Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Ryu Ga Gotoku Studio (Yakuza, Judgment, Binary Domain + more!) Discussion Thread

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Codex cover of Tonight would be called Brofists Are Forever.

Vaarna_Aarne

Very much possible, Yakuza 5 didn't come out in the West until THREE years after its Japanese release.

Vorark

Erudite
Eiaha.gif

Shame about Denuvo, tho.

taxalot

I'm a spicy fellow.
Patron
Codex 2013 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
This is great !

How do you know it's using Denuvo ?

I'm betting Yakuza Kiwami 2 will be ported too, then 3,4,5.
Then I won't need two platforms to play Yakuza :o

Deflowerer

Arcane
18 BUCKS...DAAAMN.

Double dip time.

With them starting remastering on Yakuza 3 etc, I think they will all come to PC. Starting to doubt if I should get Kiwami 2 on PS4 after all.

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
I honestly had my suspicions SEGA would wait until Yakuza 2 Kiwami was out, but hey this is great. Let's hope performance is solid.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
This is great !

How do you know it's using Denuvo ?

I'm betting Yakuza Kiwami 2 will be ported too, then 3,4,5.
Then I won't need two platforms to play Yakuza :o
How do I know it uses Debuvo? Its Steam store page.

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Sigh on one hand I am not supporting Denuvo

On the other hand its Yakuza and Sega porting games to PC.

Maybe maybe if this is a success we would see Persona 5 Complete Edition like P4 Golden but for PC

GrainWetski

Arcane
Sigh on one hand I am not supporting Denuvo

On the other hand its Yakuza and Sega porting games to PC.

Maybe maybe if this is a success we would see Persona 5 Complete Edition like P4 Golden but for PC
Atlus would probably give SEGA money to not put Persona on PC.

Vorark

Erudite
Don't SEGA ports traditionally blow?

In terms of quality or sales? If about the former, the ones I've played (VC1, Vanquish) were pretty good. No idea about how much $$$ they raked in, probably not too bad if they decided to port Yakuza.

Vaarna_Aarne

Don't SEGA ports traditionally blow?

In terms of quality or sales? If about the former, the ones I've played (VC1, Vanquish) were pretty good. No idea about how much $$$ they raked in, probably not too bad if they decided to port Yakuza.
The $$$ thing is probably more due to the way the Yakuza games sales in the West have skyrocketed after Zero was released outside of Japan.

Deflowerer

Arcane
Well, skyrocketing in terms of the pathetic sales pre-Yakuza 0.

Fact is that the Japanese market is collapsing, so expanding their markets and platforms is the best way.

Wirdschowerdn

Ph.D. in World Saving
Patron
Sega confirms that Yakuza 0 PC will support 4K60FPS, as well as an uncapped frame rate
2018-06-13 10:15:00by Chris Carter

Still digital only

During the relatively uneventful PC Gaming Show there was one announcement that stood out -- Sega's commitment to PC gaming, which just happened to reveal during a short clip that they were bringing Yakuza 0 and Yakuza Kiwami to the PC.

I mean, that's the sort of thing you get a Sega rep in for and discuss, but instead we got tons of clips of old PC games and date reveals we already knew about. Anyway, Sega took to Twitter to confirm that not only will Yakuza 0 run at 4K and 60 frames-per-second, but it'll also offer an uncapped framerate option for "meatier" PCs.

Within that same Twitter thread Sega re-iterated that both releases are digital only. Still, given that the Yakuza series never could have seen the light of day in the west, the proliferation of it in any shape or form is good news.

Uncapped framerate...

KCHuj0N8G.gif

Ivan

Arcane
how hyped should I be for Yakuza 0 if I'm expecting this to be like Sleeping Dogs?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom