to have some sense of danger at all times. Although they don’t want the PVP experience to be entirely 'griefy' and that the devs are still tweaking what that means in game.
There are no quest giving NPCs to talk to. Quests are obtained from Holotapes, Terminals, and found environmental objects; robots may give quests. It would seem that a dialogue system will not be featured.
FO76 will be a game as a service, one that constantly evolves as the years go on.
Mods will not happen at launch, but they very much want to have them in the game. They have yet to design the system but they want it to work as mods affect your own 'private world'. Creation Club has not yet been mentioned, however it may return when, and if, they finalise the modding system post-launch.
Edit: Whilst 'private world' could mean custom servers, it could also mean that mods will only affect your world and your own systems data, only visible to you. We could speculate that we may be limited on the types of mods, so no new weapons/armour that provide a benefit; but instead could potentially be a category called 'skins' or 'outfits', like the ones in FO4 that only change your look. :)
There is no date for the BETA however it was confirmed to only be available to preorders.
VATS is confirmed to be returning, although it is more like a real-time targeting system. It will not slow or freeze time. It seems like it will increase your 'hit chance'/aim assist. As Todd said, his character could be built to be better at vats, so maybe skills for faster lock on, better accuracy, more AP efficiency.

FeelTheRads

Arcane
New Vegas is no different than Fallout 3, its the same action with exploration, it just happeon to have a little more mechanics and a better story, but it's still the same popamole game that Bethesda created.

Fallout 76 will not be the same game as 3,nv,4. It's a survival base builder, while in 3,nv,4 after you finish the main quest there is pretty much nothing to do, here you will have 'endless' gameplay, because everytime someone will nuke your base, you will have to rebuild from scratch bringing the character that you level up.

So the goal of fallout 76 is to have the biggest base with all the nuke codes so you can nuke others into stone age and prevent them from nuking you, it's a meta tactical FPS game and not an rpg anymore.

Thanks, exactly what I said, who cares about the systems is a shit survival (lol), tactical (lol) shooter (lol).

Except the crop of open and closetet Bethestards and RPG Codex, that is.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I'm guessing the "save player 1" thing they had going a while ago got retired.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
some more

The only thing you lose/gain upon killing another player is caps. You dont get their inventory.
When another player attacks you in 76, a bounty gets put up, if the player getting attacked wins they get a reward. But, if the player attacking initially wins, they get a caps reward as well.

Generic-Giant-Spider

When you have both the Fallout and Doom IPs yet the latter is the one delivering the fun single-player experience.

Rodcocker

Arbiter
Wowy wow. They are actually making PvP mandatory? This game is going to bomb.

No matter how much tweaking they do, the griefers will always find a way to ruin other people's gaming experience. I hope Bethesda is geared up for a constant, never-ending patch war with them, and a totally toxic community.

In a with game with leveling, skills, power armour and fucking firing nukes at people they honestly think they can provide a good, balanced experience for casual players vs no-life autists? FML.

This is going to be funny.

PanteraNera

Arcane
No matter how much tweaking they do, the griefers will always find a way to ruin other people's gaming experience. I hope Bethesda is geared up for a constant, never-ending patch war with them, and a totally toxic community.

In a with game with leveling, skills, power armour and fucking firing nukes at people they honestly think they can provide a good, balanced experience for casual players vs no-life autists? FML.
Even a lot of developers that do this (PvP) since years having problems getting things balanced (with even less fields to balance) and prevent "seal-clubbing"/ farming noobs.
And Bethesda has no experience in that regard at all.

This is going to be funny.
Yes, very!
giphy.gif

Shoggot

Novice
They are preparing their ground, just like they did with settlement building in FO4.

Every next Fallout game (oh and be sure they are gonna be) will have online features.
"In Fallout 5 players have the option to JOIN YOUR GAME with you not even knowing that. Is that a NPC or another player? You'll never know."

Imagine in that in Todd's voice. No need to thank me.

Cael

Arcane
They are preparing their ground, just like they did with settlement building in FO4.

Every next Fallout game (oh and be sure they are gonna be) will have online features.
"In Fallout 5 players have the option to JOIN YOUR GAME with you not even knowing that. Is that a NPC or another player? You'll never know."

Imagine in that in Todd's voice. No need to thank me.
The obvious solution is to shoot them all and let ragequit sort them out. Which would be a fitting end to Bethesda.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
I wonder if this will be Bethesda.net exclusive on PC, at least for a while like the Elder Scrolls MMO and card game. They have no mention of Steam key on their store page, unlike other games.

Apparently beta will be Bethesda.net only.

edit: well looking at the possible app slot (the only unknown app in "Bethesda Games Studio Developer" sub pack) for Fallout 76, there are some some clues you can assume Steam release. Usual setup for game + pre-order DLC sub pack.

Last edited:

Shoggot

Novice
The obvious solution is to shoot them all and let ragequit sort them out. Which would be a fitting end to Bethesda.

You'll be able to differentiate between living players and NPC quite easily. Living players will react to what you do, which is something that even the brightest stars and sharpest tools in Bethesda are not capable of developoing in their NPCs.

PanteraNera

Arcane
Only that Fallout 5 will not have NPC's anymore.

Also what puzzles me, why haven't they stolen get inspired by Sim Settlement. Honestly to me the vanilla "building a settlement" was the worst game feature of the game. I just couldn't get into it at all and I tried, I really tried, it is boring as fuck and counter-intuitive as fuck.

Shoggot

Novice
I agree but that they are going to steal it for the Fallout 5. And they will suerly bring back NPCs to Fallout 5. The greatest "reveal" for them at that is gonna be Sim Settlement ripoff and implementing multiplayer stuff from Fallout 76 into it. Mark my words.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom