Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

E3 2018 - Official Codex Thread - June 9th to 14th - Press Conferences, Trailers and Interviews

waterdeep

Learned
you know it's been a bad E3 when microsoft had the best conference

Dexter

Arcane
SOYNY:

Starting off with bad jokes by some British guy. He's holding a speech now...
Some freak with a banjo is on stage now.

Naughty Dog "game" about Lezbians with Ellen Paige, looks like a continuous cinematic. I guess this is the new "The Last Of Us". Now switched over to Evil menz being deservedly stabbed in the neck for having a penis during them kissing.
Apparently entering low grass makes one invisible, good to know. Also the AI seems to be too stupid to hear footsteps and direct bullets and axe hits do absolutely nothing to Ellen other than letting the screen become red for a second, and men can't overpower a meek looking teenage girl.
British guy from before after footage: "IT WAS A VERY POWERFUL START", "WHERE IS THEIR HEAD AT? THEY'RE EVERYWHERE!", "THAT CONTENT WAS SO IMPACTFUL, THEY'RE PULLING OUT ALL THE STOPS! YOU HAVE TO THINK AS A PERSON!"

"Intermission in the World of Call of Doody" Wait, is this an Ad? This is an Ad, right?
What the fuck is this panel?
More commercials? Or wtf is this? WHY ARE THEY SHOWING COMMERCIALS DURING AN E3 PRESS CONFERENCE? WUT'S HAPPENIN'?
Is this a Cinematic or another Commercial? Destiny 2 DLC. I can't tell anymore, it's all blending together.
Someone is playing the FUCKING FLUTE NOW, WHAT ARE THEY DOING? GAEMZ!

Samurai game about the Mongol invasion, at least this looks interesting, great art direction, looks like an Azn Kingdom Come. I wonder if they're gonna complain that there are no travelling Africans? At least they apparently got STRONK WOMYN warriors too able to take on the Samurai. Gameplay seems to blend together with the other game they just showed.
"Ghost of Tsushima" by Sucker Punch

Another WOMYN game, what's this about? Looks Sci-Fi, kind of Cubistic, surrealistic. She seems to have some sort of Force Pull/Push powers and other supernatural abilities. SHE CAN FLY! Is this the Rebirth of Physx's Cell Factor?
"CONTROL" by Remedy

A Trailer where you're playing a cockroach looking for food and trying to survive? Bad Mojo in 3D? Oh, it was a rat... and there's zombies now! Itz Resident Evil! Is it the much-touted RE2 Remake? Yep!

Haha, did you like Rick and Morty? Get our GAEM REDDIT!
Kingdom Hearts III once more. Apparently with more Pirates of the Caribbean this time.

Kojima Productions is making... another Cinematic Trailer. The game is apparently about Norman Reedus being a delivery boy. Is this the Walking, Swimming and Climbing Simulator everyone has been waiting for? He's apparently carrying corpses & shit. Landscapes look kind of procedurally generated and some like they're on other planets. He's apparently also carrying a gun... and there's invisible monsters and Lea Seydoux, CUTE! And now there's fetuses in piss-bags and weird shadowy things hanging from umbilic cords everywhere, WTF? "Death Stranding"

Team Ninja doing Nioh 2, just a Cinematic Trailer again though.

Spooder-Man Open-World game in the footsteps of the Batman: Arkham games. Plays almost exactly the same, down to the minutiae of combat, enemies using shock sticks and shields and how Special Abilities work. Looks to be "Good for What It Is", to the point I wished this wasn't a SOYNY Excloosive.

Finally, FROMSOFT IS GONNA MAKE YOU A FAIRY IN VR!

ALSO, WHERE THE FUCK IS SUPERMAN BY ROCKSTEADY? That and Cyberpunk 2077 were what I was looking forward to the most.

Last edited:
I'm surprised I seem to be the only one impressed by Ghost of Tsushima. I thought it looked much better than anything else we've seen. Too bad it's a PS4 exclusive.

To me this E3, at least until the AC leak, was all about The Sinking City and the Focus Home games. Got some info on the former, now I'm waiting for the latter.

Aside from that, as a fan of hardcore RPG games I have to say I can't wait to lay my hands on AC: Odyssey. I'm sure it'll scratch my RPG role-playing game playing game game itch.

Danlok

Novice
Haven't played Battlefield since BF2 but I liked what I saw of Battlefield 5
Cyberpunk 2077 was unexpected; I'll withhold judgement for now
Dying Light 2, Rage 2, Gears Tactics I might pick up on sale
Metro Exodus looks good imo; same formula that I enjoy
'My Friend Pedro' and Night Call were interesting but I would get bored of them
Prey DLC was a big let down which is probably a good thing as the base game isn't anything amazing
Didn't learn anything about Resapwn's Star Wars The Fallen Order
Fallout 76s announcement hurt; modders won't be able to fill a completely empty 4x size map with content even if they actually do bring private servers and modding to it

Dexter

Arcane
Beyond Good & Evil is style over substance.
It doesn't seem to be anything at all so far... they're still showing fucking Pre-Alpha Tech Demos and asking people to "complete the game for them" now...

I wonder who are they going to blame when Division 2 will bomb like the first one, you know because they never blame themselves
It didn't bomb, it sold millions of copies or they wouldn't have made a sequel.

More than 20 million people played it overall: https://venturebeat.com/2018/03/01/...its-20-million-players-on-second-anniversary/ and it likely had 4+ million sales in its first week: https://www.digitaltrends.com/gamin...st-first-week-new-game-franchise-330-million/

Time to buy an Xbox, Microsoft won
Microsoft's Press Conference definitely had the best showing, but most of the things they were showing were Multiplatform and will appear on PC.

The new Remedy game is PS4/XONE/PC that and Nioh 2 were the only good things from this presentation.
The Kojima game might also come to PC, they were talking about that a while back, although there's no definite confirmation yet. PC game sites like PCGames.de and RPS etc. are also reporting on it though, assuming it will.

Also what's with the retardo conversation about people trying to claim that they're "mature" for playing Popamole Shooters and certain kinds of games and for watching certain kinds of media all of a sudden popping up randomly in this thread? Are you 10? Cringe.

Self-Ejected

RNGsus

Self-Ejected
I'm sure they're ok with both, censorship is taken up by the FCC.

I'm surprised I seem to be the only one impressed by Ghost of Tsushima. I thought it looked much better than anything else we've seen. Too bad it's a PS4 exclusive.

To me this E3, at least until the AC leak, was all about The Sinking City and the Focus Home games. Got some info on the former, now I'm waiting for the latter.

Aside from that, as a fan of hardcore RPG games I have to say I can't wait to lay my hands on AC: Odyssey. I'm sure it'll scratch my RPG role-playing game playing game game itch.
No SharkPG? Faggot.

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
The issue with The Rast of Us: China Number 1 (or wherever the fuck it takes place) is that it looked painfully generic, just another third person Sony exclusive 'action' game with a bunch of QTEs and overly long storyfag sequences. Death Stranding (maybe) and The Last of Us (definitely) were exactly like this, the only gameplay focused game they had there that wasn't a multiplat (CoD and Control) was that Spiderman game.

Space Satan

Arcane
Vatnik
E3 in a nutshell
DfeQeSBW0AAYS2V.jpg:large

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Fuck me, after all the hate I've given weaboos over the years.....I'm most excited about Sekiro, Tsushima and Death Stranding (ok Anno too).

Dunno if it's me getting degenerated or the Western vidya industry.

Trithne

Erudite
Ghost of Tsushima's logo just feels really out of place to me. Every time I see it I think it's going to be some cyberpunk thing.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom